Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

wtb c6 z51

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 AM
69camaro...
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum
could be, depends on how flexible they are.

the car i was talking about is here

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/3545277786.html

it's a great deal, i just really don't want to spend this much on a daily driver i'm going to run in the rain and mud.

i'm looking for a nice 60k mile, few chips and scuffs but overall decent 06-07 car around 20k. once c7 orders start happening in september there should be a LOT of supply.
Thats what im looking for around here! Id prefer newer with less options for the Ls3, then a 06 fully loaded. Newer is just newer. I flew out to CA to buy my truck, i dont have time to do it again
Old 01-18-2013, 01:06 AM
69camaro...
Intermediate

anything??? Hoping for a florida car real soon, if not im about to buy a loaded 5.0!
Old 01-18-2013, 01:09 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

print out that ad from san francisco and hit your local dealers and make a like offer on a like car. say look man, here's what i can get one for in cali and where prices really are. if you want a sale here's what i'm offering.

should have tons of dealers down there to make written offers to

just ignore ask prices and shoot market rate offers. you should have a car the same day
Old 01-18-2013, 01:19 AM
69camaro...
Intermediate

print out that ad from san francisco and hit your local dealers and make a like offer on a like car. say look man, here's what i can get one for in cali and where prices really are. if you want a sale here's what i'm offering.

should have tons of dealers down there to make written offers to

just ignore ask prices and shoot market rate offers. you should have a car the same day
i really am trying to stray away from dealers, but if i need too, you do present a reasonable idea. The one problem is finding a car similar, Ive been on autotrader, craigslist, local forums, and here looking for cars within 5 hours of me and there isn't a thing. When people see what their car is worth on KBB for example, they automatically think they can sell it for that. Thats how 90% of people think. It just doesn't work that way realistically. And true die hard vette owners wont give their car away unless their hurting to move the car. And as we know, vettes hold their value
Old 01-18-2013, 03:17 AM
racebum
Race Director

for the past few months i've found a LOT more dealers willing to play ball with let's make a deal than i have private party sellers. i'm just waiting for a couple things to happen with my business before i buy. money is set aside just don't want to spend it yet. that said a couple dealers i've spoken with have expressed a lot of flexibility if i can show them why i'm offering what i am.

what i took that to mean is if i find a dealer with a car that has a high carfax score, similar miles and the same year they will sell it for the same or a similar amount.

i walked into this thinking i would get a better deal private party and i have to tell you, i've done a 180 on that notion. every once in a blue moon someone will pop up and offer a c5 or c6 at prices they move quickly at {like below trade in on the 6 or edmunds on a 5} but it's not common and they normally sell in a week or two.

i think i've seen one guy offer a similar deal to that 08 i posted above. everyone on here was like wow that's a give away etc.

i don't know about you but i just don't see good odds private. lot of folks think they will get good or very good private kbb prices and for some reason aren't noticing that dealers, such as i posted above are selling at fair to good trade in and that car was a mint own owner perfect score car.

i think you're absolutely right about the 90% of people thinking that. i've just grown tired of talking to them. when i pick one up in a couple months i'll scroll the west coast dealers and throw out my feelers. market supply should increase this summer as well as people trade in for the c7 and supply is what we really need. prices take care of themselves with buyers and sellers.

Last edited by racebum; 01-18-2013 at 03:22 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 AM
69camaro...
Intermediate

for the past few months i've found a LOT more dealers willing to play ball with let's make a deal than i have private party sellers. i'm just waiting for a couple things to happen with my business before i buy. money is set aside just don't want to spend it yet. that said a couple dealers i've spoken with have expressed a lot of flexibility if i can show them why i'm offering what i am.

what i took that to mean is if i find a dealer with a car that has a high carfax score, similar miles and the same year they will sell it for the same or a similar amount.

i walked into this thinking i would get a better deal private party and i have to tell you, i've done a 180 on that notion. every once in a blue moon someone will pop up and offer a c5 or c6 at prices they move quickly at {like below trade in on the 6 or edmunds on a 5} but it's not common and they normally sell in a week or two.

