Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Higher prices at Kerbeck

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 12:47 AM
DocJackson1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Higher prices at Kerbeck

as i am about to buy a vette in the next month or two, i have been carefully watching the prices at the supporting dealers. despite the fact that kerbeck has a bunch of vettes in stock, and that 2010 models are soon to be at the dealers, unless i am wrong, kerbeck seems to have today significantly decreased the discount that they are offering on 2009 cars. whereas they were offering up to $8-9,000 off on 3lt cars, it seems like that has just decreased to a bit better than $4000 or so. it is hard to understand why, in this economy, and with new models just around the corner, that they would be increasing their prices. i can see that their inventory seems to be less than a few months ago, they still have plenty of cars. when i check on the gm locator, many of the dealers have cars that have been there for 2-300 days. does this make sense to anyone?
Old 07-10-2009, 06:34 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,774 Likes on 973 Posts

Originally Posted by DocJackson1
as i am about to buy a vette in the next month or two, i have been carefully watching the prices at the supporting dealers. despite the fact that kerbeck has a bunch of vettes in stock, and that 2010 models are soon to be at the dealers, unless i am wrong, kerbeck seems to have today significantly decreased the discount that they are offering on 2009 cars. whereas they were offering up to $8-9,000 off on 3lt cars, it seems like that has just decreased to a bit better than $4000 or so. it is hard to understand why, in this economy, and with new models just around the corner, that they would be increasing their prices. i can see that their inventory seems to be less than a few months ago, they still have plenty of cars. when i check on the gm locator, many of the dealers have cars that have been there for 2-300 days. does this make sense to anyone?
I have tried to buy several on my Corvette's from Kerbeck, and bought a Vette from them in 00', just always did better at smaller local dealerships in terms of price, it was hard for me to believe. Now of course with wanting to buy a ZR1 GM forces you to have to deal with one of the larger dealerships, for me that is Reedman's or Kerbeck, and had less than good experiences with both of them, so I am still Vetteless.
Old 07-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Elganja
Instructor

i think the lower prices in the past were a result of GM Rebates / Incentives, not the actual dealership just marking down the prices out of the good of their hearts.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:22 AM
onefast99
Melting Slicks

Most of the lower prices seem to include a GM loyalty discount as well as a 60 month 0% finance rate or an additional 2k off, but not both. Nothing has changed with car dealers across America they all seem to work under the same premise, get as much as you can from those who don't do their homework before buying a car!
Old 07-10-2009, 08:23 AM
pewter99
Team Owner

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,202 Likes on 706 Posts
Pilot of Beer Force 1
Tampa Regional Coordinator
CI 4-5-6-7-8 Veteran
Organizer St. Jude Fundraiser
I believe in the Beer Fairy

have you called them?
Old 07-10-2009, 08:29 AM
RyanC7
Le Mans Master

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts

I am curious what the 10's will start off pricewise since the economy is in the crapper thanks to Obama and his changes.
Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 AM
KABAL182
Burning Brakes

Received 47 Likes on 32 Posts

the prices have changed for the 3lt. they were almost 8k off ,with $1000 gm loyalty rebate last week..z06 over 10k off.I dont get it?
Old 07-10-2009, 11:39 AM
ncvette_1FUNRIDE
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 260 Likes on 221 Posts
2015 C6 of the Year Finalist

Yes, advertised prices at Kerbeck have definitely gone up in the last few days (even taking into account the $1000 GM loyalty rebate that just expired). I have been tracking prices on many dealership websites and Kerbeck is not the only one that has decreased their discounts.

Fewer 2009 on the lots so they are not as desperate to move them at firesale prices. I think that from here on, $4000 to $7000 will be the range of discounts depending on MSRP.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:31 PM
DocJackson1
Instructor

Originally Posted by pewter99
have you called them?
actually, i emailed them as a customer looking to buy a vette, and i never received an answer (that was monday). i do think that some of the dealers, like kerbeck, have less cars, probably because gm is making less vettes. time will tell, but i am not sure if cutting the discount on 09's when 2010 cars, along with a new 2010 model (grandsport) is a good idea or not. i guess we will have to see if and when the 10k off happens after nov or not.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:15 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 615 Likes on 228 Posts

they are the worst at returning calls and messages.
Old 07-10-2009, 01:46 PM
MyOwn69
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RyanC6
I am curious what the 10's will start off pricewise since the economy is in the crapper thanks to Obama and his changes.
Where were you looking (or working) last summer and fall?
Old 07-10-2009, 02:25 PM
WickedQuik
Drifting

I just figured this all out..and it makes sense RIGHT, NOT.

After all GM EMERGED from bankruptcy this morning...business as it was...or usual.

Guess they still wont be selling me a new Z06.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:19 PM
FLGator
Instructor

Try Tony Aguirre at Les Stanford Chevrolet. I bought my 2009 from him and he was very responsive and great to deal with.
Old 07-10-2009, 04:33 PM
herman2p
Instructor

Originally Posted by MyOwn69
Where were you looking (or working) last summer and fall?
Old 07-10-2009, 05:18 PM
yanniz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by WickedQuik
I just figured this all out..and it makes sense RIGHT, NOT.

After all GM EMERGED from bankruptcy this morning...business as it was...or usual.

