Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB C6 Z06 for realistic price

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 12:28 AM
wolf8218
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yellow and Black, Blue and Black, Red and Black, Silver and Black

as long as there's black

Just not black and black...

Oh and I sent you a PM
Old 12-24-2012, 12:31 AM
Qmax03
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tend to agree with Dr. Gordon on this one... Me and a few of my buddies were talking about this and turns out we would ALL rather have anything but yellow..=(
Old 12-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Qmax03
Advanced

Black to me is the BEST color on the C6Z
Old 12-24-2012, 12:50 AM
9c1ny
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

I had a VR 06 Z06 and got very vert few compliments on the car (I don't care about compliments for the record) , when I sold it and picked up the yellow I was shocked by how many comments I get with it, I figured red is hands down the fan favorite, wrong!
Everywhere I take the yellow Z I get a "Nice car!", have even had a few ppl take pics w their cell phones in traffic, very surprised that the red car got little to no love
Old 12-24-2012, 01:49 AM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by 9c1ny
I had a VR 06 Z06 and got very vert few compliments on the car (I don't care about compliments for the record) , when I sold it and picked up the yellow I was shocked by how many comments I get with it, I figured red is hands down the fan favorite, wrong!
Everywhere I take the yellow Z I get a "Nice car!", have even had a few ppl take pics w their cell phones in traffic, very surprised that the red car got little to no love
i have never understood this. the c5z was even more so, the yellow ones got a LOT more attention than any other color

what surprises me about the c6z is that it seems to be the hardest color to sell, even on the coupe really, yet it gets so much attention

just seems weird to me
Old 12-24-2012, 02:12 AM
9c1ny
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum
i have never understood this. the c5z was even more so, the yellow ones got a LOT more attention than any other color

what surprises me about the c6z is that it seems to be the hardest color to sell, even on the coupe really, yet it gets so much attention

just seems weird to me
I wouldn't believe it unless I had seen it with my own two eyes

I had a yellow 5th gen Camaro , same thing, people drawn to it like a magnet, bugs seem to love yellow too btw lol
Old 12-24-2012, 03:34 AM
MurderZ
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Qmax03
yup
Old 12-24-2012, 06:43 AM
radstom
Pro

Now that this thread has totally gone over the fiscal cliff I'd like to ask a question about yellow. I like the C5 yellow better than the Velocity Yellow on the C6. Is my mind playing tricks or is there a real difference? I could probably use Search but this thread has become a favorite watering hole.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:53 AM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't feel the situation is as dire as some folks think it is, but I agree, some of the asking prices are unrealistic (theres an 06 w/ 30k~ miles going for $46 here, which is bonkers) but some of these 'wanted' prices are from dreamers. FWIW, I have no plans on selling my car, I think its a keeper, so while resale is nice to have, I'm a little indifferent towards current market prices.

There has been a noticeable drop in the past few months but my guess is we're seeing a combination of an unusually high number of folks offloading their cars causing excess supply and the winter price slump. After that, prices stabilize as we head into spring.

I think most C6Z owners who are interested in a C7 have been trying to off load since late summer, hoping to get maximum return on their cars. Potential buyers are waiting for the C7, so there is reluctance to purchase. This excess supply and hesitant buyers are causing a dip. As the C7 news finally settles, people make their decision to keep/buy a C6Z, then supply and prices will stabilize.

Seasonal price drop makes sense, pretty standard for a car like this.

Long term, I just don't see anything that would drop car significantly. Natural depreciation sure, but no catalysts like we're seeing with the ramp up to the C7. Normally its the newer years that push down the older ones, but production volumes have been quite low for several years in a row, so I don't think we'll see an aggressive drop. The C7 starting at $55k+ won't do it either. Lastly, I think the performance level of the car can't be touched at the $40k~ range, yet alone at 30-35k like some folks here want. This doesn't go unnoticed and will keep values at a decent level. I think the 'bang for the buck' factor is why they've been stuck at 40k for the past few years and is further reinforced as prices drop. You'll need to spend quite a bit more to get something competitive.

C5Zs are perfect examples of this. They've been stuck at 20k~ for an average one for years. Clean ones go for a little more and higher mileage for a little less, but generally 20k. Nothing comes close for $20k, even to this day.

Where will the C6Z settle at? Who knows, maybe I'm crazy, but my guess is somewhere around mid 30s for clean early Z06s by Q4 2013, low 30s by Q4 2014, and about $30k by Q4 2015 and holds steady around there after that, until some catalyst drives it down. Add a little more for newer years/options, but not much.

Last edited by Jawnathin; 12-24-2012 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 AM
Jawnathin
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by radstom
Now that this thread has totally gone over the fiscal cliff I'd like to ask a question about yellow. I like the C5 yellow better than the Velocity Yellow on the C6. Is my mind playing tricks or is there a real difference? I could probably use Search but this thread has become a favorite watering hole.
They are different colors. The C5 is Millennium Yellow and the C6 is Velocity Yellow.

I've always found the Millennium Yellow to have more depth and to be more 'golden'. The C6 yellow is a little more 'flat' and pale.

