Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

one of a kind 2006 Z06 for sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2014, 08:15 PM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by adamgl
I agree most people want stock cars. Those people can go buy one. I mod all my vehicles, to improve the areas I feel need improved. It would take someone of similar mindset.

I don't have to sell. If someone would buy a stock car with same miles and year as mine and do the mods it would run them around $85k. It would take someone who is looking to do similar mods.
When I was looking for Z06's to buy I could have got stock one's around at $40-$45k. I got this one instead because I wanted a modded car, and most of the work was already done. Thus saving me money vs. purchasing all those parts myself.
This is a "One-Of-A-Kind" Car! Stock-condition cars are a dime a dozen. This is one of 282 painted DSOM from the factory and that doesn't account for the mods. No part was spared and nothing was done on the "cheap". The car is worth every penny to "the right buyer". That's why when I listed it in July 2012, Mr. Gladbach was at my door in NY......all the way from MO in less than 3 days after posting it for sale and paid every last penny that I was asking for it.

Adam, be patient, the right buyer will eventually come along just like you did.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:40 PM
ibleedgreen
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I agree ^^^ just be patient. It will take just the right buyer, that wants the car just how you built it and understands the value they are getting.
I have a similar Z for sale, not quite as extreme but it's only been up a couple of weeks, the right buyer will eventually see it.
Old 01-08-2014, 08:48 PM
adamgl
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DSOM Z06
This is a "One-Of-A-Kind" Car! Stock-condition cars are a dime a dozen. This is one of 282 painted DSOM from the factory and that doesn't account for the mods. No part was spared and nothing was done on the "cheap". The car is worth every penny to "the right buyer". That's why when I listed it in July 2012, Mr. Gladbach was at my door in NY......all the way from MO in less than 3 days after posting it for sale and paid every last penny that I was asking for it.

Adam, be patient, the right buyer will eventually come along just like you did.
Thanks If the right buyer doesn't show up I'll just keep it. And wait a few years on the house.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:09 PM
383ystrim
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I love all the opinions of the experts on the forum. There are definitely some smart people on here, but there are some that claim to know it all too. They aren't even in the market for a car or specifically your car...but they still find their duty to post crap about how your car is overpriced.

Last time I checked, you didn't ask them for their opinion. But they feel they are doing you a favor by telling you that your car is overpriced. I know this stuff can be expected, but why dont they just move on if they don't like the deal?

If you look at some of the "posters"... you will find the same ones voicing their opinions all over the place. One guy even complains about how everyone asks too much for their cars, but pats himself on the back saying that every car he buys...he enjoys it for a little while and makes $3k on it when he sells.

Lastly, there are plenty of cheap cars for sale on the forum. But many of them are still for sale, because these bottom feeders aren't legitimate or really in the market. If you want to pay wholesale or auction prices for a car...go to the auction and buy one. Simple. Cars are being sold on this site for retail. You don't like it...move on and buy somewhere else.

Sorry to voice my opinion. You car is very nice (and I have one with similar mods). I know to the penny what it cost to get there. Yet your car is being compared to a stock Z06. Stupid...if you want a stock Z06...go buy one. If the $7k seats aren't important to you and don't bring any extra value to you...then move on. Or go buy a stock Z06 and do you own mods...and spend more money.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:25 PM
BigO
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by O2z06
Why does the year matter? Year and the miles for a car like this and for the next 10+ years will matter how much the car is worth. Great, you spent a bunch of money and put it into a car that you loved and made better (or most would feel this way or agree with this statement). However, to a collector or someone buying a car right now they would or could compare this to purchasing a used zr1 for the price range you are in. They will have a zr1 all stock and stock body. Most perfect all stock parts and stock pieces. When it comes time to sell a stock zr1 compared to your car the stock zr1 will bring in more money and hold it's value longer and be an easier sell. I would prefer a non ditched around stock car to a modded one and I believe most people would unless it is less in value or a steal price.
p
If everything I said wasn't true then the car would have sold already but it hasn't. You can come back and cry and complain saying I'm a dick but I speak the truth. Good lucking selling your car. It's an interesting car non to less and if you found someone who loved it and appreciated it as much as you do maybe you could get lucky and sell it. I highly doubt it at that price but hey a fool is born ever minute. It would be hard to find a fool with a lot of money though. You could buy a used 2002 ferrari 360 spider f1 for the price of your car. Just saying.
Dude STFU already. Noone gives a ratsa$$ what you think. Forum rules say no comments on value. Listen and quit looking like a major Dbag when you bust everyones nuts on their for sale threads.
Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 PM
383ystrim
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