Guess they still wont be selling me a new Z06.
no kidding...New company now so all is well
Old 07-10-2009, 07:25 PM
ldimm
Instructor

Does everyone really think the large discounts that have been seen in the past months will last forever? If all us Corvette lovers want to be able to purchase these cars GM and the dealers will have to at some point begin to make a profit. No one really thinks that a car with a $81K sticker actually has enough profit built in to be able to offer $12K to $14K discounts at the retail level do they. These discounts we've seen were an attempt to raise cash pre-bankruptcy. Remember GM needed monthly cash and ended going to us for it....it still wasn't enough and they folded. They have "reorganized" and we now will begin to see prices go back to what they used to be or very close to it, same with the used car prices. We will begin to see the used prices appreciate as the dealers will begin giving more for trades as new prices stabilize. As the new car prices creep back up clean used cars will be in demand and as such they will go up. The low price private sale cars will still be out there because in many situations the owner is in a must sell situation. This is nothing new and has always been that way. GM will not build more cars then they can sell again....they can't. Kerbeck for years has been one of the largest Corvette dealers in the country. They got that way by offering a fair price but also by making a profit. We all used to look at their website to check out what the discounts were. Remember thinking $3K to 4K off was pretty good? I bet before long we will again, if Corvette is to survive or GM for that matter
Just my thoughts
Old 07-10-2009, 08:07 PM
ERACERX
Instructor

Some dealers in Atlanta did the same thing when GM announced the 0% for 72 deal on Silverados over the 4th of July weekend. They had them listed $7-8k off 2009's before the sale, then went to $3-4k. One lot had 77 Silverados before the sale and 73 after on July 6th.

A Toyota dealer offered me $5100 off MSRP on a 2010 Tundra on the lot(no special financing), yes 2010. And they had financing deals on 09's, too.

2009's are depreciating like a house on fire, but they still hold on to them.

I too am a little confused. I would like to stay loyal to the brand like I have for 20+ years, but they sure do make it hard. I was fortunate to take advantage of the 0%for 60 months on my Z06 last Fall, but I'll still shop around for a deal on a pickup.

Get notified of new replies

To Higher prices at Kerbeck

Old 07-10-2009, 10:51 PM
3GenVettes
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by ldimm
Does everyone really think the large discounts that have been seen in the past months will last forever? If all us Corvette lovers want to be able to purchase these cars GM and the dealers will have to at some point begin to make a profit. No one really thinks that a car with a $81K sticker actually has enough profit built in to be able to offer $12K to $14K discounts at the retail level do they. These discounts we've seen were an attempt to raise cash pre-bankruptcy. Remember GM needed monthly cash and ended going to us for it....it still wasn't enough and they folded. They have "reorganized" and we now will begin to see prices go back to what they used to be or very close to it, same with the used car prices. We will begin to see the used prices appreciate as the dealers will begin giving more for trades as new prices stabilize. As the new car prices creep back up clean used cars will be in demand and as such they will go up. The low price private sale cars will still be out there because in many situations the owner is in a must sell situation. This is nothing new and has always been that way. GM will not build more cars then they can sell again....they can't. Kerbeck for years has been one of the largest Corvette dealers in the country. They got that way by offering a fair price but also by making a profit. We all used to look at their website to check out what the discounts were. Remember thinking $3K to 4K off was pretty good? I bet before long we will again, if Corvette is to survive or GM for that matter
Just my thoughts

This is exactly what should and will happen if supply and demand are brought back into balance with each other. Factory shutdowns and slow down of production rates have occurred on Corvette. The over supply has been significantly reduced. Hopefully, price stability will return to the Vette market. The price free fall has hurt more people than it has helped IMO.

BTW in my dealings with Kerbeck they have been very upfront and fair.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:11 AM
DocJackson1
Instructor

Originally Posted by 3GenVettes

This is exactly what should and will happen if supply and demand are brought back into balance with each other. Factory shutdowns and slow down of production rates have occurred on Corvette. The over supply has been significantly reduced. Hopefully, price stability will return to the Vette market. The price free fall has hurt more people than it has helped IMO.

BTW in my dealings with Kerbeck they have been very upfront and fair.
i do agree with this general line of reasoning-i just think that the glut of 2-300 day old 09s are going to be a bit tough to move when the 2010 cars come out-in addition, consumers have become used to large discounts on vettes-they might stand on the sidelines waiting for large discounts again. by the way, if you talk about business as usual, many of the dealers are pumping the price of their camaros up 10 grand or so-alright, charge msrp if you think you have a hot car-there is no way that car is going to hold over list for more than a few months, if that. it is amususing to me about gm advertising to their customers on tv to come back, so that they can go back to their surviving dealers and see business as usual-a $24,000 camaro with a dealer installed stripe selling for $36,000
Old 07-11-2009, 06:28 AM
3GenVettes
Melting Slicks

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Since I too find big added dealer mark-ups (ADM) as disgusting as you do, I simply wait for the gotta have it today buyers to get out of the way. When that initial demand is over then I'm ready to buy. But my impression was that the original topic was deep discount not mark-ups. It should also be noted that not all dealers go the ADM route. I'm fortunate to have a good long standing relationship, and on hot moving cars he will charge me full MSRP but no ADM. Then its my choice to pay sticker or wait for discounts.

Quick Reply: Higher prices at Kerbeck