Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2007 Machine Silver H/C Z06 FS!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 05:30 PM
IanM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Machine Silver H/C Z06 FS!

CAR IS ON EBAY CURRENTLY AT $37,500 AND WILL SELL FOR WHATEVER THE FINAL BID IS.

Well I have finally decided to go ahead and do this. Up for sale is my 07 Z06 in machine silver. The car has a good CarFax report. It has also been VERY well taken care of. In case you didn't know machine silver is also clearly the fastest color

I am going to list what is done to the car with prices of the mods (so you can get an idea of what is in the car) and a little take on each item. I have personally put hundreds of hours into making sure the build went together the best it possibly could have.

*WCCH Heads Stage 2 Heads $1515
The heads where looked at stock for valve problems and came back fine. I had SS valves put in them just for insurance. As well as bronze guides etc.

*CHE Precision Rocker Arms $400
Why worry about needle bearings? Another mod to keep it strong for time to come.

*Vette-Air Black Panther Cam and Spring Kit $700
Including dual springs, Ti retainers etc. more than enough to handle the grind on the cam.

*Texas-speed Chromemoly pushrods $140
*Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set $180
*ARP Hex Head Bolt Kit and Crank Bolt $120
Again more insurance.

*ARH Long Tube Headers and X Pipe $1550
*Headers are Jet Hot Extreme 2500 coated (black) $700
The coating is not only heat resistant beyond anything the headers will ever see and has not faded or flaked but is also thicker than standard coatings and manages heat in the engine bay. It is the best coating you can get.

*B&B Bullet Exhaust $550
I list this exhaust as $550 because I got it as a trade for the stock exhaust and cash. It is a great exhaust with some serious weight savings.

*Halltech Killer Bee MF103 Intake $515
Great intake...

*FAST 102mm Intake Manifold $900
*Painted LS2 Fuel Rail $100
*Texas Speed Fuel Pressure Gauge $50
*Ported factory throttle body $250

*Monster Level 3 Clutch Premium Package $900
*ARP Flywheel Bolts $25 (only listed for durability factor)
A great clutch setup with new GM parts to back it up. The clutch does chatter a little bit when treated softly. It has no problem holding the power the car is making and has given me no trouble. The pedal feel is like stock.

*Tick Adjustable Master Cylinder $325
*Tick clutch bleed line $50
No more problems with stock regulated flow causing pedal drop. This also contributes to the stock like feel of the clutch. You can put clutch engagement wherever you want with it.

*HPTuners VCM Suite $500
Great tuning interface! I will also send the current maps with the car in case you want to edit them or for some reason need to reload them.

*PCV Oil Catch Can $150

*Hawk Brake Pads $300
Recently installed and work great.

*RSD Roll Bar w/ Driver Swingout $1250
Bar is legal to 10.00 and can be removed. Currently all the bolt in spots have been silicone sealed to prevent any possible rust or leaking. Pop out the door bar and daily drive. Put it back in and run to 10.00 legally at any dragstrip without being kicked out.

*Vetteworks Hardbar Lap Belt Bar $180
I know $180 seems like a small add in the grand scheme but this is awesome! Daily you will never know it is there. When you want it you can hook in your harness and run at the strip or road coarse legally with a safe and well attached harness.

*Pioneer Head Unit w/ Nav $500
Great head unit with navigation built in. Their is also an iPod/iPhone jack run into the glove box.

*Focal Speakers $500
I actually did a full write up on this install in the forums. The speakers sound amazing and make the stock ones sound horrible. I did not add a sub or anything heavy as I wanted the car to perform but still have a good sounding audio system. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...-detailed.html

*Custom matting $300
I covered the door panels/floor and hatch area with matting to deaden sound. The install has made a huge difference in drone in the cabin and overall heat. It also only came to a total of 18lbs added.

Their are so many little odds and ends that I haven't added above. I even took the time to have the alternator mount painted black to match the engine. The car is amazing and a ton of fun to drive. Despite the cam and clutch it is daily driveable without a problem.

The heads have around 4k miles on them and have PLENTY left to go. The clutch has around 2k miles on it. Keep in mind if you want a Z06 but are worried about the LS7 dropping a valve this is your ticket!

I have changed the oil in this car religiously. I changed it every 2000 to 2500 miles. I also change the clutch fluid using the Ranger method during gas ups (I cannot tell you how many times that has been done but A LOT). The transmission fluid has been changed three times in the duration of me owning the car (less than 10k miles).

The car made 567rwhp and 515rwtq on it's first pull and tune (95 degree heat and before the ported throttle body) on it's second pull it made 589rwhp and 523rwtq. The full tune was done by RPM. This car is faster than a stock ZR1 and has room to grow. Below 3500rpm the car is angry but well mannered... above 3500rpm the car feels like a demon trying to rip his way out of hell and sounds like it too.

If you add up the modifications it comes to over $12k in parts ALONE. Not including any installation or dyno time at all.

The negative sides to the car are a tear in the drivers seat (near the side of the seat. Extremely common on these seats).

The car currently has 42k miles on it.

It is up for sale for $37,500 on eBay right now!

I will be back in NJ on the 6th and I welcome anyone who is seriously interested to come see and drive the car. I will also be more than happy to help with shipping the car, however, shipping is at the buyer's expense.