I prefer the C5 yellow over the C6 yellow.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:17 AM
Kyle Lemish
Drifting

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I tend to agree with Dr. Gordon on this one... Me and a few of my buddies were talking about this and turns out we would ALL rather have anything but yellow..=(
There must be some really crazy reason Chevrolet offers all its cars in different colors????
Old 12-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Originally Posted by Kyle Lemish
There must be some really crazy reason Chevrolet offers all its cars in different colors????
Gotta please everyone...even those with bad taste!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:07 PM
swoopjr
Instructor

A yellow c3 brought my parents together,they have been married for 35 years now. Yellows not to bad in my book.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:46 PM
HZ06
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 52 Posts

Prices are high not only here, I have been looking since few months, and everywhere seems too high for me.

I have read ppl who wants a early C6 under 20k, but I had offers for my C6 with 58k miles for 23k usd in a trade in, and ended selling for 24.5 cash. The guy paid off my loan and transfer the difference to my account.

Dealers around are asking 28-30 for similar cars. So the market for a 2005-2006 is asking mid 20s and ppl here are wanting low 20s.

Is the same with Z06s, we want to pay under 40k usd, but market (dealers, craiglist, ebay, cars, autotrader, you name it) is in mid to high 40s and they are selling, I have seen cars sold at that range since I am offering less and nobody takes my money.
Old 12-24-2012, 03:57 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by H-Z/28
Prices are high not only here, I have been looking since few months, and everywhere seems too high for me.

I have read ppl who wants a early C6 under 20k, but I had offers for my C6 with 58k miles for 23k usd in a trade in, and ended selling for 24.5 cash. The guy paid off my loan and transfer the difference to my account.

Dealers around are asking 28-30 for similar cars. So the market for a 2005-2006 is asking mid 20s and ppl here are wanting low 20s.

Is the same with Z06s, we want to pay under 40k usd, but market (dealers, craiglist, ebay, cars, autotrader, you name it) is in mid to high 40s and they are selling, I have seen cars sold at that range since I am offering less and nobody takes my money.
a 58k mile 06-07 3lt z51 car was going for 22-23k last summer on ebay and on the last manheim list i looked at. if that's still the same it would explain the dealer.

but,

those are trade in bucks, not cash. the second you take trade in bucks you aren't able to make cash offers or use wholesalers like costco to work a deal. you guys would be surprised how much leverage costco has over auto dealers. i watched my own dad save about 5k over toyotas "best price" on a new tacoma going this route. of course we're also talking a cash sale.

we've also had member buy similar cars from dealers for 23k, just had a thread from one a couple weeks ago. even if a dealers gives 23k in trade, getting retail on the new car puts them in the bank. unless they are really padding the sale on the new car a dealer will never offer over manheim auction prices in trade bucks and i would assume they are getting nervous about the c6 right now since the c7 is about to release. i personally would not want to pay last summers price with a new model a couple weeks away.

anyway, the point i was getting at is if someone offers you the same in cash as a dealer does in trade bucks, the cash is always going to get you a better deal on the next car

imo used prices are really out of wack vs new right now. lot of good new deals with the coupe and GS, not that many used deals.

Last edited by racebum; 12-24-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Xanthophyll
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum
imo used prices are really out of wack vs new right now. lot of good new deals with the coupe and GS, not that many used deals.
I am still wondering how they were able to offer a brand new base-model for $35k. Pretty crazy...
Old 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by Xanthophyll
I am still wondering how they were able to offer a brand new base-model for $35k. Pretty crazy...
i'm still wondering why the used cars aren't reflecting it or the 39k you can still get a base model for.

Get notified of new replies

To WTB C6 Z06 for realistic price

Old 12-24-2012, 06:13 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

When you trade in a car, you get a tax advantage, so some people will take a lower trade in price because they are saving thousands on sales tax on the new car.

Some people take a lower trade in value to drive down the new car price.

Reality is everyone wants the most net gain out of any deal, whether its the highest price when you sell or the lowest price when you buy; or any combination of both.

Anyone saying different is full of CR@P, especially all you guys talking about how cheap you can buy perfect cars.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:18 PM
dun4791
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake
When you trade in a car, you get a tax advantage, so some people will take a lower trade in price because they are saving thousands on sales tax on the new car.

Some people take a lower trade in value to drive down the new car price.

Reality is everyone wants the most net gain out of any deal, whether its the highest price when you sell or the lowest price when you buy; or any combination of both.

Anyone saying different is full of CR@P, especially all you guys talking about how cheap you can buy perfect cars.

Yes, they are talking about how cheap they can buy perfect cars, while the reality is they are still coming on here instead of driving their new 09 NJ Salvage title Z for 40K. If they could find their perfect cheap cars they would purchase and stop talking.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:24 PM
HZ06
Pro

Received 108 Likes on 52 Posts

Now, if you want to drive a Z06 for less than 30K, take a look on this high mileage:

http://www.jordanmotors10west.com/11...vette-for-sale

Quick Reply: WTB C6 Z06 for realistic price