Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

F/S 08 Corvette Convertible located in MA. Auto-3LT, P top, Navigation, Crystal Red M

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 05:22 PM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F/S 08 Corvette Convertible located in MA. Auto-3LT, P top, Navigation, Crystal Red M

SOLD

]This is the car that you have been waiting for all fall. The right color, the right price! This is your end of the season “I’m going wait until off season to steal one” 2008 corvette convertible. . I have priced it to move NOW! *Still under warranty see below.

The car is located in southern MA.

See over 15 pictures HERE :http://forums.corvetteforum.com/album.php?albumid=24106
Email me at mswcwaCORVETTE@yahoo.com REMOVE THE WORD CORVETTE FROM THE ADDRESS Shoot me a phone number if you like and I would be happy to give you a call.

2008 Corvette Convertible
Automatic W/Paddle Shifters
3LT Package-LOADED
HUD
Heated Seats
BOSE Sound system
Navigation
Power top
Z51 Performance Package
Crystal Red Metallic Tintcoat
Cashmere interior

The only two things that the car doesn’t have are chrome wheels and NPP exhaust and I have both at an additional cost. I bought them but I just didn’t have time to put them on the car.

Here’s the Readers Digest version of why I am selling it:

I lost my job in June and have decided to start my own business and need the cash flow. The car has been paid off and I am just awaiting a title from the DMV. I expect it within the next week.I bought it in February 2012 from a dealer in FL as a certified pre-owned Chevy. See below for what is still left on it for warranty. It IS transferable. The car needs nothing as I have only put 8K miles on it since I bought it. It has always been garaged. Non smoker.

The car is in beautiful condition, It has been nothing but a pleasure to drive. It turns heads where ever I go…. I haven’t had any problems with it since I have owned it and the oil has been changed once already by the dealer.

The ONE flaw the car has is my own fault..When using the wind restrictor in the car I left the two clips in when I put the top down. It chipped the paint behind the drivers head. Picture included. Definitely an AAARRGGHHH moment but it is behind the drivers head rest and thankfully not too noticeable.

*The car is still covered under the Chevrolet Certified Pre-Owned Vehicles program. The vehicle includes:
• 12-Month/12,000-Mile Bumper to Bumper Limited Warranty GOOD FOR 2K more miles or until Feb 2013• 5-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty GOOD UNTIL AUGUST 2013o Whichever comes first based on original in-service date
o Courtesy Transportation for the life of the 5-Year/100,000-Mile Powertrain Limited Warranty (based on original in-service date). Good until the end of August 2013• Trip Interruption Protection Good until the end of August 2013
• 24-hour Roadside Assistance Good until the end of August 2013• $0 deductible
Warranty is transferable to subsequent owners

Last edited by Magilla; 11-24-2012 at 11:06 AM. Reason: SOLD
Old 10-27-2012, 01:25 AM
PlanetZoom
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Glws!
Old 10-28-2012, 08:04 AM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:35 AM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Price lowered to $32,000

Lowered price to $32,000!!

This is a STEAL for someone!
Old 10-31-2012, 02:53 PM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

see price drop to $30k!!!!
Old 10-31-2012, 07:50 PM
Antoine137
Advanced

Bump for you. Can't believe you are already selling it, but understand the circumstances. What an incredible deal for someone. Whoever buys it is stealing it...Someone jump on this.
Old 10-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks. Life happens. I'll be back

This is as low as it goes. I dropped it to the bottom quickly to sell it but if it doesn't go I'll hold it until spring and get 3K more for it.

Thanks for the promo post, much appreciated.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:20 AM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

bump
Old 11-02-2012, 06:47 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Magilla
Thanks. Life happens. I'll be back

This is as low as it goes. I dropped it to the bottom quickly to sell it but if it doesn't go I'll hold it until spring and get 3K more for it.

Thanks for the promo post, much appreciated.
If you want to sell it fast put it on eBay with a "buy in now" price about a grand more than what you are willing to take and also select the "make offer" option. Include a lot of good pics and a very complete description. I have sold in winter and summer and found no difference in what the car goes for in the end or how fast they sell.

Put it on now because the car will not be more valuable next year than it is today.

I have sold a number of vette converts on there and never took longer than a week with the last one going in 3 days. I received many offers from all over the country so gave me a chance to communicate with the buyers and allows you to weed out the tire kickers. Keep in mind you want to select a serious buyer because all bids on eBay automotive auctions are non binding and the buyer can back out for any reason up to the time you have the money in your hands.