If you are interested in talking on the phone please PM me. Also if you want any other information or are interested in pictures of anything please PM me and let me know! This is a living thread and I will be updating it as much as possible. Also the car will go on sale on other sites and locally once I get back in town.

Last edited by IanM; 07-17-2013 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:05 PM
IanM
Racer

Just a heads up guys/gals. The car went on Ebay today. If you are interested please let me know!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Spartan 45
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default z06 sale

Ian 42,000 miles on an 07 is not what I would call a negative...7,000 miles ann. is great for as much fun as that must be to drive.
Your car is the perfect color and greatly modded.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:00 PM
IanM
Racer

Thanks! I have tried to take the best care of it possible. I am without a doubt going to miss the thing!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:08 PM
Spartan 45
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default z06 sale

Without a doubt,if I were in the market for a C6Z, this would be the one to pull the trigger on.
Old 07-01-2013, 09:10 PM
~STOLEN~
Melting Slicks

Received 164 Likes on 136 Posts

SICK
i wish i had that big of a budget man

nice ride!!!
Old 07-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Turbooo2u
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this car stock? Any MODs??This has to be substantially faster than a stock ZR1. Very well presented. GLWTS.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:03 PM
IanM
Racer

Originally Posted by ~STOLEN~
SICK
i wish i had that big of a budget man

nice ride!!!
Thanks! It is a ton of fun to drive. I guess in reality in the end I am one of those guys that gets to a point with a car then wants another one. I do love the car though.

Originally Posted by Turbooo2u
Is this car stock? Any MODs??This has to be substantially faster than a stock ZR1. Very well presented. GLWTS.
It's a H/C car mods are listed in the first post. It pulls on a stock ZR1 quite hard... Thanks!
Old 07-16-2013, 07:26 PM
Spartan 45
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default z06 sale

Will somebody buy this car soon, so I don't try to sell mine to get his.
Old 07-16-2013, 08:42 PM
IanM
Racer

Haha thanks man... It literally makes me hurt to think about how much I just listed it on eBay for. The problem is I have very little time until I deploy so I would rather sell it than have it sit for half a year with no one taking care of it.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:16 PM
IanM
Racer

Just a heads up this car is on eBay right now for $37,500 and it WILL sell at whatever it goes for be it 37.5 or more. I am a few weeks out from leaving the states and do not want the car sitting while I am gone. If you want more info etc let me know!
Old 07-18-2013, 10:40 PM
Spartan 45
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default z06 sale

More photos on e-bay to see how much went into this car.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:41 PM
urslow
Instructor

Bump for a fellow service member. I am in the Army at Bragg. My brother in law is stationed at Mcguire. I would love to have that car need to see what I can do.

Last edited by urslow; 07-23-2013 at 05:46 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:59 PM
Spartan 45
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Default z06 sale

I think it sold this past weekend.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:29 PM
IanM
Racer

Still up on eBay not sold yet! Times getting really short.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:37 PM
IanM
Racer

I am really having a hard time understanding why the car isn't sold yet. If I had the 95 watchers that where on eBay here to actually see the thing in person it would probably have been a bidding war on the spot. Yet I put it up for sale and I get a bunch of messages post auction offering me $35k for a car I am already selling for WELL below what it's worth. Anyway, car is still for sale

If you doubt the build come see it in person or ask for a video... the exterior is amazing. Nothing more you can really ask for.

I am taking a pretty big loss on the car as is.

If you're interested check out a few videos. These are pre TB port and whatnot but still an AMAZINGLY strong car.

The reason their is tape on the intake tube in this one was because I was sent a connector with two holes and the vacuum system only requires one... I plugged it with a grommet and taped it to be sure... Halltech sent me the correct one shortly after as you can see in the pictures.

Missed shift 10.78 haha that day was great... and if any of the guys that where there are reading this thanks for the help and driving tips!

Last edited by IanM; 07-26-2013 at 07:46 PM. Reason: adding videos
Old 07-26-2013, 08:24 PM
Spartan 45
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I dont know what to say...This car is fantastic ! not 1 bid ?

Get notified of new replies

To 2007 Machine Silver H/C Z06 FS!

Old 07-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Joe0121
Race Director

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

unfortunately no one really has any money. The people who do are the type that want a stock car not a modded one. I had a 99 when I was in the Corps back in 2006.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:04 PM
z76232
Drifting

Received 72 Likes on 50 Posts

It looks like a real nice car but seeing it hot rodded at the race track didn't do it any favors. I know you have a lot of money in it but even $37500 is a ton of money how-a-days for a toy. I think if you really want to sell it, jump on anything close to $35k. I know it's not what you want to hear.
Old 07-26-2013, 10:22 PM
UmX
Safety Car

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by z76232
It looks like a real nice car but seeing it hot rodded at the race track didn't do it any favors. I know you have a lot of money in it but even $37500 is a ton of money how-a-days for a toy. I think if you really want to sell it, jump on anything close to $35k. I know it's not what you want to hear.
everyone takes there cars to the track and if they say they didnt they are a lair. I prefer modded bc someone did the work I was going to do anyways..And its a cheaper way to buy a car. If this was another color ( jsb ) atomic) and i could unload mine id prob buy it. Althou silver was my other choice of colors over black..

Quick Reply: 2007 Machine Silver H/C Z06 FS!