You are off on a decent amount of things that you said. There are cars that get sold on here for a fair price, steal, or good deal. When they do get posted or the owner drops the price they sell within days. Why do you think I watch the forums, ebay, craigslist, cargurus, and cars.com, and autotrader? Every corvette I have bought was purchased from corvette forum or I found the car on here and then quickly bought it. I was just about to buy the 07 blue 16k miles c6 z06 for $38k as well but it was too far away to get there in time. Guess what? The car sold this past Monday. Why? Because it was priced to sell and if that guy didn't buy it I would have along with the rest of the guys in line for it. When I purchase a car I buy it at what edmunds says and compared to kbb.com I'm buying it at a steal since a lot of people go off the kbb numbers. When I sell the car I sell it for under what kbb rates it and that person feels that they are getting a good deal and maybe they are since so many go off kbb.com prices. By the way the only reason I responded to his post or other peoples posts is because they write such absurd stuff like "I'm going to raise the price soon. I'm suprised no one has bought it" haha
Or like what the OP said at the top of this thread. Haha
You can all say I'm wrong but guess what? I've done it multiple times now and know what the market is. I can promise that this car WILL NOT SELL FOR $65k in all of 2014. He will ether keep it or drop the price.
I am not off on **** brother. You are one of the bottom feeders that I speak off. You and Dr Gordon should go on a date. Congrats that you are smarter than everybody else. I see you post on so many for sale threads and not many positive things to say. Are you in the market for 15 cars at the same time? This car doesn't fit your profile...so why even get involved in any comments. He can ask $1Million for his car. It's his. You don't like it...move on. Again simple.

Then you brag that you bought it from a forum member and sell it for more. Whatever man.

Thrash me all you want...but I will not reply again. This is his for sale thread that I shouldn't be involved in. (and neither should you)
Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 PM
vforrest
Racer

Thanks If the right buyer doesn't show up I'll just keep it. And wait a few years on the house.

GLWS...I hope you get your price and I'm cheering you on from the sidelines because your car really reflects your passion and love for it! And I hope you sell it soon so you can move on to your house project because those are in killer price territory too!

For selfish reasons...I like it that you put it here on CF and it's still here because I like coming here and looking at the pictures it's that cool.....
Old 01-09-2014, 12:03 AM
NSANEC6
Drifting

I have about 110 k in my build and I like my car but hell I am in absolute LUST for yours. If you were interested in trading I might just be first in line. You have a stunning car. I use some of your pics as a screen saver. I wish you the best on the sale and on your house. Some of these people on these forums have no idea the time, money and patience it takes to put together a car like this one. It's worth your ask if you ask me... GLWS.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:05 AM
poolhustler
Burning Brakes

You are off on a decent amount of things that you said. There are cars that get sold on here for a fair price, steal, or good deal. When they do get posted or the owner drops the price they sell within days. Why do you think I watch the forums, ebay, craigslist, cargurus, and cars.com, and autotrader? Every corvette I have bought was purchased from corvette forum or I found the car on here and then quickly bought it. I was just about to buy the 07 blue 16k miles c6 z06 for $38k as well but it was too far away to get there in time. Guess what? The car sold this past Monday. Why? Because it was priced to sell and if that guy didn't buy it I would have along with the rest of the guys in line for it. When I purchase a car I buy it at what edmunds says and compared to kbb.com I'm buying it at a steal since a lot of people go off the kbb numbers. When I sell the car I sell it for under what kbb rates it and that person feels that they are getting a good deal and maybe they are since so many go off kbb.com prices. By the way the only reason I responded to his post or other peoples posts is because they write such absurd stuff like "I'm going to raise the price soon. I'm suprised no one has bought it" haha
You can all say I'm wrong but guess what? I've done it multiple times now and know what the market is. I can promise that this car WILL NOT SELL FOR $65k in all of 2014. He will ether keep it or drop the price.
I thought it was against forum rules to bash other peoples for sale threads, or has that rule been retracted or changed??
Old 01-09-2014, 08:52 PM
DSOM Z06
Le Mans Master

What was the difference in July 2012 when it actually sold for $65K? Is the year and a half depreciation what you are referring to? I can't imagine that being the case in a rare piece like this.
Old 01-09-2014, 10:18 PM
NavyTrident
Advanced

