Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

What would you chose??

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 11:15 PM
BlueByeYou
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What would you chose??

I've been looking at a lot of different Z's for sale lately. As of the moment I have 2 that are close to me that I can pick up whenever.

There is a black (the color I want) 08 that I can get for $48,700. It has 12k miles

Then there is a Silver (not too interested in this color) 07 for $42,800. It has 21k miles.

KBB has them being worth only $2k difference. Is that right?? Sounds like the 08 is worth the $5k or so difference.

Also the 08 has some kind of silver stripe on the hood. I don't know if it's factory. Can it be removed if it is because I'm not interested in a car with stripes.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 PM
Tr930
Heel & Toe

08'
Old 04-12-2011, 11:38 PM
BlueByeYou
Advanced

I guess I'll add to this thread for people reading this while I'm away from the computer.

I've emailed a couple people on here. I'm not trying to waste anyone's time, I've just emailed SO many people and made so many phone calls that I just got overwhelmed with what to choose.

So for anyone reading this thread (there are similar threads like this part where they list a certain price) if you can beat any of the above specs (08 for $48k with similar mileage or 07 for $42k with similar mileage), and you're some what near NC then let me know. I just finally decided I'm done effing around. With the way the market fluctuates right now, it could be a long time before I find that "perfect" deal I guess that I'm searching for. And both of these cars are within 100 or so miles from me so I don't have to drive across the planet to get them.

Black takes priority. Lemans Blue is up there as well. Don't want red or silver, but if the price is great I can live with it.
Old 04-13-2011, 10:25 PM
fivefingerdeathpunch
Drifting

How about lmb stock or with mods $ ??? 12,000 MILES
Attached Images   
Old 04-13-2011, 10:59 PM
vette4jr
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '09-'10-'11

Originally Posted by fivefingerdeathpunch
Hey FFDP,

you selling this one? Interested if ya are in stock form...
Old 04-13-2011, 11:14 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been looking and people on here selling theirs are overpriced (sorry just being honest). I've seen a lot for sale on autotrader that are under 45k with low miles.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 04-14-2011, 09:43 AM
BlueByeYou
Advanced

Originally Posted by fivefingerdeathpunch
I LOVE LMB!! As far as mods are concerned: if it's a power adder then it has to be easily taken off. Like I don't want a cammed car. Exhaust is ok and intake as well. Exterior mods are fine as long as they are done right. I'm very particular on the way my car should look. Subtlety goes a long way for me.

Are those your cars and are they for sale??
Old 04-14-2011, 02:35 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

Buy the color and options you like, if you don't afterwards you will be sorry you didn't get just what you wanted.

Don't be afraid of driving some to get the car you like/want, in the end it will be worth the extra effort you put in to the car.

Don't settle for something you really do not care for.

In the long run it will cost you more to make the car you bought like the one you want.

Believe me I have been thru this many many times.

Last edited by bob guzzy; 04-14-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Scotten
Racer

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
I've been looking and people on here selling theirs are overpriced (sorry just being honest). I've seen a lot for sale on autotrader that are under 45k with low miles.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
BUZZZZZZ. Wrong. If you look up the Autocheck on this car, you'll see it's got a "buyback/lemon" title. This car is not a very good indicator of the market pricing.

http://inventory.tkcarsites.com/auto...61284&ixid=854
Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 PM
BlueByeYou
Advanced

Originally Posted by bob guzzy
Buy the color and options you like, if you don't afterwards you will be sorry you didn't get just what you wanted.

Don't be afraid of driving some to get the car you like/want, in the end it will be worth the extra effort you put in to the car.

Don't settle for something you really do not care for.

In the long run it will cost you more to make the car you bought like the one you want.

Believe me I have been thru this many many times.

Actually that's not always true.

For instance when I got my latest Evo I wanted black (having owned Grey and Silver before). I ended up with blue. I really didn't want blue (the deal was awesome), but after having the car for a couple weeks I learned how good the blue looked with the right accents. I'm now much happier with the blue than with the black and couldn't imagine a better looking color for my car.

In a lot of cases what you say is true. For me options aren't as important. My weekend car has very few "options" (sunroof, HID's, Leather and Infinity system...which is ok at best). Other than power windows and locks my car is pretty low tech (which means less stuff to cause problems for me at the same time) so moving to a Vette even an optionless one will have more to offer than my current toy. I want the Vette for the performance. Plus I'll actually be saving money in the long run. I spent $6-7k just last year in modifications alone. And that doesn't include the 2.3L stroker motor in the car, head work, wheels or anything else I already have in the car.

