Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Capital One transaction process....

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:00 PM
andyc5
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Capital One transaction process....

I am looking at purchasing a C6 from a forum member.

His car is financed through Capital One. I will be paying for the car via cashiers/certified check.

What should the process be to get the car paid for properly and obtain a lien release? The car is in PA, and I live in Kentucky.

Any help will be appreciated.
Old 02-14-2012, 05:06 PM
marz
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andyc5
I am looking at purchasing a C6 from a forum member.

His car is financed through Capital One. I will be paying for the car via cashiers/certified check.

What should the process be to get the car paid for properly and obtain a lien release? The car is in PA, and I live in Kentucky.

Any help will be appreciated.
Be sure to get his account number and have him go online to get his payoff. He will need to present them with a cashiers check and have it overnighted to them. get the title transfer signed when he gets paid. The title should be in his hands in 7-14 days. You might have them mail the title to your address, but you have to have him do a change of address. I sold one through them and it was a fairly straight forward sale. Just be sure you get payment receipt from him.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:04 AM
Aruba1
Racer

Seller can call capital one and conference you in the call. Get a 10 day payoff and the lender's wire account number. Wire the money to them and have them mail the title directly to you.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:43 AM
BigMikeUGA
4th Gear

Have the cashiers check made out to him and Capital One. He sends the entire check the Capital One and they send him a check for the difference.
Old 02-17-2012, 04:08 PM
PhilsFRC
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Last time I did something like this (a long time ago), I had MY bank do a draft versus the title--check with your banker.

Get notified of new replies

To Capital One transaction process....

Quick Reply: Capital One transaction process....