Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB C6 Z06 for realistic price

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2012, 04:50 PM
racebum
Race Director

Received 153 Likes on 146 Posts

laughs for all.... think c6z prices are nuts

look at some of this c5 foolishness

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/3495922549.html

http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/3443867208.html

and of course the overpriced c6z that's been for sale over a year

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/3481233722.html
Old 12-22-2012, 05:45 PM
CVG323
Race Director

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

2007 2LZ Z06 with 38.5K on the clock for $36,500!!!

PM ME!!!
Old 12-22-2012, 05:47 PM
MurderZ
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

THIS IS BETTER!! This guy has been posting this on craigslist for months and hasn't dropped the price once... Are you kidding???

http://cnj.craigslist.org/cto/3452391087.html
Old 12-22-2012, 07:24 PM
toxin440
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as the owner of a 08 Z06 with only 22k On the clock - the market prices suck relative to what I paid 5 years ago... but that's life.

For 41K you should be able to get an 07 that's top quality. Even though I can't fathom sellin my z06 -- no way I'd let it go for 41K. Especially considering I'm about top drop 1000 on it just for rear tires
Old 12-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Xanthophyll
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by CDNZR
No kidding. Anyone want a fairly priced C6 better luck looking else where. Some of the owners here are delusional.

This is funny.
"throwing this out as a feeler, I do not need to sell but will if I get what I need out of it, $45k FIRM with the warranty , not dropping another cent and the price will go back up if I do not sell it soon"
No kidding... base models fall into this trap as well. Wasn't it just last month when you could pick up a brand new base C6 for around $35K (with special incentives)?

Nothing like some of these guys asking $29-30K for an 8-year old base car with a LS2 and 3X,XXX miles that's "..been babied it's whole life!"

Last edited by Xanthophyll; 12-23-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:43 PM
9c1ny
Burning Brakes

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Haha bunch of broke jokes in this thread, I'm sure when you guys sell you firesale your cars.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:25 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by Xanthophyll
No kidding... base models fall into this trap as well. Wasn't it just last month when you could pick up a brand new base C6 for around $35K (with special incentives)?

Nothing like some of these guys asking $29-30K for an 8-year old base car with and LS2 and 3X,XXX miles that's "..been babied it's whole life!"
whole reason i haven't bought one yet

waiting for people who actually want to sell their cars.

last summer there were a few good deals. this winter has just been wretched though.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Dr Gordon
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 9c1ny
Haha bunch of broke jokes in this thread, I'm sure when you guys sell you firesale your cars.
<----- this is how you are reacting to your cars drop in value right now

<----- this is me laughing at you because it's obvious you are buttsore. Even resorting to attacking others to hide your inner frustration with you financial failures (like investing in a deprecating asset that you can't emotionally handle)

<----- this is me when I pick up a new Z every year during winter. I ain't broke, I'm just not stupid

So many cheap vettes coming, and time is on our side right now

Old 12-22-2012, 09:32 PM
9c1ny
Burning Brakes

Seriously I bet everyone here attacking prices asks 110% of book value when they sell. I'm sorry but $45k for an 8k mile 08 Z w new tires and a fresh 6 yr warranty is not a crack price. Maybe if you guys use a few more emoticons and trash talk the price a little more I willl knock another 10k off the price since you saw a ragged out 70k mile 06 for $35k.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:35 PM
radstom
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously I bet everyone here attacking prices asks 110% of book value when they sell. I'm sorry but $45k for an 8k mile 08 Z w new tires and a fresh 6 yr warranty is not a crack price. Maybe if you guys use a few more emoticons and trash talk the price a little more I willl knock another 10k off the price since you saw a ragged out 70k mile 06 for $35k.

9C,

Not busting your chops. You have a lot going for you with that car. But I do have a question. If you have had no/little interest in the car as you posted a few pages back how do you interpret that? Why isn't your car drawing much interest? Although I am a member of the peanut gallery the peanut gallery has no influence on the market. It just seems like it is a tough time to sell a car.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:06 PM
racebum
Race Director

Originally Posted by radstom
It just seems like it is a tough time to sell a car.
?

no one is listing this winter. there is less overall supply than there was last summer. not only that prices are REALLY high right now on the ask side. there have to be more buyers than just myself sitting back waiting for some realistic deals to pop up

someone who knows their values could turn and burn right now.
Old 12-22-2012, 11:22 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

"throwing this out as a feeler, I do not need to sell but will if I get what I need out of it, $45k FIRM with the warranty , not dropping another cent and the price will go back up if I do not sell it soon"

I always find these ads the funniest.

