Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Im done with trying to buy used

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 03:29 PM
vettro
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jagvet
I simply can not believe that a car dealer would lie to anyone ;-)
Old 04-16-2012, 01:22 PM
Greg00Coupe
Race Director

Received 2,005 Likes on 1,153 Posts

I'm not in the car business but know enough people who are. There is an old saying the most dishonest person doing the deal is the customer. I love how some of you posters just beat down the dealer.

Answer this when you do trade off your car how HONEST are you with the dealer when he asks condition and car history? Ya never fibbed or cheated on your taxes either????

You dump your problems on the dealer tell him runs like new etc etc and you hammer a dealer who by his very ongoing existance has to be doing something right to survive long term.

Then you critize someone who is sucessful???? Don't buy off a sucessful dealer who has that million dollar home. Buy off someone in a mobile home that is upside down. That should make your $60K purchase a good experience.
Old 04-16-2012, 01:52 PM
vettro
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe
I'm not in the car business but know enough people who are. There is an old saying the most dishonest person doing the deal is the customer. I love how some of you posters just beat down the dealer.

Answer this when you do trade off your car how HONEST are you with the dealer when he asks condition and car history? Ya never fibbed or cheated on your taxes either????

You dump your problems on the dealer tell him runs like new etc etc and you hammer a dealer who by his very ongoing existance has to be doing something right to survive long term.

Then you critize someone who is sucessful???? Don't buy off a sucessful dealer who has that million dollar home. Buy off someone in a mobile home that is upside down. That should make your $60K purchase a good experience.
Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha, - now this is a funny post - you really have to be kidding here, really...

Dealers have the luxury of onsite Mechanic's to check over the car, Car Fax, Dealer history if it's the same dealer. More to the point here, - most cars they take in trade they have BEAT down the customer so much they just wholesale the trade or send it to the auction ...
Old 04-16-2012, 01:59 PM
hzz
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg00Coupe

Ummm...you mean they believe what the customers tell them about their trade-in? Just take it as the truth, don't look at a carfax, or just bring it in to their shop to check it out?
Your post is pretty silly.
Old 04-16-2012, 02:30 PM
1%r
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03 through '17

Thread has run it's course. Besides the fact it's not a car being sold in the C6 for sale section.

Quick Reply: Im done with trying to buy used