Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2006 Z06 - H/C/Headers plus track ready bits - $46,594.50

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2013, 10:21 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2006 557 WHP Z06 - H/C/Headers plus track ready bits - $43,594.50

FOR SALE: 2006 CORVETTE Z06 - PRICE DROPPED DOWN TO $36,969. It no longer has spindle ducts or wilwood rotors, or seats. It still has less than 33,000 miles and no additional track time since the original posting.

I have decided to put up my pride and joy for sale. I am selling this to provide funds to get into racing. This is a fully loaded 2LZ with Nav, Bose system, heated seats, etc - every option.

I purchased the vehicle in April of 2010 and it had about 22,000 miles on it at that time. As of this writing it has 32,017 miles. I recently upgraded many components of the vehicle to prepare it for track time. In doing so I discovered how passionate I am about track motorsports. To that end I have decided to sell the vehicle for a more affordable track machine that I can wheel-to-wheel race.

There are some very minor blems in the paint here and there. It has track time so that is expected. I have priced the base level of the car to reflect the paint condition. It's about 8.7/10 - a bit of spray on the front of the rear fenders, and some really fine scratches on the right side door from hitting a cone. The front of the car has a 3M clear bra that has some scratches on it. The clear bra has been on there since new so the paint should be pristine underneath.

The car has exactly 3.5 hours of track time, and 913 miles since I completed these mods. After the tune, the oil was changed after 2 hours of track time. I just did a track day yesterday and I am going to change the oil so this last change had 1.5 hours of track time. Since the build, i have been running Rotella T6 5w-40 (1200+ ppm Zinc levels - much better than Mobile 1).

In it’s current form it’s about 50 lbs lighter than stock.

Here are the mods starting with the motor and working down:

Texas Speed PRC 265 Heads - Titanium intake valves (by Trick Titanium), Stainless Exhaust valves. These have the TSP .675 dual valve springs.

GM MLS head gaskets were used. I meticulously cleaned all the bolt holes and deck surfaces, prepped with rubbing alcohol and no human skin oils touched the surfaces.

ARP Head Bolts (much stronger than stock and can be re-used).

Redline assembly lube was used for everything.

Comp Cams 7.850” pushrods which gave .0090 lifter preload.

Brand new LS7 lifters bathed in oil overnight (to prime the lifters).

Texas Speed LS7S Cam - 242/250 duration .650/.650 lift 114 +3 (runs very smoothly. It can putt along at 1400 in 6th just fine)

New Cometic gaskets for the timing cover and water pump.

ARP Crank Bolt

Aviaid Oil Tank Baffle (keeps oil from burping into intake, helps separate air and oil to resupply oiling system more effectively, keeps oil from climbing up the tank walls away from the pickup during high G turn)

Pfadt Tri-Y Headers with Hi Flow 200 Cell Cats & Cometic gaskets

Stock exhaust mufflers - modified to be a bit louder. Mild 2 Wild exhaust controller

Bilstein DRM valved Shocks

Pfadt Poly Engine Mounts

Pfadt Poly Transmission Mounts

Wilwood W6A front rotors

Wilwood B Compound pads up front, ST43 pads in the rear

Wilwood street pads in for the front Hawk Ceramic pads for rear for in between trackdays,

Two peice Coleman rotors up front.

Brand new stock rotors as back up.

Ram air brake ducts with Quantum spindle ducts. These intake from either side of the radiator for full high pressure frontal air.

Spare set of black Repro Z06 wheels (with TPMS Sensors). Front tires are still good (40% tread left). Needs rears.

Stock wheels (polished) have Nitto Invos with 3.5 hours of track time on them. Still plenty of life left.

Brand new Michelen PSS tires are waiting to go on.

Corbou Drivers and passenger seat

Vettworks 5 point harness floor mounting plates

Shark Harness bar with Camera mount

G-Force harnesses

RX Catch Can (again, keeps oil out of the intake and reduces oil vapor in the system)

Fans are re-programmed to come low speed at 200 F and high speed at 220 F

Tuned by Harvey @ TheBoostCreep. Puts down 557 HP & 500 TQ

I’m asking $42,077 for the car with JUST heads, cam, and headers.