i think i've seen one guy offer a similar deal to that 08 i posted above. everyone on here was like wow that's a give away etc.

i don't know about you but i just don't see good odds private. lot of folks think they will get good or very good private kbb prices and for some reason aren't noticing that dealers, such as i posted above are selling at fair to good trade in and that car was a mint own owner perfect score car.

i think you're absolutely right about the 90% of people thinking that. i've just grown tired of talking to them. when i pick one up in a couple months i'll scroll the west coast dealers and throw out my feelers. market supply should increase this summer as well as people trade in for the c7 and supply is what we really need. prices take care of themselves with buyers and sellers.

Its just a waiting game
Old 01-18-2013, 10:34 AM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

I'm close.
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...inted-top.html
Old 01-18-2013, 12:57 PM
69camaro...
Intermediate

Originally Posted by LTC Z06
Its 05, prefer 07. I love your brakes!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 04:15 PM
edcologne
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

could be, depends on how flexible they are.

the car i was talking about is here

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/ctd/3545277786.html

it's a great deal, i just really don't want to spend this much on a daily driver i'm going to run in the rain and mud.

i'm looking for a nice 60k mile, few chips and scuffs but overall decent 06-07 car around 20k. once c7 orders start happening in september there should be a LOT of supply.

don't mean to highjack this thread but just fyi, i'm looking for a c6, i looked at this one as it is local to me.
looked ok overall, but no z51, no f55, no hud/memory (i went there before they had the pics up on autotrader), but what really turned me off was the amount of stone chips at the front bumper area.
maybe thats normal at some point/milage???
Old 01-18-2013, 05:59 PM
racebum
Race Director

i found you two deals both no reserve auctions. both in florida.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...#ht_500wt_1182

looks like a 1sb 2005 car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/C6-LS...orcev4exp=true

and a 3lt 2007 car

Last edited by racebum; 01-19-2013 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:01 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by edcologne
don't mean to highjack this thread but just fyi, i'm looking for a c6, i looked at this one as it is local to me.
looked ok overall, but no z51, no f55, no hud/memory (i went there before they had the pics up on autotrader), but what really turned me off was the amount of stone chips at the front bumper area.
maybe thats normal at some point/milage???
only takes one trip behind the wrong truck and or being driven in winter.

often times the very best deals aren't the cars we would rate as 10s

just depends on what you're after. that car with 3lt and clean paint would probably have another 2k on the price.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:48 PM
Bludog
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

69Camaro

Not sure if you are just looking for a low priced car you consider a deal or a Z51 you are going to keep for the rest of your life. I have a Z51, equipped they way you are looking for that I planned on keeping the rest of my life, but due to life circumstances, I may have to sell. I personally have done all of the modifications myself and every nut and bolt on this vehicle has been torqued to spec by my own 2 hands.

I don't want to get into a long drawn out posting where everyone debates a price and has their opinion of what a lovingly meticulously maintained vehicle is worth. I can't even put a price on what this car is worth to me, but unfortunately may have to sell it. If you are serious about wanting a car that you can keep for the rest of your life, send me a PM and we can discuss further. I haven't been on the forum in a while and if I am violating any rules of selling a car here, i will remove this post immediately. It pains me just to be considering selling this car and am getting chocked up just typing this out.

Thanks and good luck to you in whatever you are looking for.
Old 01-19-2013, 07:17 PM
69camaro...
Intermediate

i found you two deals both no reserve auctions. both in florida.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-...#ht_500wt_1182

looks like a 1sb 2005 car

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/C6-LS...orcev4exp=true

and a 3lt 2007 car

high mileage for my liking! id have the risk of pulling the motor and rebuilding it. Then im in trouble because id end up building the complete motor and blowing too much money

