Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Craigster05's 2006 DSOM is sadly up for adoption

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Gillvette
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by keepintrack
I am new to Corvette Forum, but this is about the most beautiful C6 ever. I have a C2 and C3 and C5 and now I really want a C6.

For Craig, I hope this all works out as the testimonials from friends have been unbelievable.
Congrats! You got yourself a beautiful well cared for C-6.

Are you driving it back or shipping? Would be a nice drive.
Old 05-27-2009, 02:27 PM
C8-Vette
Safety Car

Received 302 Likes on 192 Posts

I am new to Corvette Forum, but this is about the most beautiful C6 ever. I have a C2 and C3 and C5 and now I really want a C6.

For Craig, I hope this all works out as the testimonials from friends have been unbelievable.
Richard,
When you bought Craig's Vette you should have taken the screen name "OneLuckyDick".
Al
Old 05-27-2009, 03:37 PM
keepintrack
Heel & Toe

This was an easy decision. Beautiful and unique C6 and the unbelievable testimonials from Craig's friends. I woke up at 4 am to watch for Craig's acceptance of my offer to buy from last night.

I initially wanted to drive Vetastic from New York to Chicago, but after talking with Craig, it is most prudent to drive my truck and trailer out and load her on board.

But Vetastic will be driven to Bloomington Gold and Mid America Funfest for sure.

I am picking Vetastic up on my 66 th birthday and also my start of semi-retirement.

Vetastic will always be Craig's C6 and I will be its temporary care taker.

My wife hopes it will stop me from vintage racing my 72 GT1 Corvette and that Craig will teach me how to detail her 98 Pace Car to the same standards as Vetastic.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:55 PM
VETFEVER
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 661 Likes on 443 Posts

Congrats - beautiful car and it would have been mine if posted a year ago.

Will be at BG - driving there of course - and will look for it to see it in person and meet the new caretaker....
Old 05-28-2009, 04:15 AM
SpinMonster
Tech Contributor

Received 178 Likes on 124 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11

This was an easy decision. Beautiful and unique C6 and the unbelievable testimonials from Craig's friends. I woke up at 4 am to watch for Craig's acceptance of my offer to buy from last night.

I initially wanted to drive Vetastic from New York to Chicago, but after talking with Craig, it is most prudent to drive my truck and trailer out and load her on board.

But Vetastic will be driven to Bloomington Gold and Mid America Funfest for sure.

I am picking Vetastic up on my 66 th birthday and also my start of semi-retirement.

Vetastic will always be Craig's C6 and I will be its temporary care taker.

My wife hopes it will stop me from vintage racing my 72 GT1 Corvette and that Craig will teach me how to detail her 98 Pace Car to the same standards as Vetastic.
As the designer and co-builder of the head-cam package on your new car, I wanted to let you know that if you ever need any input of info on the build, I am here for the free support. That car is as sound as any I know of. You may not have been there for the build but suffice it to say that two close friends had the time of their lives doing the job and made some of the best memories any two guys wrenching could have made. Lots of smiles were made with that pampered car.

Craig, all this means is that you will likely be more comfy with what I will do to your next vette. I have ideas to build on my car's strengths!! When you get here and feel north of 700 to the wheels you wont resist. I'll see you soon when i get there in June. I miss you brother.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:24 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'11-'12

You two will spend many hours talking and probably not even get around to my car...there aren't many guys I know of that know the delicacies and rewards of tweaking a carburetored track car any more....maybe we'll even go visit Richard so I can detail that Pace Car for him.