GLWS
Old 11-02-2012, 07:01 PM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Ebay was my next avenue. I appreciate your knowledge of it and your success. I know that I have had Ebay sending me an email everytime a Vert went up for sale for the last 8 months. I just to see how I did when I bought it and just to see what they are going for. I have yet to see one as low as what I am willing to take in nearly a year.

I will put it up there next week.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:19 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

You have a very desirable color combo and options for a convert and most importantly it is an automatic. If it was a manual convert it would take a lot longer because there are very few convert buyers looking for a manual trans.

It will sell quickly if priced realistically. If your bottom dollar is as you posted here at $30k I would set the buy it now at $31k with the make offer option, that seems realistic for the car your selling with 40k miles on it as long as it has a clean title with no accidents and not to many prior owners showing up in autocheck report. It will only cost you a couple of dollars to list it with the 24 pic larger photo package if it doesn't sell and about the most you will pay if you complete the sale on eBay is around $125 total in fees.

I have bought and sold around 20 vette converts and they sell very fast if you have a good ad and they are priced realistically. You usually get the highest offer you will get in the first week and from experience if you pass on that you usually end up taking less later.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:16 PM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I appreciate you sharing your experience. I feel that I have it priced reasonably. I am the second owner, it has no issues and needs nothing. It is even under warraty until next August and the 12/12 bumper to bumper that came with the Chevy certified is good until February. I wuld think that would give someone piece of mind that they would be covered no matter how short a period of time as it allows them to go through the car.

I'll post up how it goes.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:34 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

I think your price is very realistic and fair for a very loaded, under warranty 2008 auto convert with 40k miles and if I were looking I would have no problem justifying paying your $30k asking price.

Keep in mind that in the South and Southwest we are just coming into the best top down weather of the year for the next 6 months so a good time to be selling a convert. The sooner the better because there is not anywhere near the competition that you will have to face come next May or June. I sell my converts in the winter when it is a sellers market and there is little pricing competition and I buy converts in the spring when there are a lot of converts for sale and it is a buyers market.

From now till next July it will be the rare day here in Tucson when the top is not down on my converts.

Last edited by RJRSW; 11-02-2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

I'm coming to AZ this winter and drive yours then

Thanks again
Old 11-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Johnny vette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

wow , great buy for someone.......
Old 11-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Saturday AM BUMP!!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:45 AM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Thanks again for your sound advice. It sold on Ebay this AM for $30,500.

Originally Posted by RJRSW
If you want to sell it fast put it on eBay with a "buy in now" price about a grand more than what you are willing to take and also select the "make offer" option. Include a lot of good pics and a very complete description. I have sold in winter and summer and found no difference in what the car goes for in the end or how fast they sell.

Put it on now because the car will not be more valuable next year than it is today.

I have sold a number of vette converts on there and never took longer than a week with the last one going in 3 days. I received many offers from all over the country so gave me a chance to communicate with the buyers and allows you to weed out the tire kickers. Keep in mind you want to select a serious buyer because all bids on eBay automotive auctions are non binding and the buyer can back out for any reason up to the time you have the money in your hands.

GLWS

Get notified of new replies

To F/S 08 Corvette Convertible located in MA. Auto-3LT, P top, Navigation, Crystal Red M

Old 11-11-2012, 12:26 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Magilla
Thanks again for your sound advice. It sold on Ebay this AM for $30,500.

You are very welcome, I knew it would go quickly on eBay.

Your car was a nicely optioned convert at a realistic asking price and with that combo they sell very fast. If a seller prices it realistically I have found after selling many vettes that the realistically priced ones sell very fast and for close to what they are asking. I never have had any of my vette converts take longer than a week to sell on there.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Corvette03051
Melting Slicks

Received 419 Likes on 221 Posts

Default Vette for sale

May I suggest you see Corvette Mike in Plymouth if you have not done so already if the sale does not happen.

Last edited by Corvette03051; 11-12-2012 at 07:52 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 07:54 PM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by corvette02035
May I suggest you see Corvette Mike in Plymouth if you have not done so already.
The car is sold. Thanks for your suggestion but for what it is worth, I did contact them and they weren't interested because of the miles. An odd thing I thought as they have many cars with more miles than mine for the year.

Quick Reply: F/S 08 Corvette Convertible located in MA. Auto-3LT, P top, Navigation, Crystal Red M