Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Can anyone explain?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:07 AM
tjkzo6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default The real question

[QUOTE=C5ontrack]First of all its not $60K, for most of us, its $45K.
Secondly no one is saying that a dealer shouldn't make a profit or recoup his costs, advertising or otherwise...and GM's advertising policies with the dealer is not in question. The question is if some dealers are asking for an advertising fee upfront then that can be (and is) negotiated along with the total purchase price, up front.

Frankly the original question was simply "What was LAM?" And why did it add almost a grand to the invoice, nothing more nothing less...and geezz nobody was complaining about it or not allowing the dealer to make a profit or ripping anyone else off, etc.

I am entertained by the posts condeming shrewd negotiations and I'm reminded of the little old couple who reportedly paid MSRP becuase they thought the dealer was "due that amount." As I've reminded a couple of local dealers, repeat business comes at a cost sometimes. Frankly dealers nowadays should be focused on moving another unit - quickly, not making a killing on each and everyone. But some learn that lesson more quickly than others.

At the end of the day, I got a GREAT deal, I am happy with my local dealer and set to take delivery mid Feb. after the private sale of my '03 Z goes through.

Looking forward to being a C6 Vert driver - my first vert!
Old 01-31-2006, 05:20 AM
vette-freak
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tjkzo6
OK in final negotiations on a new 06 Vert and I'm looking over the invoice and I see the following two lines;

LAM Dealer Contribution
LAM Group Contribution

Can anyone explain what these are please?

These two line items add to the invoice total to the tune of $944 total.

Car was built 9/22/05 and reflects the "old" pricing - should the $500 discount off the base model apply to this car?

I knew you guys would know this!

Thanks in advance, TJ
LAM= local advertising and marketing
If the dealer sells numours brands of cars (big volume dealers do that) their ad cost is compiled together and submitted to GM in hopes of obtaining the largest LAM they can. If paid by you, you may be helping your dealer to pay for his Toyota ads (that you hate) on tv.

Quick Reply: Can anyone explain?