Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2006 Triple Black, Z51 6 speed convertible, 1 Owner, Totally Stock, 10,900 miles

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 07:25 PM
02' vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2006 Triple Black, Z51 6 speed convertible, 1 Owner, Totally Stock, 10,900 miles

The Stingray is arriving the beginning of October. So I will post this price up until that time and if no one takes it, then I will trade it in.

If no one takes advantage of this car at this price, I will be absolutely shocked. I would imagine you could buy it, drive it for 6 months and possibly sell it for more. THE CAR IS IN IMMACULATE CONDITION!

Anyways I will sell the car at the dealership offer of $33,200.

There is absolutely NO WAY that there is any convertible 6 speed Z51 C6, with this low of mileage for sale ANYWHERE in the U.S. right now.

Someone would be getting an absolutely RIDICULOUS deal........

**** Price Drop *** I am dropping the price to $33.2K down from $36,000.

I just purchased (placed the order and deposit) on a 2014 6 speed Z51 today. They made me a very good deal on it based on what they are going for (essentially no markup at all).

I am only going to have room for one Corvette, so this one has to go.

I would rather see an enthusiast like me get this car rather than trade it into the dealership. They want the car pretty bad as a trade, as I am sure they would make several thousand dollars off it.

I live in Orlando, FL and yes, I am well over 40 years old, so this is not "kid" owned or raced. (If you come by to look at it, or purchase it) you will see the condition of my other cars (Viper, AMG Mercedes) and understand how well this car has been taken care of.

I am pricing this car well below KBB, which has private party value at $39K (which I actually think is a bit high). As such, if financing was needed, it would be quite easy at $36K.

I also pulled EVERY 2008, 2007 and 2006 6 speed convertible corvette pricing in the country off of cars.com today with less than 12,000 miles and have mine priced below all of them (most are not even Z51’s).

So essentially this is the lowest priced (with 11,000 miles or less), fully optioned, Z51 convertible 6 speed in the country

I would venture to say that it is certainly in the highest percentile (as far as condition and how well it has been maintained) in the country.

I have ALL documentation for the car, original bill of sale, original order documents (the car was custom ordered), window sticker, books, marketing CD’s, extra key fob and key etc. etc all in a folder that will go with the car.

It basically has ALL options (with exception of chrome rims, as I did not like how they looked with the black). Just a little too showy for me.

Key options are: Power Top, Navigation, Heads Up, Bose, Heated Seats, Tinted Windows 30% all around (not too dark).

Brand new Michelin run-flats in the OEM sizes (420 miles on them have the receipts from a few months ago) The Goodyear’s lasted 10,000 miles 

EVERYTHING on the car obviously works and the oil was changed 3 months ago, Mobil 1. It is ready to go.

I have the title in hand; there is no lien on the car. It has been a very rewarding and great car and I am sure it will make someone quite happy.

I really thought hard about how many pictures to post, but I figured it would just be easier to post just a few and give everyone my e-mail address. I can go out into the garage and send them whichever types of pictures they wanted. I have a lift in my garage so if the buyer wanted to see underneath the car as well, that would be quite easy.

Email: tgilchrist@cfl.rr.com Cell: 321-228-7316

Tom

Last edited by 02' vette; 08-17-2013 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Price Drop
Old 06-20-2013, 08:46 PM
Dadman1950
Racer

Beautiful car. You should have no problem selling. I just sold my 2005 Z51 coupe with just 5K on it and priced it right. $30K. Car sold in three days for full price to the first person that saw it. Actually had three offers all full price but the other two had to arrange financing.
So at the price you have it for a vert, it should sell this week! You might want to put it on VetteFinders. They seem to have serious buyers. Check them out.
Anyway good luck with the sale and enjoy the C7. If my prediction is correct though you will be VETTELESS for a few months until your new one shows up. Maybe you should have waited a month or two before selling it.
Can I ask you where you bought the C7?

