Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Wtb 2006+ c6 $22,000 or below

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 02:01 AM
vik2606
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by seong
I enjoyed reading this thread. It was good source of information to know where sellers and buyers are at, and what the "good deal" would be.

Per the seller of this silver car (in NJ), I was the 2nd guy on the list. The 1st potential buyer was hesitating for a week, but the seller wanted to honor his words to the first guy contacted him. (which I respect) I've exchanged emails/text/phone calls several times with the seller, and he said he would get back to me if the deal doesn't go through. I didn't hear back from him since 3/16, so I believe he sold it.

I'm purchasing a '06 coupe this Wednesday. Again, I found this car on this forum. I think I found a 'fair' deal.
I'll post up the detail on this thread as a reference for everyone, once I pick up the car.

Good luck with Selling / Buying, and Enjoy 'Vette'ing.
That guy is a big ********ter, I talked to him on the phone couple times. He wanted his asking price of 26k which I agreed to. I told him I be there this weekend and he kept blowing me off for three weeks straight, talking about how he is working busy and crap. Anyways I just saw the car on autotrader listed for 29k, if he wanted that kind of money then he should've said that, not 26k and mess with people.
Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Its funny how everyone here is an expert on price.Manheim which is for dealers only even gets tossed in and the prices revealed.Hahahahaha.And three months to buy a vette?Once you know the value and your budget as soon as you find a match its done.Why three months?Anyway good luck i m just sitting here having a laugh at all of this.To the op ,take this advice:Locate a car that you like then make an offer on it.Its that simple .Eventually someone will say yes to a reasonable offer.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:47 PM
CAPTRKO
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Just worked a deal for my sister and nephew on their first Corvette.

2007 LT3, Coupe, red, MN6, loaded.....48K miles.

I was shocked when I looked on here how much guys were "asking" and wouldn't budge from the high 20's to the low 30's. Ended up looking on Auto Trader and worked a fair deal in the VERY LOW 20's.

My sister was looking for a Camaro and I talked her out of that since I believe the Corvette is MUCH MORE BANG for buck. Heck we struck this deal cheaper than 95% of the Camaro's she was looking at.

The reason I post this is I have had 3 C6 Corvettes. I sold my loaded 2005 Lemans Blue coupe for 25K in 2009! My 2007 was 26.5K in 2011....sold my 2009 Black Coupe for 29.5 in 2012. They were all mint and very well pampered. I want to get another one soon, as I sold the 2009 when I got assigned to Panama for a year and didn't want my Vette sitting in the garage collecting dust.

I was looking on here a few months ago and put some feelers out. I stopped looking when I found a 2006 priced at 31K firm! The Market is not 31K for a 2006 Coupe. I know a lot of guys have upside down loans.....but I can get a Brand new one for 35K!

I think once the C7 is released out for sale you will see some C6 deals!

If anyone as a 2008-2013 Coupe- that wants to deal I am a cash buyer--Houston area!

Last edited by CAPTRKO; 04-24-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 03:14 PM
meltn02
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

It really is almost irreverent if you have sold cars in the past for below their market value. That would be like selling a 2005 or any model for that matter for $10K and bashing people asking $25K.

If you sold those cars for those prices and were happy with what you got then both you and the buyer got a great deal, but in the end you most certainly could have asked for more depending on mileage.

On the flip side there are some people who ask outrageous prices they will most likely never get. Those are the ones posted forever that everyone sees day in and day out.

The great deals are definitely out there but most people don't ever even see them because they sell almost instantly.

Not trying to flame you at all, just pointing out why you see so many high priced cars for sale.

Last edited by meltn02; 04-24-2013 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 05:17 PM
CAPTRKO
Pro

Received 35 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by meltn02
It really is almost irreverent if you have sold cars in the past for below their market value. That would be like selling a 2005 or any model for that matter for $10K and bashing people asking $25K.

If you sold those cars for those prices and were happy with what you got then both you and the buyer got a great deal, but in the end you most certainly could have asked for more depending on mileage.

On the flip side there are some people who ask outrageous prices they will most likely never get. Those are the ones posted forever that everyone sees day in and day out.

The great deals are definitely out there but most people don't ever even see them because they sell almost instantly.

Not trying to flame you at all, just pointing out why you see so many high priced cars for sale.
I don't think you are not bashing me.....I knew when I wanted to sell my previous cars I priced them fairly and had them sold in less than a week. I do notice a lot of people have no idea how to sell a car, boat, or an airplane. Sticking a high number then "coming down a few grand" is not going to move your vehicle.

Case in point--right down the street from my sister is the EXACT same car, with the same miles. Seller wanted 10K more for his car (it was over the 30K mark) I told him to look up other cars and see what the selling price is and check ebay etc...give us a fair deal. He didn't budge of of his $33,500. We bought a car 120 miles away. I'll bet in two months he reduces his price.....again it is his right to ask what he wants but a little research on the market would help get his car sold.

Overall and bottom line it is a free country and there is nothing wrong with asking a lot of money--just don't be surprised you missed out on a large % of buyers. It is a cash buyers market.

Quick Reply: Wtb 2006+ c6 $22,000 or below