Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTB Orange or Blue Auto Convertible

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 02:45 PM
Antoine137
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB Orange or Blue Auto Convertible

I am looking to purchase an orange or blue C6 convertible. I have some specific requirements, and some optional ones. Please let me know if you have one that you're interested in selling. I am located in Michigan, but I have a free one-way airline ticket, so I am willing to travel for the right deal. Price range is dependent upon how many of the specifications are met. Thanks for looking at my ad.

Requirements:
Convertible
Automatic
3LT trim (heated seats, HUD) or higher
Black top
2006 or newer
Lower miles
No accidents & no paint work

Optional (would like to have, but not required):
LS3
Z51 or F55
No engine mods
Two tone interior

Happy New Year!

Scott
Old 12-27-2011, 03:33 PM
Random84
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

May I suggest AutoTrader.com?

You might actually find your perfect car there - as I have been looking also. Bear in mind, the more specific you are, the less likely you'll find your car (or find one for a reasonable price).

As a reference, only 6.3% of all convertibles had the two-tone Cashmere interior in 2007; 5.6% in 2008. 26% of all convertibles came with the F55 option in 2007 and 23.6% in 2008.

Atomic Orange and Lemans Blue (the two best colors IMHO) were equally as rare: AO production was 12.5% in 2007 and 6.1% in 2008; Lemans Blue was 7.2% in the final production year of 2007. Jetstream Blue was new for 2008 and was produced in 8.7% of all convertibles.

Adding a rare color with a rare two-tone interior into a less common convertible with a less common F55 suspension option... and then asking for low, low miles with no paint or body work is a tall order.

I hope you're searching the web weekly to find that special car, but again I'd recommend AutoTrader: they seem to have the highest # of listed vehicles. Just be ware, they are not all listed correctly so you have to check the photos carefully for options and cross-reference the year with color listed.

Old 12-29-2011, 01:31 PM
Antoine137
Advanced

I realize that my specifications make my chances of finding one less likely, but I am not willing to settle. I hope to own my next vette for the next decade or more, and I don't want to regret any part of the purchase. I am checking autotrader and cars.com regularly (thank you for that suggestion), but I would prefer to purchase one from a forum member, as I know most members appreciate and take special care of their vettes, and they use this site as a resource when things go wrong and they need solutions.
Old 01-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Antoine137
Advanced

ttt
Old 01-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Antoine137
Advanced

Well, I ended up getting the exactly what I wanted, and I have to say, I'm glad I didn't settle for less. I will try to upload some pictures later in the daylight, but for now, I'll just post what I purchased. Happy cruising!

2008 Jetstream Blue Convertible
Automatic
Black top
4LT with two tone interior
Navigation
Magnetic Selective Ride (F55)
21,800 miles
Certified GM (with bumper-to-bumper 12 month warranty)
Old 01-24-2012, 05:03 AM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Let me guess, Maroone in FL?
I believe that I saw that exact car when I was looking. I bought the CRM one that they had. The blue looked like a great car for the money. It was one of the best deals that I saw out there. This is assuming that I am correct : - D

Either way, good luck with it!
Old 01-24-2012, 08:19 AM
jnx911
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Magilla
I believe that I saw that exact car when I was looking. I bought the CRM one that they had. The blue looked like a great car for the money. It was one of the best deals that I saw out there. This is assuming that I am correct : - D

Congrats to both of you, I am looking for something similar and can't find a thing.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:49 AM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

The one that I bought is a 3LT not a 4. I am not crazy about the two tone seats at all. I am happy that mine is a solid cashmere. I have been looking for a while and found this one in FL. I am in MA. Price was right, car was right. My number one choice would have been the Atomic Orange but those are like hens teeth and people want all the money for them.
Good luck in your search. Considering where we both live we won't be driving them for a few months anyways!
Old 01-24-2012, 06:19 PM
Antoine137
Advanced

Originally Posted by Magilla

You, my friend, are right on the money. I used my airline miles to fly down to Miami and purchase the car from Maroone. The road trip was fun (with my dad). We traveled 1,500+ miles over 3 days. I was able to average 64mph and 27mpg from Miami to Michigan because the roads were perfect. Not a drop of snow the WHOLE way! We had an extra day built in if it started though. The extra day was spent at home in the heated garage using Zaino to wash it. Zaino wax/polish will be later when it can be outside and I can see the details.

For anyone thinking of buying a vette across the country and driving it back--I highly recommend it. I will never forget the trip. Glad to hear that you found what you were looking for too Magilla. I'm sure it's a sweet car.

The one down side: 3 car payments before I can drive it again. BUT, I have years of fun ahead.

Happy cruisin'
Scott
Old 01-24-2012, 06:21 PM
Antoine137
Advanced

Originally Posted by jnx911
Congrats to both of you, I am looking for something similar and can't find a thing.
Thanks. Good luck with the search. I actually enjoyed looking for the right car. And no matter what--don't settle.
Old 01-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Magilla
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Good for you. I debated the fly and drive but was having difficulty getting the time to do it and the fear of New England weather changes helped me decide to have it trucked up,

I responded to your PM too.

Enjoy!

Mike "Magilla"

Originally Posted by Antoine137
You, my friend, are right on the money. I used my airline miles to fly down to Miami and purchase the car from Maroone. The road trip was fun (with my dad). We traveled 1,500+ miles over 3 days. I was able to average 64mph and 27mpg from Miami to Michigan because the roads were perfect. Not a drop of snow the WHOLE way! We had an extra day built in if it started though. The extra day was spent at home in the heated garage using Zaino to wash it. Zaino wax/polish will be later when it can be outside and I can see the details.

For anyone thinking of buying a vette across the country and driving it back--I highly recommend it. I will never forget the trip. Glad to hear that you found what you were looking for too Magilla. I'm sure it's a sweet car.

The one down side: 3 car payments before I can drive it again. BUT, I have years of fun ahead.

Happy cruisin'
Scott

Get notified of new replies

To WTB Orange or Blue Auto Convertible

Quick Reply: WTB Orange or Blue Auto Convertible