Basically saying that if I don't sell it at this unrealistic price, then I am going to raise the price.

Yup, that will help it sell.

And I don't really need to sell it, either. I'm just posting it here to see if some sucker will pay my asking price.

Seriously, these ads are ridiculous.

Feel free to ask whatever you want, but why get insulted when you don't get your price? It's simple supply and demand.

You make yourself look pretty stupid posting those kinds of ads, then getting all offended by the offers.

With the number of cars available, and the internet, it only takes a few minutes searching to figure out what your car is worth.

Maybe take a look before posting it at a price that makes us all shake our head
Old 12-22-2012, 11:26 PM
Black 02
Safety Car

Received 427 Likes on 316 Posts

Nobody has compared the 35k car to yours. I used it as an example of how overpriced the dealers are here and that the only car within reason had very high miles. I wish you good luck with your car and hope you enjoy it for years and years to come
Old 12-22-2012, 11:33 PM
dun4791
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by racebum
?

no one is listing this winter. there is less overall supply than there was last summer. not only that prices are REALLY high right now on the ask side. there have to be more buyers than just myself sitting back waiting for some realistic deals to pop up

someone who knows their values could turn and burn right now.
Maybe most Z owners love their cars and aren't looking to sell, aren't worried about depreciation, want to enjoy their Z they have now since any new C7Z is still a couple years away, don't want to give their cars away since a new C7Z is likely to bring close to 100K plus dealer add on ( making the current Z models depreciate at a slower rate, realize winter is a poor time of year to sell, and maybe they have the opinion I have which is that the C7 will likely bring the resale of the base model C6 down while stabilizing and/or slightly raising the resale values of the C6Z and ZR1s.....especially if the styling is not well received...........If I was looking to sell, I would definately hold off right now.....You just keep on waiting, wait for the C8 to come out, maybe then you will find a C6 that is priced within your budget.....
Old 12-22-2012, 11:40 PM
9c1ny
Burning Brakes

Criticize all you want, I could care less, the car is paid for and turn key ready to enjoy. I stand by $45k as a very reasonable price. For a laugh though you guys price it for me, ready, set, go!
Old 12-22-2012, 11:52 PM
9c1ny
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hzz

Basically saying that if I don't sell it at this unrealistic price, then I am going to raise the price.

And I don't really need to sell it, either. I'm just posting it here to see if some sucker will pay my asking price.

Feel free to ask whatever you want, but why get insulted when you don't get your price? It's simple supply and demand.

You make yourself look pretty stupid posting those kinds of ads, then getting all offended by the offers.

With the number of cars available, and the internet, it only takes a few minutes searching to figure out what your car is worth.

DISCLAIMER- by "pristine" I mean a low mile, clean title, bone stock , turn key car needing 'nothing'

hmmm 98-02 fbodies in pristine shape are fetching in the low 20s, pristine 05/06 GTOs are in the low 20s, 07-09 GT500s are in the low 30s, 10-12 GT500s are in the high 30s-high 40s, 5th Gen SS Camaros are in the low 30s, pristine G8 GTs are in the mid 20s, SRT8 Challengers are in the mid 30s, Viper prices are low 30s+++, pristine C5 coupes are in the high teens to mid 20s, pristine C5 Z06s are in the mid to high 20s, 08+ C6 coupes w low miles are in the low to mid 30s, used GS's are in the low to high 40s but a pristine low mile turn key warrantied 2008 Z06 at $45k is a crack price, guess I should lay down the pipe, guess I should get on the interwebs and look for all of these screaming deals "you" are finding, to shut me up please find me a 2008+ (regardless of color) Z06 that is under 10k miles, is not a salvage title, no song, no dance, no stories, does not need tires or anything else AND has a warranty for a much less crack smoking price than mine , please help me, since I look so "stupid" and you "all" are "shaking your heads" , put up or stfu

