Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

salvage titled Black 2009 C6 Z51 M6..29k miles near Springfield Mass

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 08:46 PM
PhearCVBz
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by meinersk
I have a mercedes benz cls 55 amg i am looking to trade...2006. 72,000 miles nicest looking mb i think and faster then 400 hp vette lol...
not to open a can of worms but stock vs stock it's not?
Old 04-22-2013, 10:27 PM
meinersk
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

My is.... lol...in fact if you cant get the tires from spinning,you cant get speed..knew that would get a reaction....free bump
Old 04-22-2013, 10:38 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

if it has no issues it's 60-70% of book. auctions and insurance will tell you the same thing

clean trade is 32.7 and retail is 35.9

mid point is 34200*.60= 20520 times .70 is 23940

there's your low and high

+ whatever the mods are deemed worth

salvage cars are easy as hell to sell if priced right and obviously repaired correctly

you could probably ebay the car inbetween those numbers. this forum has always been extremely leary of any branded title cars. would be surprised if any serious interest is found here

Last edited by racebum; 04-22-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:09 PM
meinersk
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

You get a tune on This car? Any hp numbers?
Old 04-25-2013, 09:26 AM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by stanklr
I said that because it's known that a salvage car will lose value up to 30% to 50% compared to Non-Salv car.

And who the hell would bid 28,000 for a Salv title theft and damaged car when a clean title could be found for high twentees or lower 30,000

car looks clean though, GLWS.
From my experience this is true. Out of the 25 vettes I have bought one was a stolen undamaged recovery pace car convert that was found parked a couple of weeks after it was stolen and ended up with a salvage/restored title. When it came time to sell it I got about 50% of what a comparable clean title car would bring. The guy that bought it flat out told me when he picked it up that if the car had had a clean title he would have paid me twice as much as he did. It worked out ok for me because when I bought it I bought it for about 1/2 of the going rate at the time.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:42 PM
Dr Wall
Advanced

so did PhearCvBZ end up buying the car or is it still available
Old 04-27-2013, 08:45 PM
PhearCVBz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Dr Wall
so did PhearCvBZ end up buying the car or is it still available
I was told that the sellers potential house purchase fell through and he was going to be keeping the car for the time being.
Old 04-27-2013, 11:21 PM
mriley1
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

that is correct, timing is rough also. when i posted this months ago it was a convenient and easy time to sell, now work has picked up as my season has started. ill be tied up for the next 2 or 3 months traveling all over so for now, the car is no longer for sale. when i have the time to see a sale through to the end i will put it up for sale again. thanks
Old 04-28-2013, 12:38 AM
PhearCVBz
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mriley1
that is correct, timing is rough also. when i posted this months ago it was a convenient and easy time to sell, now work has picked up as my season has started. ill be tied up for the next 2 or 3 months traveling all over so for now, the car is no longer for sale. when i have the time to see a sale through to the end i will put it up for sale again. thanks
Thanks again for being up front....still willing to work with you and your schedule if you change your mind. I can be down that way at any hour of any day that would work for you if decide.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:40 AM
mriley1
Instructor

Car is sold, to anybody who might want to know this forum has shown great interest in salvage titled cars, i got many cash offers and many offers for trades. so dont be afraid to list them!
Old 05-17-2013, 01:54 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Car is sold, to anybody who might want to know this forum has shown great interest in salvage titled cars, i got many cash offers and many offers for trades. so dont be afraid to list them!
So what did you end up selling it for or did you trade for something. That would be of great help for others with salvage title vettes to know.
Old 05-17-2013, 02:09 PM
mriley1
Instructor

Originally Posted by RJRSW
So what did you end up selling it for or did you trade for something. That would be of great help for others with salvage title vettes to know.
ill let the buyer decide if he wants to tell that information
Old 05-17-2013, 09:55 PM
PhearCVBz
Intermediate

ill let the buyer decide if he wants to tell that information
I bought it and I actually paid more than he was originally asking (basically I bugged the hell out of Mike ever since the original deal fell through). Of course I would have preferred to pay less (which I think would be typical for any buyer) but I'm happy with the deal. It's a low mileage car in near mint condition, set up exactly how I wanted. Right color scheme, right transmission, right mods and within driving distance to me. Obviously I'd prefer if it had a clean title, but if it did it would be out of my price range.

There is no car under $25000 on this board, or anywhere within a 500 mile radius that I would have picked over this one.

I might take a hit if/when I ever sell the car, but that's going to be a long ways down the road and by then I'll have made up the difference in the shear enjoyment of driving a car that's exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again Mike.

Last edited by PhearCVBz; 05-17-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: typo (probably more too)
Old 05-17-2013, 10:02 PM
mriley1
Instructor

Originally Posted by PhearCVBz
I bought it and I actually paid more than he was originally asking (basically I bugged the hell out of Mike ever since the original deal fell through). Of course I would have preferred to pay less (which I think would be typical for any buyer) but I'm happy with the deal. It's a low mileage car in near mint condition, set up exactly how I wanted. Right color scheme, right transmission, right mods and within driving distance to me. Obviously I'd prefer if it had a clean title, but if it did it would be out of my price range.

There is no car under $25000 on this board, or anywhere within a 500 mile radius that I would have picked over this one.

I might take a hit if/when I ever sell the car, but that's going to be a long ways down the road and by then I'll have made up the difference in the shear enjoyment of driving a car that's exactly what I wanted.

Thanks again Mike.
No problem josh it was great meeting you and im glad everything worked out. I hope the guys at work are jealous when you show up in the new ride. Any questions or anything feel free to call me anytime

Quick Reply: salvage titled Black 2009 C6 Z51 M6..29k miles near Springfield Mass