Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x2)

Old 02-21-2013, 08:40 AM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stiman
Doctors must not make what they do everywhere else in TX if "dr" gordon is penny pushing this bad. 9 years on this board and still looking for a vette.
Yeah, but the flip-side is that rich people typically don't become rich by being cavalier with their money (nor do they tend to spend it on depreciating assets... like new cars).

I've met a few highly successful multi-millionaires in my day, and to a "T" they were all tightwads; some to the point of buying their clothes at walmart. Not saying everyone is like that, but it seems to be a trend.
Old 02-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

The quickest way to lose your fortune is through foolish purchases. Paying $50k for a car worth 35-40k would be foolish no matter how much money you make or have saved. Like the saying goes, a fool and his money is soon parted. People are waiting to buy for a reason, and it's not because they are broke.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:23 AM
The_Raging_Bull
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 02
The quickest way to lose your fortune is through foolish purchases. Paying $50k for a car worth 35-40k would be foolish no matter how much money you make or have saved. Like the saying goes, a fool and his money is soon parted. People are waiting to buy for a reason, and it's not because they are broke.
That means you think an '09 C6 Z06 3LZ with 750 miles is foolish purchase worth $35K-$40K only??
Well... good luck finding one in that condition that cheap.

Fact is talk is cheap I looked for months before pulling the trigger; again if a good car is worth it to you; buy; otherwise post here and whine... Maybe prices will dip that low when the C7 Z06 or ZR1 variants show up; but then again I'm not clairvoyant....I doubt prices for such low milage cars will go that low.

Last edited by The_Raging_Bull; 02-21-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:47 AM
Stiman
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive never paid full asking price for any car I have ever bought. That said, I dont expect to buy a 08 z06 w 5k miles for 35k. Wish they were out there, but with carmax and other willing dealers ready to pounce, its about a 1 in a million shot. One can always dream and talking prices like talking what your home is worth is a waste imo.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:51 AM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by The_Raging_Bull
That means you think an '09 C6 Z06 3LZ with 750 miles is foolish purchase worth $35K-$40K only??
Well... good luck finding one in that condition that cheap.

Fact is talk is cheap I looked for months before pulling the trigger; again if a good car is worth it to you; buy; otherwise post here and whine... Maybe prices will dip that low when the C7 Z06 or ZR1 variants show up; but then again I'm not clairvoyant....I doubt prices for such low milage cars will go that low.
You are putting words into my mouth. Where did I ever say that an 09 is worth that? There are tons of 08s posted for $50k, not just here either. Do they sell? No idea but the ads are reposted every week so I can only assume they sit unsold. Many 06-07 cars are in the $40-$46k range as well, simply too much.

I personally ended my C6 search this week. Decided to keep my C5Z and buy a M3 to go along with it. The C6Z is an extremely good car, just not $30k MORE car than my cammed C5Z. Maybe if I didn't already own a C5Z I'd think differently.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:54 PM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doctors must not make what they do everywhere else in TX if "dr" gordon is penny pushing this bad. 9 years on this board and still looking for a vette.
Stdman, you make me laugh! I thought you were gonna stay away from this thread?
Old 02-21-2013, 09:31 PM
The_Raging_Bull
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Black 02
You are putting words into my mouth. Where did I ever say that an 09 is worth that? There are tons of 08s posted for $50k, not just here either. Do they sell? No idea but the ads are reposted every week so I can only assume they sit unsold. Many 06-07 cars are in the $40-$46k range as well, simply too much.

I personally ended my C6 search this week. Decided to keep my C5Z and buy a M3 to go along with it. The C6Z is an extremely good car, just not $30k MORE car than my cammed C5Z. Maybe if I didn't already own a C5Z I'd think differently.
OK I agree, sorry if I took that wrong.

If I had a C5Z, I'm pretty sure I'd think that a $30K (to C6Z) or $70K to $80K+ (to C7Z) were probably a bad investment of my money. I agree the C5Z is stout. I dont just change cars like underwear; just like I did't purchase mine on an impulse.My point is an exceptional car is perhaps worth top $$$ if you're buying into a C6Z. Given that a new Z costs $85K to $100K; in my case a 750 mile car was worth $52K, or >$30K less than when new.

For my money it'd be time to build a great engine instead;along with a twin disk clutch and the suspension work.

Last edited by The_Raging_Bull; 02-21-2013 at 09:43 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 AM
SgtRod
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Look at this shet guys..SOLD...$36,500 for a supercharged Z with coilivers

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...rged-more.html

It sold for $36k although it was worth 1 mmiiiiillioooon dollars!! (Dr Evil)
Old 02-22-2013, 12:32 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtRod
Look at this shet guys..SOLD...$36,500 for a supercharged Z with coilivers

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...rged-more.html

It sold for $36k although it was worth 1 mmiiiiillioooon dollars!! (Dr Evil)
Guess that's why it sold ($36K). Surprised it took 2 months, really.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:00 PM
qwik150
Instructor

Originally Posted by Random84
Guess that's why it sold ($36K). Surprised it took 2 months, really.
Maybe the color was not as sought after
Old 02-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Stiman
Instructor

Originally Posted by qwik150
It was a 6 (now 7) owner car. Think that was the issue most buyers were having. Thats a new owner every year of its life.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:34 PM
qwik150
Instructor

It was a 6 (now 7) owner car. Think that was the issue most buyers were having. Thats a new owner every year of its life.
(7 owners) If it were a woman and she was married 7 times you would stay away from it..regardless of how she looked....Um Ok bad analogy but you get the point!

