Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS:2008 Z06 Limited Edition Will Cooksey

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 06:31 PM
BRCC
Melting Slicks

Received 54 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by LPE385
Not trying to rain on anyone's parade but I've seen this car before. Its been hurt pretty bad early in life. Its still a very nice car but this explains the give away price for a 2,900 427 car.
Are you sure your not thinking of #134 which was (Taken out of service early)????
Old 05-02-2013, 06:44 PM
LPE385
Melting Slicks

Received 109 Likes on 52 Posts

No not 134, my friend bought this car at the auction and I know the Chevrolet dealer that fixed car number 135. Again nice car but the Auto Check tells the story for those that don't know the car.
Old 05-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Vette4kiwi
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is what makes this Canadian nervous. If the CMVIP (importing authority) finds previous major damage then we just imported a race only car. They have a designated inspection group that has the final say. Friend once imported a Viper that had front chassis rail damage and back it had to go. Fortunately the OP refunded his money. That drives me to look at the 2013 Arctic /Carbon Edition model new in the dealers listing in the delaers section. the one from Springfield MO. they are listing for $77K. Cant touch that up here and it is new so no strings attached.
Old 05-02-2013, 10:15 PM
14vision
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vette4kiwi
This is what makes this Canadian nervous. If the CMVIP (importing authority) finds previous major damage then we just imported a race only car. They have a designated inspection group that has the final say. Friend once imported a Viper that had front chassis rail damage and back it had to go. Fortunately the OP refunded his money. That drives me to look at the 2013 Arctic /Carbon Edition model new in the dealers listing in the delaers section. the one from Springfield MO. they are listing for $77K. Cant touch that up here and it is new so no strings attached.
I certainly understand your logic but my carfax report shows otherwise. Also Chevy sold me a 6 year bumper to bumper platinum warranty which they wouldn't have done. They went though the entire car to make sure no pre existing conditions before they sold me warranty.

Good luck with Carbon Edition as it is a fantastic car and seems to be good deal as well.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:05 AM
LPE385
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 14vision
I certainly understand your logic but my carfax report shows otherwise. Also Chevy sold me a 6 year bumper to bumper platinum warranty which they wouldn't have done. They went though the entire car to make sure no pre existing conditions before they sold me warranty.

Good luck with Carbon Edition as it is a fantastic car and seems to be good deal as well.

Again not trying to rain on your parade but I know this car. A friend of mine bought it at the auction in 2009 and I know the person that fixed the car.

I try to tell everyone when buying a car like a Corvette let alone a Z06, CarFax or any of these "ONLINE DATA BASE COMPANIES" have NO IDEA what's been done to a car. They only know what's been reported.

Further more they have no idea if someone paid out of pocket to fix something. Again Car Fax is not the bible when buying a used car. You have to know Corvette.

Spend the $30 and pull an Auto Check on the car and you will see very detailed information. If your buying a Z06 you have to have someone that KNOWS CORVETTES LIKE THE BACK OF THEIR HANDS. Its too much of a risk when buying a car this quick.

Unfortunately just because your Chevrolet dealer checked the car doesn't mean anything. Most really don't know Corvettes. I see it all the time when "non" Corvette dealers buy cars at auction and or take cars on trade and they miss stuff all the time, because they don't see enough Corvettes to really know.

Last edited by LPE385; 05-03-2013 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-03-2013, 07:46 PM
Mike Campbell
Le Mans Master

Received 1,071 Likes on 593 Posts

He's absolutely correct!
Old 05-04-2013, 11:17 AM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by LPE385
Again not trying to rain on your parade but I know this car. A friend of mine bought it at the auction in 2009 and I know the person that fixed the car.

I try to tell everyone when buying a car like a Corvette let alone a Z06, CarFax or any of these "ONLINE DATA BASE COMPANIES" have NO IDEA what's been done to a car. They only know what's been reported.

Further more they have no idea if someone paid out of pocket to fix something. Again Car Fax is not the bible when buying a used car. You have to know Corvette.

Spend the $30 and pull an Auto Check on the car and you will see very detailed information. If your buying a Z06 you have to have someone that KNOWS CORVETTES LIKE THE BACK OF THEIR HANDS. Its too much of a risk when buying a car this quick.

Unfortunately just because your Chevrolet dealer checked the car doesn't mean anything. Most really don't know Corvettes. I see it all the time when "non" Corvette dealers buy cars at auction and or take cars on trade and they miss stuff all the time, because they don't see enough Corvettes to really know.
I couldn't have said it better. I totally agree with you!!

Elaine
Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 AM
ttboost1
Burning Brakes

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Has the car been in an accident?
Old 05-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Jeffrey Ziemer
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be a shame for a buyer to spend $50K for a wrecked Z06. It pays to check all sources before purchase like this.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:56 AM
2004TTZ06
Racer

I've got 44k cash wire if your interested, that's 4 more than everyone seems to think its worth. Pm me if interested
Old 05-05-2013, 01:11 PM
14vision
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 2004TTZ06
I've got 44k cash wire if your interested, that's 4 more than everyone seems to think its worth. Pm me if interested
Your inbox is full and cant except messages.
Old 05-05-2013, 01:34 PM
14vision
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by GS Diva
I couldn't have said it better. I totally agree with you!!