I was experimenting with wheel colors so they are plasti-dipped right now. it can peel right off to go back to original.

I would much prefer to sell this to someone who wants to track the car with all the track mods left as is, for the incredible value of $46594.50.

You can reach me at erich.gradle@gmail.com with any questions. I will respond quickly. I am in Golden CO. I moved here from Texas a year ago and of course, have never driven the car on snow or salted roads.

Name:  oN72eFe.png
Views: 10
Size:  110.7 KB

Below are pics of the car in it's various forms, and pics of the build, and video of the first start:

Here she is ready mid way thru tear down

Hi-tech engine jacking system

Cradle hangin

Some progress. Old heads about to come off

UNLEANNNNN

Vacuuming out the bolt holes

Cleaned mating surface

More progress

New Cam all lubed up (old lifters in background).

In she goes - I used the water pump bolts for extra grip as slowly inserted the bump stick

new lifters taking a bath

Timing chain and sprocket back on. DON'T forget to loctite the cam retention plate like i did - I had it almost back together and then took it all back apart. (after being like, wait did i loctite those? Don't drink too much beer while working on your car either)

About the oil pump - I've heard of others having trouble getting each of the cogs to line up. I laid under the car and got my head up to peer down the length of the crank rod, and looking through the oil pump. I got the first sprocket onto the crank and then reach in with your finger and peer through the hole to get the teeth lined up. Then do the same with the second cog and it's really easy. I even did it twice.

Super hi tech "CAI" mod (1x5" rectangle cuts)

Getting there

Hanging up exhaust - i had the great idea to run the O2 wires ABOVE the tunnel plate... but not long enough

Pretty V Bands

Pfadt engine mounts

All the rockers ready to go in (I used 7.850 pushrods)

RX Catch Can

Left coil packs off for starter catastrophe check

Last edited by erichg1000; 01-28-2015 at 11:32 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:05 AM
dapopa9
Burning Brakes

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

wow great detailed post! GL with the sale.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:59 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

I'm now offering free corvette advice!
Old 07-19-2013, 09:56 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

I found the racecar I want. I have to buy a trailer to go with it, and my little Tundra isn't going to pull it so in the market for a Duramax as well.

Previously unmotivated seller is now getting more motivated. I dropped $3k off the price

$39,077 Demod
$43,594 with everything as is

On a side note my 2006 Tundra 4x4 SR5 fully loaded double cab is now up for sale. $8500 with 192,000 miles, runs perfect like just about every tundra out there. This one is in great condition and also has Bilstein 5100 shocks - Craigslist post to come
Old 07-23-2013, 04:15 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

To the top - I'm a bit surprised no one is interested in a Z06 that has the heads issue taken care of!
Old 07-23-2013, 08:59 PM
SpartanSupps
Racer

I am definitely interested! haha but I am waiting on a sale of a property.
Looking for a H/C zo6, Black. Yours is more than I could ask for in a built track ready car!
If you still got her in August, I will be in touch for sure!
BumP!!
Old 07-28-2013, 02:55 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

I'm about to go out to the garage and start removing some of these wonderful track bits. I'll post these parts up for sale separately. (unless Spartan is really serious and wants me to hold off?)

I will end up reposting a new ad for this car as a heads / cam only car.
Old 08-02-2013, 04:14 PM
SpartanSupps
Racer

Eric, go ahead as you planned, More delays on my appraisal.
BUMP for ya and such a sweet Z !!!
Old 08-14-2013, 12:48 PM
erichg1000
Drifting

I sold the harness bar, harnesses, and harness mounts. So drop $500 off the price for that.

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 Z06 - H/C/Headers plus track ready bits - $46,594.50

Quick Reply: 2006 Z06 - H/C/Headers plus track ready bits - $46,594.50