But Yellow also I am sure was a factor for some as well!

Last edited by qwik150; 02-22-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:02 PM
SgtRod
Drifting

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

What I beleive is that these cars are sought after by lots if people. Most fall under these categories.

1. Over extend themselves financialy just to have it then need to move on.
2. Some sell because they are afraid the value will plumet and they will miss the pivital moment to bail.
3. Some people change cars often.

Everyone that has or had one enjoys it or misses it.. But money is an issue for some people...cars are a bad investment with sudden drops in value after some key points

a. At or after certain mileage
b. improvements that happen (ls2 to Ls3 for example)
c. after the model is changed (c6 to C7)

Some can afford to buy and keep...most just want the experience.. Som like me have to let it go because they become obsessed with making it faster and blow too much money.

Last edited by SgtRod; 02-22-2013 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:39 PM
mulalleybs
Burning Brakes

I wouldn't mind yellow to be honest. I'd buy any color c6z price dependent, except for black. I love black cars, but they are just way too much upkeep for me.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Roddy1
Instructor

Originally Posted by qwik150
Heck that's the color I'm looking for.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:27 PM
skip89
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default someone above

said a new Zo6 is $85,000, in fact a new one is $75,400. That for no options, and we all know no one pays sticker. Now, I know dealers have always tried to option them up.
Most people say what their sticker price was as the reason they are asking what they are asking. The last C6Z I bought new was $13,000 off the sticker. Right off showroom floor. Thats why I am a little surprised at 2009 Z cars in the $55,000 range at dealers. Most are sitting for a long time. It is not getting better for dealers who have too much in these cars.
But shhh, they really don't want to pass it on. But lets all be optimistic and see in six months OK?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:35 PM
kpride
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

lol best comment so far.... I gave him a thoughtful advise and all i got was a rather rude reply. He knows the realistic price by now, with all these people telling him prices in the similar ball park. I dont think he will ever buy one, and if he buy one having paid what the market value is (only way to get one), we will never know it. I dont know what the deal is with the guy but seems like the type that will not admit that you have to pay certain amount to get certain things.

There was a guy in my neighborhood who was going to sell a 08 z06 with 20k miles on it for 31k. it was salvage title. that's probably only way for this doctor dude to get a z06 in his price range. otherwise HE WILL NEVER FIND ONE....

Get notified of new replies

To WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x2)

Old 02-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Originally Posted by The_Raging_Bull
Well not all Drs. are medical doctors if you get my drift. And not all PhD's are created equal...depends on the field.
For someone not buying a c6, you sure spend a lot of time on a c6 for sale forum talking nonsense and pointing fingers.

What is it you do for you profession again?
Old 02-23-2013, 10:33 AM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Originally Posted by Random84
Yeah, but the flip-side is that rich people typically don't become rich by being cavalier with their money (nor do they tend to spend it on depreciating assets... like new cars).

I've met a few highly successful multi-millionaires in my day, and to a "T" they were all tightwads; some to the point of buying their clothes at walmart. Not saying everyone is like that, but it seems to be a trend.
Spot on. Not just about me, but every self made man out there. However most of us could care less what other 50k/year children think. We picture them living paycheck to paycheck, then whining when they have to sell, or picking on those that call a spade a spade, or a depreciating asset for what it is. I stopped by a garage sale yesterday morning. Didn't buy anything, but got excited about maybe finding something of a good deal. Then I went back to my 10 bedroom house for a nap

I like egging people on though... Lets see what they got to say about this post

Last edited by Dr Gordon; 02-23-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 02-23-2013, 11:38 AM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I agree that the majority of self-made people watch their pennies. They didn't accumulate wealth by blindly throwing their money around.

The mantra to long term financial success is: live below your means and invest the difference. Get that "extra" money working for you and giving you additional income and wealth accumulation through the long-term compounding of its returns.

However, you can't take it with you! Therefore, while I am conservative, even frugal, in most of my spending habits, I grant myself an indulgence when it comes to the toys (cars). I do reasearch and shop wisely. I don't rush into something unless my prior work tells me it's a good deal and I need to close it fast. I could have paid cash for my ZR1 or my ZO6, but I got a loan for a portion of them... because the interest rate was below what my investments would likely return.

But when I saw good deals, I struck, and I struck swiftly.

Life it way too short to agonize for months and months over saving an extra $1K on buying a Corvette... because you just wasted all those months by not owning, driving, and enjoying it. Huge opportunity cost IMO. "Penny wise... but Pound foolish" as the British like to say.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WTB c6 Z06 realistic price (continued, x2)