Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

2006 M6, Z51, 3LT, 16k miles

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 11:59 PM
SoonerC6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2006 M6, Z51, 3LT, 16k miles

SOLD!!! Thanks CF!

2006 – C6 –16k miles
Black
manual 6 speed
Z51
3LT
Price: $29,500
See pics below

It a Z51 and since it’s the 3LT trim, it has every option possible except navigation. It's got heated seats, heads-up display, Onstar, Homelink, BOSE, etc…. oh and it has both tops! (painted and clear/glass). The painted top is actually brand new as of about 6 months ago (had it replaced through the recall).

It’s black, only has approx 16,700 miles and is in great condition. I bought it last year (May ’11) from this thread:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...ack-black.html

At that time it had 12,063 miles on it and as of today it has right around 16,700. I picked it up in Kentucky, and drove it back to OK where it is now. So about 800 of the miles I put on it were on the drive back (and the only time it ever saw rain since then as well). The owner at that time had just moved to KY from Alaska, so that’s why it has an AK tag in the above thread (he hauled in on a trailer from AK).

The paint is in great shape. It’s black, so there are a few chips near the front if you look closely. I used GM black touch up paint on them; so you have to look pretty close to see any of them. The interior is perfect; no problems at all… Seats are still in great shape too.

Right when I got it home with it I changed the oil/filter, and have done so twice since then (maybe overboard, but I enjoy doing it). Also, I used the Ranger method obsessively for the clutch fluid; and it’s nice and clear/amber (see pic below). Also I put RP Synchromax in the transmission, changed the power steering fluid (just because), and had a dealership change out the rear differential fluid. Needless to say, I babied this car over the last year. Oh and I have used Zaino clay-bar and polish on it twice as well.

I understand the appeal of a bone stock car (knowing it’s never been abused etc), and while I have done a few basic mods, I promise you I drive it like a grandpa (no offense to grandpas). I basically modded it because I love to work on my cars, not to drive it hard or race it. It’s never been to a strip, or raced in any way. I’ve honestly never even done a burnout in it. The only time it was ever even up near the redline was on two dyno runs while getting tuned. The mods I added (all installed by me) are as follows:

-Vararam Intake
-Formato ported throttle body
-Fast 102 intake (painted black by me)
-LG Street series headers, WITH cats (have off-road pipes as well though if you’re interested)
-Borla Stingers
-Tuned by XP Racing in OKC – Car put down 383rwhp/386tq – Only did two full throttle runs because I wasn’t concerned with getting every last bit out of it; just wanted a good/conservative tune to go w/ the mods.

Buyer will get all stock parts as well, except the stock intake manifold because I sold it on here back in the fall. But I’ve got everything else though (air intake, shroud, full exhaust, engine covers, etc)… I also have a car cover that will go with it too. The front tires are almost new (replaced them last fall), and the rears are original and have some tread left on them. I also have 1 almost new rear tire I never installed the buyer will get as well. (Found a great deal on a barely used one)

I personally think the way this car is setup now is perfect. It drives stock, but has about 50ish extra hp from stock when you want to get on it. And personally I think the sound is perfect as well. The Stingers with the catted headers are tame when cruising, but throaty/aggressive when you want them to be.

I had planned on keeping it for a long time, but now I’m thinking about going back to school next fall, so I’m just going to put it out there and see if there’s interest. It’s not imperative that I sell it asap, so while I’m open to offers, please no low-balling…. And sorry but no trades. I’m being as honest as possible here. I bought it last year for $29.5k (see thread above), which was a great deal considering the mileage, options and the great shape it’s in… And based on the current market price, and the fact that I put in about $3k in extras since then, $29,500 is where I’m putting my price at now. If I can’t get near that, I’ll just return it to stock, and go to autotrader/ebay. The KBB on it is from $30k-$33k. Please let me know if you have questions, and/or pm me for any other info.

Last edited by SoonerC6; 04-06-2012 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:00 AM
SoonerC6
Racer

Old 04-04-2012, 12:02 AM
SoonerC6
Racer

Old 04-04-2012, 12:04 AM
SoonerC6
Racer

Old 04-04-2012, 12:06 AM
SoonerC6
Racer

Old 04-04-2012, 07:10 PM
love my car
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice car wish you were somewhat closer
Old 04-04-2012, 08:26 PM
SoonerC6
Racer

Thanks... There's always uship.com!
Old 04-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Mustang302
Intermediate

Looks really nice. Any consideration in a trade for a 2012 Mustang GT 6 Speed with 7k miles?

Edit: Sorry, just saw you wrote no trades

Last edited by Mustang302; 04-04-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:18 PM
SoonerC6
Racer

Yeah sorry no trades... I can see where you may miss that since i wrote a novel up there.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:19 AM
love my car
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SoonerC6
Thanks... There's always uship.com!
Buying a car site unseen is something some folks do all the time ,but i just couldnt do it......But this is what im looking for price wise and the low miles.Good luck with selling her
Old 04-05-2012, 02:31 PM
SoonerC6
Racer

Yeah I've done it 3 times now without any issues... But I completely understand.
Old 04-06-2012, 04:58 PM
SoonerC6
Racer

Sale pending...
Old 04-06-2012, 08:11 PM
SoonerC6
Racer

Sold!

Get notified of new replies

To 2006 M6, Z51, 3LT, 16k miles