Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

"*** Gauging Interest - 2006 VY Z06, NEW ENGINE, body has 65K miles - $39.9K OBO"

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 02:58 PM
maddog
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default "*** Gauging Interest - 2006 VY Z06, NEW ENGINE, body has 65K miles - $39.9K OBO"

PRICE LOWERED TO $39.9K!

Hello!

I'm looking to sell to free up some cash for a venture I'm building on. It's a 2006 VY Z06, Ebony Interior 2LZ, with 65,700 miles on the body which is in great shape. The car just had a new stock Z06 LS7 engine installed by Rick Hendrick Chevrolet in Buford, GA - it currently has only 800 miles on it with a full 5 year, 100K mile transferrable powertrain warranty in addition to the high tech warranty covering this car from bumper to rear until 102K miles. You can't get a better warranty set-up on a Z06 to protect your ride.

I originally listed this Z06 for sale a few months ago but only a week after it was listed, a cylinder blew, cracking the engine block. Blessings have it, I carry full transferable high-tech Hendrick Autoguard extended coverage and the new engine was installed only three months ago. In addition to the engine, I also installed new pads, a new slave/clutch kit, new hoses, cooler, cat. converter, and plugs which we not all necessary but these additions made this a mechanically new car. Asking $39.9k + optional customs if desired (see below). Z06 is stock except borla quad tips and a VY Speed Lingerie Bra - $39.9K is with stock silver polished OEM wheels and tires with about 8-10K miles on them. I love the car and was not planning to sell but I've got some opportunities infront of me...

Car is under full High-Tech Rick Hendrick Autoguard Coverage - it is in perfect shape electronically / mechanically and any issues (none I am aware of) can be fixed thru this warranty prior to sale at no cost to you. Car runs great, new brakes, and you can keep the fully transferable warranty for another 40k miles for an extra $2500 if desired (I highly recommend as this would cost you $5k outright today).

The paint is in great shape but it was bumped in a parking lot three months ago on left side - no dents, no damage at all except for a scratch on door panel and some small surface scratches on left side in rear - I was quoted $1k total to repair to OEM spec.

Extras as options if buyer desires:

+ $1k - paint scratches on left side fixed to VY OEM standard by professional USAA certified shop.
+ $2.5K - Hendrick Chevrolet Fully Transferable High Tech (Full Coverage) Warranty to 102,226 miles or Dec 2014.
+ $2K - Professional Audio/DVD System can remain with car - JBL Amp rack, all custom speakers, backup camera, Kenwood DNX9960 touchscreen, IDQ10V3 sub custom fit in rear behind driver seat ($5K set-up). There is nothing drilled into the car for this set-up, I will reverse to stock NAV if desired.
+ $3k - swap stock rims for wheels in signature pic (19/20s deep dish) and almost new Nitto Invo tires (http://www.westcoastcorvette.com/p-3...and-sport.aspx).

Title in hand, Atlanta, Georgia. Fairly priced, the engine/clutch/etc install was a $20K procedure with parts+labor - I don't need to sell, but will if price makes sense. Good luck in your search, you can reach me via PM.

Matthew

Last edited by maddog; 08-20-2012 at 10:48 PM.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:13 PM
maddog
Pro

Here are some pictures of the Z06. Tires on stock rims are Goodyear Eagle F1 EMTs with about 8-10k miles on them. Tires on Aftermarket Wheels are Nitto Invos with about 9k miles on them. These pictures were taken this morning in the sunlight which is the least forgiving to the color. Overall in excellent shape, available for sale until cash in hand. If you want any other specific pictures, please let me know.

Old 08-12-2012, 03:14 PM
maddog
Pro

Here are the pics of the scratches on the left side. I tried to get them to show as much as possible in the photo - these scratches on the left rear are not touched up with anything - a clear coat stick would remove a solid majority of it. I can have this fixed for the extra $1000 as mentioned in the original post. I am detailed and picky !

Old 08-12-2012, 03:15 PM
maddog
Pro

Here are other photos of the car taken previously with the stock wheels:

Old 08-20-2012, 01:38 PM
maddog
Pro

Price lowered to $39.9K!

Thanks...

MM
Old 08-20-2012, 11:49 PM
PlanetZoom
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Glws!
Old 08-22-2012, 08:53 AM
SSSUPRA
Advanced

As a prospective buyer looking to get another Z I think you'll have more luck at a more realistic price.
Old 08-26-2012, 03:30 PM
maddog
Pro

I appreciate the post and I am open to entertain offers. I know what my dealership is offering to take the car, what would you consider offering?

Thanks,

Matthew

Originally Posted by SSSUPRA
As a prospective buyer looking to get another Z I think you'll have more luck at a more realistic price.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:41 PM
speedmon
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Seems like a pretty good price given the new crate engine......

But is it a 5yr/100K or 3yr/100K. And its specific to the engine, not the whole power train, right? The power train falls under the Hendrick one?

GLWS.....
Old 08-26-2012, 09:16 PM
Legal Alien
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Beautiful car, if my numbers came up I'd love it!

Maybe I'm missing something but the price doesn't seem bad to me?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:09 AM
SSSUPRA
Advanced

I really don't want to muddy this thread up with a bunch of posts arguing numbers but for the guys questioning my statement the car carries a kbb number of about $35k in excellent condition and the asking price is $44.9K as pictured, $45.9 with scratches repaired and $48.4 with warranty. I considered picking this up for a track car a few months ago but then the motor let go and I've decided to wait a little longer.

David
maddog, good luck with the sale im sure you'll find a new home for it.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:31 PM
maddog
Pro

Thanks for the clarification - engine is the 3yr/100K mile warranty. Powertrain and almost everything except stereo and soft parts (clutch, brakes, etc) is covered under Hendrick High-Tech Warranty.

Clutch is new. I could've swapped wheels to stock wheels for pics and asking price for car "in pics" would be $39.9K OBO - which I did in my last set of pics. Engine is under FULL warranty and has less than 1K miles - with all common sense this holds value above non adjusted $35K KBB.

Originally Posted by speedmon
Seems like a pretty good price given the new crate engine......

But is it a 5yr/100K or 3yr/100K. And its specific to the engine, not the whole power train, right? The power train falls under the Hendrick one?

GLWS.....

Last edited by maddog; 09-04-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To "*** Gauging Interest - 2006 VY Z06, NEW ENGINE, body has 65K miles - $39.9K OBO"

Quick Reply: "*** Gauging Interest - 2006 VY Z06, NEW ENGINE, body has 65K miles - $39.9K OBO"