Ill think about it bludog. I might actually hold out untill i find a deal on a Z06. And i know for Sure, their will be tons in April...
Old 01-19-2013, 09:24 PM
Saab-Daniel
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drove an automatic today...
I need a manual gearbox for sure, if I do end up in a corvette, sigh... Decisions decisions!
/Daniel
Old 01-19-2013, 09:39 PM
CDNZR
Drifting

Received 400 Likes on 250 Posts

you can never be too sure but the last new release i watched was the nissan Z car. the 370 was out 2 years before 350 prices hit bottom.

my best guess is that it will be around one year from today before the really hot deals start coming to market in quantity. that said i would still expect this summer to be a good c6 buyer market. yesterday marked the end of the c6 being the current model which with any car is a value softener

i just looked at kbb trade in on a 65k mile 2006 car and it's showing 20k in good condition.

nice cars never really go off a cliff, they just trickle down 1000-2000 dollars per year until they bottom out. the early c5s appear to be doing that in the 7-9k range. i think it's unlikely for clean ones to go much lower
Those that sits on their Z and wait for a sucker to come along to take it off their hands will have a rude awakening...
Old 01-19-2013, 10:47 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by CDNZR
Those that sits on their Z and wait for a sucker to come along to take it off their hands will have a rude awakening...
already have seen it with c5's. i see the same overpriced cars come on craigslist and go off, then come back. owners never sell them and for some reason are too thick headed to realize what the problem is. they just keep telling themselves that someday the "right guy" will come along who wants their car.

some of them are just out there too like a 2002 z06 with 60-70k miles for 24k . not even close to the world of where the cars are changing hands at the moment. dealers may list the same car at 17.5 ask and they still don't get the hint. got me, i can't relate to how they are wired. i know when i'm selling cars if it doesn't sell in 2 weeks i lower the price a bit each week till it does

Last edited by racebum; 01-19-2013 at 10:49 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 12:10 PM
Silver05GTO
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

already have seen it with c5's. i see the same overpriced cars come on craigslist and go off, then come back. owners never sell them and for some reason are too thick headed to realize what the problem is. they just keep telling themselves that someday the "right guy" will come along who wants their car.

some of them are just out there too like a 2002 z06 with 60-70k miles for 24k . not even close to the world of where the cars are changing hands at the moment. dealers may list the same car at 17.5 ask and they still don't get the hint. got me, i can't relate to how they are wired. i know when i'm selling cars if it doesn't sell in 2 weeks i lower the price a bit each week till it does

The C5 market is nuts......people truely believe their cars are special and think due to the C5 body style it will always hold a premium price. They can keep'em.

I sold my 40k mile 2006 Z06 last year at this time for 37k......I tried at 42,000 and no buyers, kept lowering the price every few weeks until I kept getting offers of 37k......I "got the hint" about what the market was and wanted to move it.

Currently on the lookout for a 2008+ C6 coupe.....really missed the targa top and want one again for this summer. People are asking high prices around here IMO......most are in the 33-35k range for 1LT, really hoping they drop into the mid-upper 20's with more consistency.....heck you can find new 2013's for upper 30's-lower 40's from the new car dealers. Makes it not worth buying used if you have to shell out mid 30's for a 5 year old previous generation C6.

Last edited by Silver05GTO; 01-20-2013 at 12:13 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To wtb c6 z51

Old 01-20-2013, 05:55 PM
racebum
Race Director

if you fly to san fran there's a red/black 2008 coupe with 30k and an ask of 27k at a dealer. i would expect deals like this to get a lot more common over the next 6 months
Old 01-20-2013, 06:41 PM
weez58
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you fly to san fran there's a red/black 2008 coupe with 30k and an ask of 27k at a dealer. i would expect deals like this to get a lot more common over the next 6 months
I'm in the market and this one is close by, but I can't do red.....
Old 01-20-2013, 08:15 PM
69camaro...
Intermediate

06 Z06 for 31,900$ just posted. Finally someone who prices their corvette accordingly. I know for sure that car will be gone in a week, no point in trying to go fly and get it. There will be more deals like this veryyy soon

Quick Reply: wtb c6 z51