Elaine
This is almost getting comical. This forum might have more corvette expertise than GM itself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Any smart individual considering buying anything would do their own due diligence to come to a buying decision they can live with. I did the same thing when I purchased the car. I looked at the reports etc, which have two different conclusions anyway, had the car looked at by chevy dealers, which don't know corvettes anyway and came to conclusion I was going to buy the car.

The car today is perfect and still only has 2900 miles on it even if it was driven over a cliff and rebuilt.

I put the car on this forum to maybe find fellow corvette owners who might like what has been done to it and maybe looking to purchase, not to be beaten down and treated like I am some scam artist trying to deceive.

If the cars sells to someone on this forum fine otherwise life goes on but it will sell to someone.
Old 05-05-2013, 05:00 PM
GS Diva
Safety Car

Received 142 Likes on 79 Posts

This is almost getting comical. This forum might have more corvette expertise than GM itself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Any smart individual considering buying anything would do their own due diligence to come to a buying decision they can live with. I did the same thing when I purchased the car. I looked at the reports etc, which have two different conclusions anyway, had the car looked at by chevy dealers, which don't know corvettes anyway and came to conclusion I was going to buy the car.

The car today is perfect and still only has 2900 miles on it even if it was driven over a cliff and rebuilt.

I put the car on this forum to maybe find fellow corvette owners who might like what has been done to it and maybe looking to purchase, not to be beaten down and treated like I am some scam artist trying to deceive.

If the cars sells to someone on this forum fine otherwise life goes on but it will sell to someone.
I was simply agreeing with the other poster about the importance of doing your research and due diligence before buying any Corvette. Like others have said, I did not mean to rain on your parade, but if you knew this car had been in an accident (and perhaps a serious one) and if that accident is listed in a CarFax, then you should have definitely mentioned that in your ad. Then it is not perceived as a deliberate omission.

I am well aware of the mystique of a Wil Cooksey and know that a low mileage, accident-free Cooksey will always maintain its value. However, to get the going rate for an unblemished Wil Cooksey, it cannot have a serious CarFax report.

I wish you the best of luck in selling it.

Elaine
Old 05-05-2013, 07:03 PM
LPE385
Melting Slicks

This is almost getting comical. There is nothing funny about listing a car and not mentioning you knew the car had been wreckedThis forum might have more corvette expertise than GM itself. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but the car is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Any smart individual considering buying anything would do their own due diligence to come to a buying decision they can live with. I did the same thing when I purchased the car. I looked at the reports etc, which have two different conclusions they are not two different conclusions, Carfax says Accident, car disabled needed to be towed , Auto Check says the same thing it just has more info about Vechicle hit a tree , "Auction Announced Frame Damage", the car has had a frame rail replaced.anyway, had the car looked at by chevy dealers, which don't know corvettes anyway and came to conclusion I was going to buy the car. Sorry but I'm pretty sure you didn't tell the Chevrolet dealer you knew the car was in an accident. Also if they knew Corvettes they would've spotted the paint work, frame damage, etc.

I put the car on this forum to maybe find fellow corvette owners who might like what has been done to it and maybe looking to purchase, not to be beaten down and treated like I am some scam artist trying to deceive.I understand but the fact that you didnt disclose when you knew looks otherwise.

Please note the bold in the quote

I hope the car finds a good home but when your not totally forthcoming you give people a false impression of the market for a 2,900 mile WC car being priced at $52,000.
Old 05-05-2013, 11:38 PM
Thunder80
Burning Brakes

Received 121 Likes on 101 Posts

If there is something wrong with the car, can anyone put that information on here for others to see. I haven't cked a vette out and searched everything. Not sure what all to look at. Especially when the vette is out of state, even close. To me buying a vette , I think asking questions is good, but goes far beyond just that. I feel some sellers are completely honest and others only tell just so much information to wet your desire, then it's up to you to find, uncover information to answer all your questions.

I do have one question, not about this very nice Vette, which I wish I had. It's about the 09 GT-1 conv., how many auto conv. are there?? thanks peace to you all
Old 05-06-2013, 06:58 AM
jashearer
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Refer to LPE385's post directly above. Should answer some of your questions.

Jay
Old 05-06-2013, 08:21 AM
keevo54
Instructor

A little honesty goes a long way and saves a lot of time. When I sold a car that had damage I disclosed it and priced it accordingly
Old 05-08-2013, 03:22 PM
1bad05C6
Advanced

So does this car have a rebuilt title then?
Old 05-08-2013, 06:15 PM
14vision
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by 1bad05C6
So does this car have a rebuilt title then?
The car does not have a rebuilt salvage title. Car wasn't totaled.

I have been putting the car back to all stock the last couple days and investigating complete history with all owners.

I will be posting another ad with new pics, complete history from all my fact finding and offering the car for sale at best reasonable offer.

Should have completed by weekend.

Thanks

Quick Reply: FS:2008 Z06 Limited Edition Will Cooksey