Last edited by Dadman1950; 06-20-2013 at 08:48 PM. Reason: CLARIFY
Old 06-20-2013, 09:46 PM
02' vette
Advanced

Thanks Dadman! Yes it will be a few months, but it will give me a chance to put some miles on the Viper :-)

Stingray Chevrolet in Plant City Florida.
Old 06-24-2013, 12:58 PM
02' vette
Advanced

Dropped the price. I really would like someone from the forum to get this car rather than trading it in to the dealer. It is just way too nice. Hopefully someone will make an offer :-)

Tom
Old 06-24-2013, 01:12 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by 02' vette
Dropped the price. I really would like someone from the forum to get this car rather than trading it in to the dealer. It is just way too nice. Hopefully someone will make an offer :-)

Tom

Wouldn't it be worth trading it in because Florida law allows you to save the sales tax on the new car on the amount they allow you for your trade in.

If the car is stock CarMax pays top dollar for low mileage vettes and I know two guys that got far more from CarMax then any of the offers they received from private parties during the months they were trying to sell their vettes.

I sold a couple of my vette converts on eBay and had great luck. One went in a week and the last one in 3 days for my asking price. The sales were easy quick payment no hassle deals and only costs around $125 if you sell the car and almost nothing if you do not get a sale.

Last edited by RJRSW; 06-24-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Dadman1950
Racer

Tom
Did I miss it - what is the new price? I may know someone who might be interested. He was one of the guys who made an offer on my car but I had already sold it.
Old 06-24-2013, 01:59 PM
02' vette
Advanced

RJRSW - yes, on trades you do get that tax break. I can still apply it if I sell the car privately though, through my business. Essentially, I just do not want the dealer to lowball me on a # for the car so they can make a profit on that side of the transaction, so I did not even offer it to them when they broached the subject. That will be a last chance scenario for me as I have until September or so to sell the car privately.

Dadman1950 - $35K OBO.
Old 07-03-2013, 09:34 PM
glheger
2nd Gear

Hello, This is my first reply to anyone here as a text reply. I called one guy this past weekend, unfortunately here traded it 2 hours before called. I am also over 40, grew up British, german and italian roadsters in the 60"s. It's now time for a serious toy. You are over my price point but... I am in NJ and could fly down and drive back I guess.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:14 AM
02' vette
Advanced

Hi glheger, you can contact me the via cell, or e-mail (that info is listed at the bottom of the ad) if you are interested and make an offer at a pricepoint you are comfortable with. The car is just sitting in the garage waiting for a new owner

Tom
Old 07-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Dadman1950
Racer

I may have someone who is interested in the car. An old friend of mine wants to buy a pristine C6 for her husbands 65th Birthday. She is not a Forum member. I saw your reduced price to 35K or BO. Before I sent her your way I wanted to find out a little more about offers you'd consider. I saw another 2006 triple black on here but it had about 30K miles. I think they wanted 31K. I think your price is fair based on your description of the car but at the same time I want her to get the best price. The good thing about this is it would be totally hassle free transaction and she'd probably want me to do the leg work. Let me know before I give her your phone number.
Old 07-07-2013, 03:44 PM
02' vette
Advanced

Hi Dadman1950, I just sent you an e-mail.

Tom
Old 08-17-2013, 12:32 PM
02' vette
Advanced

Bump. If it does not sell at this price then something is seriously wrong in the world
Old 08-17-2013, 01:45 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Bump. If it does not sell at this price then something is seriously wrong in the world
You just have to be patient when selling a manual trans convert.

For many years about 85% of vette convert buyers have ordered them as highly optioned automatics so you are dealing with a much smaller potential buyer pool with a manual trans. They sell for about the same and sometimes more than a comparable condition and equipped auto but just take longer to sell. I have owned around 20 vette converts and monitor the convert market constantly and it has been that way as long as I can remember.

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 Triple Black, Z51 6 speed convertible, 1 Owner, Totally Stock, 10,900 miles

Quick Reply: 2006 Triple Black, Z51 6 speed convertible, 1 Owner, Totally Stock, 10,900 miles