Thank you for all you helped me with Guy...my car would never have become the Jekyll and Hyde monster that it is without your guidance, support and unmatched friendship over enough shrimp and wings to feed a small continent. I miss you too, brother...and I'll be out to convalesce with you and RJ soon...let me know when he is returning to Iraq, Id like to get there before he leaves...and yes, the next project will be fun, even though it may have to be an A6, I know it will be the ultimate slingshot with you designing....I even have an idea to transplant a DSG...but lets see how good the Doctor is first.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:17 PM
C U IN REARVEIW
Le Mans Master

Received 110 Likes on 101 Posts

what color is this.....beautiful!!!
Old 06-02-2009, 01:47 PM
bonesbr549
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jeremyknapp
what color is this.....beautiful!!!
It's DSOM Daytona Sunset Orange Matallic. I think 06 was the last year for it.
Old 06-07-2009, 07:49 PM
keepintrack
Heel & Toe

Craig's beautiful 2006 DSOM Vetastic is securely inside my trailer and partially to its new home in Elgin, Illinois area. Craig made my trip to Long Island NY a real pleasure. Also thanks to Kevin in Port Jefferson who so graciously stored my truck and trailer overnight. Vetastic is a Corvette that was everything that Craig had described. The paint is treated to a polishing beyond perfect and the motor is putting out enormous horsepower. The Vetastic will be in Chicago Corvette Club parking at Bloomington Gold. Wish I could keep the license plates, but Illinois does not allow as many letters as Vetastic. Thanks Craig for trusting me with Vetastic. God bless with your future and operation.
Old 06-08-2009, 07:31 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Richard, you are a consumate gentleman, and it was a pleasure meeting you. From the first moment we spoke, until the very difficult departure, you made the entire process much less painful than it had to be. I feel that the car has gone to the right family, and your smile and giddy laughter on our first run was priceless. I was prideful in my car, having such great friends and tuners help me to build it, but when someone with your credentials can be so impressed, I felt great pride in handing you the keys to a car worthy of your talents.

I hope you dont mind me telling a little about you. Richard was a very successful IMSA class racer that has raced the 24 Daytona, Road America and countless races around the world during his career. He ran successful circuit in a Lola for AJ Foyt, and he was on Ken Lingenfelter's "Wish I could Meet" MySpace page (which was finally accomplished). Richard driving talent is so legendary, he was recruited to Bowling Green by the senior designers and engineers to teach the track capabilities of the new ZR-1! It was an honor to watch my car being driven and praised by someone of Richard's experience and here nothing but praise. Guy, Chuck, Tony, and Ed....please stand up and take a bow!

Vetastic is being added to a stable of Corvette race cars kept at Richard's Race Shop, where it will no doubt have wonderful life. It will be a pleasure to visit it next year as Richard has invited me to his home to drive it in the parade at Bloomington Gold.

Thanks for welcoming me as your friend, Richard...and to everyone here that helped see me through the entire process with your kind words and prayers. I'll still be hanging around, and hopefully will start a new project again before long.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:15 AM
Freestyler
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Craigster05

.. I'll still be hanging around, and hopefully will start a new project again before long.
how bout an update on things Craigster.. this is an older thread, so hopefully there is more atomic orange sunlight in your days or near future?
Old 02-08-2011, 10:44 AM
Craigster05
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Things are well, and I am actively looking for a replacement as we speak. My car has a great home and Ive been lucky enough to become great friends with the new owner. Ive been contacted by a few good guys with very nice cars...but so far still searching for the perfect combo....I dont know if Atomic Orange will be it...right now Im look for JSB first, but we will see.

You may even see one the first NY 454 C6s who knows?? As I said in my search thread...Spin and I are bored and need a new project. As they say, "There is no replacement for displacement"
Old 02-08-2011, 10:52 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Craig's beautiful 2006 DSOM Vetastic is securely inside my trailer and partially to its new home in Elgin, Illinois area. Craig made my trip to Long Island NY a real pleasure. Also thanks to Kevin in Port Jefferson who so graciously stored my truck and trailer overnight. Vetastic is a Corvette that was everything that Craig had described. The paint is treated to a polishing beyond perfect and the motor is putting out enormous horsepower. The Vetastic will be in Chicago Corvette Club parking at Bloomington Gold. Wish I could keep the license plates, but Illinois does not allow as many letters as Vetastic. Thanks Craig for trusting me with Vetastic. God bless with your future and operation.

Car has been sold for some time now.

Quick Reply: Craigster05's 2006 DSOM is sadly up for adoption