Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x2)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2013, 08:48 PM
quicked
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im the original owner of a blade silver low miles ZO6,dropped a valve,engine out and am waiting on original ls7 block to return from machine shop resleave,can reassemble engine to your order,as i have all original parts,also have all performance C\H package,im the owner of an auto repair shop in south florida,,$40000let me know if interested
Old 01-20-2013, 05:06 PM
BAREFOOT JOE
Instructor

I think its great to have a discussion on price. I also think arriving at a fair price is a very useful thread for buyers and sellers. I also don't have a problem with an forum member making an offer to purchse a vehicle with criteria xy an z for $xx,xxx.

What I have a problem with in this thread is the use of the words realistic, fair and only using the data source for price from auctions. To my understanding auctions are representitive of the lowest prices paid and have discounts factored into the price repersenting unknown defects of the vehicle. Vehicles on this site our being sold by the owner who all appear to be willing to allow the prospective buyer to check their vehicles out.

IMO a fair price, a realistic price is one that is realistic and fair to both the buyer and seller. Perhaps find out what car max will pay for it, and then find out what car max will sell it for, meet in the middle.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:53 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

i don't know why we don't have a sticky price thread in each forum.gives people a place to chat about it, post ebay closes and discuss value.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Originally Posted by BAREFOOT JOE

I think its great to have a discussion on price. I also think arriving at a fair price is a very useful thread for buyers and sellers. I also don't have a problem with an forum member making an offer to purchse a vehicle with criteria xy an z for $xx,xxx.

What I have a problem with in this thread is the use of the words realistic, fair and only using the data source for price from auctions. To my understanding auctions are representitive of the lowest prices paid and have discounts factored into the price repersenting unknown defects of the vehicle. Vehicles on this site our being sold by the owner who all appear to be willing to allow the prospective buyer to check their vehicles out.

IMO a fair price, a realistic price is one that is realistic and fair to both the buyer and seller. Perhaps find out what car max will pay for it, and then find out what car max will sell it for, meet in the middle.
I agree with you. I do however think you are assuming I feel auction price should be retail, or private sale. Posting auction prices is all I did. It's up to you to decide how far private sale should fall from those prices. Amongst friendly discussion we might be able to agree somewhere. Although I discount many opinions of current owners on this forum. Everyone thinks their car should be worth more until they don't have it anymore lol. Funny how that works.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:33 PM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Originally Posted by racebum
i don't know why we don't have a sticky price thread in each forum.gives people a place to chat about it, post ebay closes and discuss value.
I like this idea. Most owners will not. They fear threads like this someone devalue their car (or bring out the true value). The mods must think this too because they keep looking for petty reasons to close my threads (like someone else cussing at me, without any retaliation from my side???) lol
Old 01-20-2013, 09:57 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Drgordon - I think the mods are touchy because the participants here will sometimes carry their remarks over into other for-sale threads, causing disruptions.

Also, much of the discussion would be most appropriate in the Z06 subforum - so I can see them being wary of the ultimate purpose here and closing it down just to keep you (and us) honest...

Any current leads?
Old 01-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Originally Posted by Random84
Drgordon - I think the mods are touchy because the participants here will sometimes carry their remarks over into other for-sale threads, causing disruptions.

Also, much of the discussion would be most appropriate in the Z06 subforum - so I can see them being wary of the ultimate purpose here and closing it down just to keep you (and us) honest...

Any current leads?
I saw a car Friday I was considering. However the seller didn't want to come down 1000 off his asking. Even though his tires had about 30% tread left. Didn't even counter. So I walked.

Last edited by Dr Gordon; 01-20-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:12 PM
Gaspassing
Heel & Toe

You know Doc. I'm starting to think that maybe a new z06 for 64-68k from 2 vendors in this
Sub forum isn't a bad way to go when members are selling beautiful, low mileage, no or low warranty 5 year old cars for low to mid 50s stock.
Old 01-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Property1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dr Gordon
I like this idea. Most owners will not. They fear threads like this someone devalue their car (or bring out the true value). The mods must think this too because they keep looking for petty reasons to close my threads (like someone else cussing at me, without any retaliation from my side???) lol
I made a post in your last realistic price thread trying to discuss the values of C6Z's, and a mod deleted it and said it wasn't on topic. He said the only thing I can write about in your threads is something that helps you to locate a car (i.e. a link to one for sale).

I get the feeling the mods are current C6Z owners that don't want to read people discuss how they are dropping in value..
Old 01-21-2013, 03:56 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by Gaspassing
You know Doc. I'm starting to think that maybe a new z06 for 64-68k from 2 vendors in this
Sub forum isn't a bad way to go when members are selling beautiful, low mileage, no or low warranty 5 year old cars for low to mid 50s stock.
other thought is zr1's i was really surprised by how much they have came down in the past year. locally a 10k mile 2009 zr1 is posted at a dealer with an ask of 66 and it's not known to be a low price dealer.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Gaspassing
Heel & Toe

other thought is zr1's i was really surprised by how much they have came down in the past year. locally a 10k mile 2009 zr1 is posted at a dealer with an ask of 66 and it's not known to be a low price dealer.
Can you send me the link to that listing? Thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:04 PM
Gaspassing
Heel & Toe

Research shows invoice was 96,600 on a new ZR1 in 09
Old 01-21-2013, 04:11 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

Link? Do want. lol

2007 Red 60k asking $37995

2009 with 38k on the clock for ~$46k

Looks like the prices are starting to trickle down.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:18 PM
racebum
Race Director

this dealer is a couple miles from my house, very clean car that's always kept inside, i see it everytime i drive by

http://www.carrchevrolet.com/used/Ch...0b14a0527a.htm

posted at 66 obo. who knows what kind of offers they are open to
Old 01-21-2013, 04:38 PM
Turbo2L
Drifting

Received 110 Likes on 92 Posts

this dealer is a couple miles from my house, very clean car that's always kept inside, i see it everytime i drive by

Bleh, good price but I can't do yellow.
Old 01-21-2013, 04:43 PM
Gaspassing
Heel & Toe

:

Gonna have to look at the carfax on that one
Old 01-21-2013, 04:44 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by Gaspassing
:

Gonna have to look at the carfax on that one
it's clean. some guy in the zr1 section claims it was an accident repaint but there are no accidents reported. hard to know if he's serious, mistaken or pissed that the prices are coming down

also that's not a shady dealer. i would imagine they would give you the history if you call and chat with them

Get notified of new replies

To WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x2)

Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Run the VIN through a GM service dept. I recall that car (and the repaint accusation).

Still a great deal if you can live with yellow.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:06 PM
racebum
Race Director

ah that would make sense. i wonder why the car was never turned into insurance unless it was just a lot scuff and they fixed it themselves or something of the sort

yellow is such a fashion color. was really hot 10 years ago. now it's the lowest bid color on all c6s
Old 01-21-2013, 05:11 PM
Gaspassing
Heel & Toe

Yellow not my favorite....what a car

Quick Reply: WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x2)