Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

'08 JSB A6 3LT Z51 cammed 15K miles

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2012, 05:35 PM
turboffr
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 33 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Posto
I'm the guy who called from Reading MA.
Want to see it next week, conditions permitting.
( we got 8" snow last night in central NH!)

It's one hell of a car/deal.

Jeff Posto
will email to you, as we discussed.
Hey Jeff. sounds like a plan. I got your e-mail. Roads are clean down here so that shouldn't be a problem.

Mike
Old 03-16-2012, 02:09 PM
jonnycatz
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is probably a dumb question, but do the mods that you have installed void factory warranty or any extended warranty?
Old 03-16-2012, 02:24 PM
RJRSW
Melting Slicks

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by turboffr
I did go to the dealer and as soon as I said I disconnected the battery they said that they would need to wake up the BCM and would be around $99 to fix it. It worked fine before I disconnected the battery so I can't see how it's more than a minor issue. If you do a search, plenty of C6's with the same issue with dead or low battery.
Why didn't you have them wake up the BCM when you had it there if that is all that would be needed to fix the problem before you sell the car?

I'm skeptical that they were correct about that being the problem because like I said earlier I have had the battery disconnected on my C6 convert more than once and both batteries out of my fobs and never had to reprogram anything when I reconnected the batteries for everything to work properly. The only thing I ever had to do after disconnecting the car battery was the window indexing.
Old 03-16-2012, 02:47 PM
ctusser
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by svt1
Guys-

This is an awesome car that i know well and have ridden in. All TurboFFR's cars are very well sorted. He is a perfectionist and all his mods are the best of the best.

The car is very clean, looks like it just left the showroom. And it is very, very fast!

Someone better move on this car at this price, it is one of the best deals on this site at his price.

Run it the way it is and go 11's or throw a blower on it and run high 9's. It's that easy with this car.

Or just throw in a stall and run 10's NA. Mmmmm, tempting....
Old 03-16-2012, 04:12 PM
turboffr
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by jonnycatz
This is probably a dumb question, but do the mods that you have installed void factory warranty or any extended warranty?
YES
Originally Posted by RJRSW
Why didn't you have them wake up the BCM when you had it there if that is all that would be needed to fix the problem before you sell the car?

I'm skeptical that they were correct about that being the problem because like I said earlier I have had the battery disconnected on my C6 convert more than once and both batteries out of my fobs and never had to reprogram anything when I reconnected the batteries for everything to work properly. The only thing I ever had to do after disconnecting the car battery was the window indexing.
Because I just dropped in and they were busy plus I only had one FOB with me. Do a search, it's common. I agree it doesn't always happen. My '06 never had this issue. Battery was disconnected for a week, and it could also be the battery needs replacement.

Originally Posted by ctusser
Or just throw in a stall and run 10's NA. Mmmmm, tempting....
Exactly.
Old 03-23-2012, 11:46 AM
turboffr
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '10

Still available. This is a mint car with just the right go fast mods.
Old 03-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Jetstream Blue Bill
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Would you mind informing me of what it costs to cam up a car like you have done. I'm on the fence between camming or Edelbrock supercharger. Your input would be appreciated.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:07 PM
turboffr
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Jetstream Blue Bill
Would you mind informing me of what it costs to cam up a car like you have done. I'm on the fence between camming or Edelbrock supercharger. Your input would be appreciated.
if you do it yourself figure around $1100 with timing chain, cam, spring kit, pushrods, gaskets, & fluids
Old 03-25-2012, 04:07 PM
turboffr
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '10

sale pending

Last edited by turboffr; 03-26-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:33 AM
turboffr
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '10

SOLD
Old 04-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Vette_Buyer
Navigator

Just received Mike’s absolutely amazing JSB Coupe! For starters, COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! This car was 100% absolutely everything Mike had promised it would be and then some.

I have read several posts lately from people shying away from exceptional deals due to “distance” between the buyer and seller. I’m extremely pleased to say that distance played no factor in my decision making process since I’m located in Canada and the car was located in Massachusetts – a distance of over 2,700 miles. I had the car shipped enclosed and had zero problems and it was as much of a hassle free transaction as I’ve ever dealt with.

Mike is a true class act, and if he ever decides to sell again I want to either be first in line to purchase or be a 100% solid reference for the quality of person he is to deal with.

Thanks again Mike for the amazing car!

Old 04-18-2012, 12:23 PM
XxWarderxX
Advanced

Congratulations! I had wanted to buy this vette as well, but you beat me to it. The color, mods, condition, cost and everything else on this car made it very desirable.

I haven't seen many C6s with the "whole package" that this one offered at an affordable price. Especially A6s.

Enjoy your awesome vette!

Old 04-18-2012, 12:49 PM
turboffr
Drifting

St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Vette_Buyer
Just received Mike’s absolutely amazing JSB Coupe! For starters, COULD NOT BE HAPPIER! This car was 100% absolutely everything Mike had promised it would be and then some.

I have read several posts lately from people shying away from exceptional deals due to “distance” between the buyer and seller. I’m extremely pleased to say that distance played no factor in my decision making process since I’m located in Canada and the car was located in Massachusetts – a distance of over 2,700 miles. I had the car shipped enclosed and had zero problems and it was as much of a hassle free transaction as I’ve ever dealt with.

Mike is a true class act, and if he ever decides to sell again I want to either be first in line to purchase or be a 100% solid reference for the quality of person he is to deal with.

Thanks again Mike for the amazing car!

Thanks Shaun! Enjoy it

Quick Reply: '08 JSB A6 3LT Z51 cammed 15K miles