2014 C7 and 2015 C7 Z06 with 630hp and 650 torque. Brand new, warranty, etc. Need I say more? Or should we start to talk about this 2006 used out dated model with miles that has been ditched around and modified? It's funny what some of you say but has it sold? Will it sell at $65k? Only time will tell.
You really don't get it. Who cares what this guy wants to ask for his car. I see you post on so many threads giving your opinion and then every time you say you got the best deal and then sold it for a profit. Well guess what. Nobody gives a damn. How about next time you want to give your opinion on a guys price you just keep it to yourself. If the car sits for months what's it to you???
Old 01-09-2014, 11:17 PM
bpGx
Racer

well this is getting interesting

BTW nice car
Old 01-10-2014, 07:17 AM
stronghammer
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 7 Posts

Again, if this was true the car wouldn't be sitting for sale for over 2 months on this forum. I can't even begin to tell you how fast I've bought and sold for profit the past 3 vettes that I've owned or bought and then sold. If a car is priced right and highly desired it sells in less than a week. These are all true statements and anyone who tries to argue that is a complete fool. Reading your posts make me think you actually believe the crap that is coming out of your mouth which scares me.
Recently parted out my car and moved into a C6. Whenever someone made an offer on something I had for sale I would check them out by reading old posts. If I found out they were a Dbag, someone like yourself, I would say no thanks. In fact for several items I took less money to sell to a reasonable person rather than selling to an A@@hat such as yourself. Just saying
To the OP, car is super hot. Ignore the troll.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:17 AM
adamgl
Racer

Originally Posted by DSOM Z06
What was the difference in July 2012 when it actually sold for $65K? Is the year and a half depreciation what you are referring to? I can't imagine that being the case in a rare piece like this.
And I've put around $5k more into it. Newest Pfadt featherlight coilovers, heads out to WCCH for bronze guides, new springs and valve job, ported and painted the Fast intake, added Elite Engineering catch can.

This one guy just likes stock cars and thinks any mods ruins cars. Ditched around really? You can't use Kbb to find values on highly modded cars. The seller and potential buyer have to figure out what value the mods bring to them.
New C7 Z06's are going to be a lot more than $65k. People who want stock or warranty can buy a Base C7 or stock Z06.
People who are into modding and want one of the nicest Z06's on the planet are the ones who would be interested in this car.
Old 01-10-2014, 12:00 PM
adamgl
Racer

Few more pics
Attached Images   
Old 01-10-2014, 12:01 PM
BigO
Racer

Absolutley awesome car! GLWS!
Old 01-13-2014, 01:01 AM
NSANEC6
Drifting

Man I thought there was a forum rule against a@@hats trolling the for sale section like what I see here. Unbelievable... This guy should move on and quit making as **** out of himself... OP GLWS I hope things work out for you.

Get notified of new replies

To one of a kind 2006 Z06 for sale

Old 01-13-2014, 04:37 AM
Yello95
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,229 Likes on 875 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Originally Posted by NSANEC6
Man I thought there was a forum rule against a@@hats trolling the for sale section like what I see here. Unbelievable... This guy should move on and quit making as **** out of himself... OP GLWS I hope things work out for you.
...can't figure out why the troll hasn't been booted yet...OP, beautiful Corvette and fair pricing for all of the mods done...good luck with the sale...hope the troll stays out of your thread\

Heres some FYI for the idiot troll>>>>

Sticky: Interference in a For Sale Thread
JimTN
If you don’t like the price or item being offered in for sale thread, take it to e-mail or PMs. Better still, just move on to a thread that is offering something you like the price on.

If you post a criticism of the price or the quality of the item being offered, you will be in violation of Forum rules and subject to sanctions.

If you post your own for sale items to the for sale thread started by someone else, you also are in violation of Forum rules. Start your own thread, rather than jumping into the thread of someone else.

If your contribution to a for sale thread does not advance the sale, you are in the way.

Last edited by Yello95; 01-13-2014 at 04:43 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 05:17 AM
Vetteman Jack
Administrator

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: In a parallel universe. Currently own 2014 Stingray Coupe.
Received 19,421 Likes on 14,039 Posts
C7 of the Year - Modified Finalist 2021
MO Events Coordinator
St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-
'20-'21-'22-'23-'24
NCM Sinkhole Donor
CI 5, 8 & 11 Veteran

Good luck with the sale. That is one stunning car.
Old 01-13-2014, 09:31 AM
Zenak
Terminal Vette Addict
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 36 Likes on 12 Posts

Great looking car. Good luck in the sale, it was a labor of love.

Spring is the market for this beast! January is the worst month for selling Vettes :p

Quick Reply: one of a kind 2006 Z06 for sale