My brother works for Best Buy so I can pick up an aftermarket NAV with warranty for WAY less than the average person so that's not a deal breaker either.

I also rarely buy local. Bought my first Evo in FL, my second got shipped, my third I went to VA. Hell, my brother drove to Ohio ( I think it was like 15+ hours one way) on a days notice to pick up a turbo MR2 just cause the deal was good and he wanted another car to mess around with. Went to Jersey to get his TT MK4 Supra. SC for his Evo. So yeah, I've been on plenty of road trips to pick up cars. Road trips to get cars can be fun depending on who you go with and where you're going!!

Last edited by BlueByeYou; 04-14-2011 at 03:29 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 07:24 PM
spicytuna
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueByeYou
Actually that's not always true.

For instance when I got my latest Evo I wanted black (having owned Grey and Silver before). I ended up with blue. I really didn't want blue (the deal was awesome), but after having the car for a couple weeks I learned how good the blue looked with the right accents. I'm now much happier with the blue than with the black and couldn't imagine a better looking color for my car.
If that's really the case, why even bring up the fact that you don't really like the color silver?

In any event, if money isn't a big issue, I'd go for the newest car you can afford.

As far as pricing is concerned, it seems like the 2008 is a better deal than the 2007. Not only does it have nearly half the miles but it should also have a bumper to bumper warranty on it.

The 2008's also have the newer Tremec transmission and if you're really ****, you can at least live with the peace of mind that it's probably unaffected by the rocker arm issue which plauged a very small percentage of 2007's.

Is the 2008 a 3LZ? Does it have nav? If so, it'd be a killer deal.
Old 04-14-2011, 08:06 PM
BlueByeYou
Advanced

Originally Posted by spicytuna
If that's really the case, why even bring up the fact that you don't really like the color silver?

In any event, if money isn't a big issue, I'd go for the newest car you can afford.

As far as pricing is concerned, it seems like the 2008 is a better deal than the 2007. Not only does it have nearly half the miles but it should also have a bumper to bumper warranty on it.

The 2008's also have the newer Tremec transmission and if you're really ****, you can at least live with the peace of mind that it's probably unaffected by the rocker arm issue which plauged a very small percentage of 2007's.

Is the 2008 a 3LZ? Does it have nav? If so, it'd be a killer deal.

That's why I said it's not always true. I also said in a lot of cases what you said is true. In my last case I got lucky and ended up loving the color. I didn't imply I would fall in love with silver. But say I picked up an orange Z (which I have less interest in owning then black or blue) and end up really liking it after a little while, it would ring true to what I said.

But silver is a no go no matter what unless price dictates it. I've never liked silver. With the right accents it can look good, but it's just not a color for me. Again though if it's a great condition car for an unbeatable price I would feel stupid not to get a silver one as the Z would look good in any color IMO.

Money is not an issue as much as I have a set limit for myself. I love cars and enjoy the toys that I've owned, but can't bring myself to spend enough on a car that I could invest into something else. So my limit is based on what I can spend comfortably and not look at myself and say "I spent THAT much money on a car!"

I have read about the rocker arm issue, but am unfamiliar with which cars are affected. I myself was leaning towards the 08 because it's an entire year newer. And I feel if I ever need to sell it the 08+ Z's would go for more because people hear about the revised tranny and automatically assume better (not saying the outgoing T-56 was bad).

The 08 is 2LZ and no nav. I'll see how low they are willing to go on it. If they won't go much lower, I might skip it and keep searching the forums. Maybe eventually the 09's will drop enough to fall into the price I want to spend.

Although I don't want to wait that long to buy one!!
Old 04-14-2011, 09:48 PM
danieloneil01
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scotten
BUZZZZZZ. Wrong. If you look up the Autocheck on this car, you'll see it's got a "buyback/lemon" title. This car is not a very good indicator of the market pricing.

http://inventory.tkcarsites.com/auto...61284&ixid=854
I apologize for not running the vin. There was no free carfax so I didn't know there was a way to look up a vin for free. And there's plenty of Z06's in that price range.
Old 04-14-2011, 09:57 PM
Scotten
Racer

Originally Posted by danieloneil01
I apologize for not running the vin. There was no free carfax so I didn't know there was a way to look up a vin for free. And there's plenty of Z06's in that price range.
The free autocheck was on the dealers website. I saw that one in my Z06 search and assumed something was wrong with it because the price was waaaaay low.

I don't want to threadjack, but that car is somewhat interesting -- it appears to have been lemoned and bought back 3 YEARS after it was titled. I don't know lemon laws around the country, but I thought it was generally within the 1st year ownership.

Get notified of new replies

To What would you chose??

Quick Reply: What would you chose??