Last edited by 9c1ny; 12-22-2012 at 11:58 PM. Reason: please help my sell my car because by the reasoning in this thread ZR1s should be 60k asap!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:06 AM
hzz
Melting Slicks

hmmm 98-02 fbodies in pristine shape are fetching in the low 20s, pristine 05/06 GTOs are in the low 20s, 07-09 GT500s are in the low 30s, 10-12 GT500s are in the high 30s-high 40s, 5th Gen SS Camaros are in the low 30s, pristine G8 GTs are in the mid 20s, SRT8 Challengers are in the mid 30s, Viper prices are low 30s+++, pristine C5 coupes are in the high teens to mid 20s, pristine C5 Z06s are in the mid to high 20s, 08+ C6 coupes w low miles are in the low to mid 30s, used GS's are in the low to high 40s but a pristine low mile turn key warrantied 2008 Z06 at $45k is a crack price, guess I should lay down the pipe, guess I should get on the interwebs and look for all of these screaming deals "you" are finding, to shut me up please find me a 2008+ (regardless of color) Z06 that is under 10k miles, is not a salvage title, does not need tires or anything else AND has a warranty for a much less crack smoking price than mine , please help me, since I look so "stupid" and you "all" are "shaking your heads" , put up or stfu
My my, we have touched a nerve, haven't we.

Put up or stfu

Don't think so, buddy. I never said your price was a crack price.

All your other car prices are irrelevant to the car you are selling...you can only compare directly the same year and model. Maybe even the same color, because some people wouldn't take a yellow car no matter what the price. So most of your post is worthless.

Why get so upset if you don't need to sell? Just let it sit and see if someone pays your price. Or raise your price. Or lower your price. Or take it off the market. Who cares.

Here you go.... Take this and you'll be OK

Get notified of new replies

To WTB C6 Z06 for realistic price

Old 12-23-2012, 12:14 AM
9c1ny
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hzz
My my, we have touched a nerve, haven't we.

Put up or stfu

Don't think so, buddy. I never said your price was a crack price.

All your other car prices are irrelevant to the car you are selling...you can only compare directly the same year and model. Maybe even the same color, because some people wouldn't take a yellow car no matter what the price. So most of your post is worthless.

Why get so upset if you don't need to sell? Just let it sit and see if someone pays your price. Or raise your price. Or lower your price. Or take it off the market. Who cares.

Here you go.... Take this and you'll be OK

hmmm let me point out the parts you refered to from my FS ad

oh wait that was all of your post that was personally directed to me, I post a retort to your direct attack of my FS ad and get a "chill out"??
Yes the other makes and models are relevent because they are what people cross shop besides corvettes.
Color is personal preference, Chevy has sold ALOT of yellow cars , so while they may not be your cup of tea they do obviously sell.
I guess when it came to put up or shut up, you shut up, obviously the cars you guys want , at the price you think they should be , are not out there..............
if they were you would be driving them and not trying to guilt others into selling theirs for a song and a dance

Last edited by 9c1ny; 12-23-2012 at 12:16 AM.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:24 AM
hzz
Melting Slicks

oh wait that was all of your post that was personally directed to me, I post a retort to your direct attack of my FS ad and get a "chill out"??
Yes the other makes and models are relevent because they are what people cross shop besides corvettes.
Color is personal preference, Chevy has sold ALOT of yellow cars , so while they may not be your cup of tea they do obviously sell.
I guess when it came to put up or shut up, you shut up, obviously the cars you guys want , at the price you think they should be , are not out there..............
if they were you would be driving them and not trying to guilt others into selling theirs for a song and a dance
You just don't get it.

I find your ad funny. especially the part where you don't need to sell, but will sell, and if you don't sell in this "limited time offer" you will raise the price.
Makes me laugh.
I have a different sense of humor than you, obviously.
Don't think I need to stfu simply because I find your type of ad funny.
That's why you need the chill pill...

In any case, I hope you get at least 45K for your car.
Then I can look at my corvettes as investments, not depreciating assets.
Old 12-23-2012, 12:28 AM
9c1ny
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hzz
You just don't get it.

I find your ad funny. especially the part where you don't need to sell, but will sell, and if you don't sell in this "limited time offer" you will raise the price.
Makes me laugh.
I have a different sense of humor than you, obviously.
Don't think I need to stfu simply because I find your type of ad funny.
That's why you need the chill pill...

In any case, I hope you get at least 45K for your car.
Then I can look at my corvettes as investments, not depreciating assets.
obviously you have never sold a car to anyone online, I would love to say I'll take obo but then you get people offering you $10k below what your asking like they're offering $10 less, when I say the price will "go back up" thats if the market bears and when the weather starts to improve.
I do realize this is not an ideal time to sell a car however I have sold numerous cars this time of the year regardless.
Honestly though I would love for someone to show me some nicer , cheaper Z's than mine because I would consider putting a second in my garage if the deal were "that good"

Quick Reply: WTB C6 Z06 for realistic price