Notices
C6 Corvettes for Sale Private Classifieds, Used C6 Corvettes For Sale, and Modified or Stock Corvettes

Looking for GMS help

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 07:25 AM
0spoiled996
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12
Default Looking for GMS help

Does anyone know of where i can find a dealership that is currently taking GMS ( supplier ) pricing? Of if anyone has any GM in the Driveways discounts left please let me know. I am anxious to join the c6 club.

thanks
Old 02-14-2005, 10:09 AM
Z064life
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by spoiled996
Does anyone know of where i can find a dealership that is currently taking GMS ( supplier ) pricing? Of if anyone has any GM in the Driveways discounts left please let me know. I am anxious to join the c6 club.

thanks
Just an FYI, when you call a dealership ask for GM Supplier Pricing. GMS is Employee Pricing. Also, if you qualify for GM Supplier, GM in the Driveway discount won't help. It is the same.

The dealership I know of that was accepting discounts no longer is. I'll repost when they start again
Old 02-14-2005, 11:44 AM
0spoiled996
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

i know the GM supplier # is only good for 30 days. I do not want to take possession until April 10th. So i can use that at that time for a car on a lot, or if i was to special order a car would i need to take out my # now or when the car is delivered to be financed? thanks!
Old 02-14-2005, 03:16 PM
callenga
Cruising

You may want to check out the shelf life on the supplier discount. I received mine in December and was told it was good for 6 months. Perhaps it's different for different suppliers.

I think I'll check on mine to make sure it's still valid.
Old 02-14-2005, 06:35 PM
LongTimer
Drifting

Originally Posted by Z064life
Just an FYI, when you call a dealership ask for GM Supplier Pricing. GMS is Employee Pricing. Also, if you qualify for GM Supplier, GM in the Driveway discount won't help. It is the same.

The dealership I know of that was accepting discounts no longer is. I'll repost when they start again
Right. I was told that the supplier and "GM in the driveway" treat the sale as if the it never touched the dealer's lot - they get no credit for a sale of a C6 so they are not motivated to participate in the program. This after I got all worked up when my company became a GM supplier.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:11 AM
rbl
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

This is not correct. The dealer gets about $850 rebate from GM and they end up making about $2500 on the deal with the LAM and holdback money. Additionally, the car comes out of their allocation and it also helps build their allocation.

The authorization is valid for 6 months.

Originally Posted by LongTimer
Right. I was told that the supplier and "GM in the driveway" treat the sale as if the it never touched the dealer's lot - they get no credit for a sale of a C6 so they are not motivated to participate in the program. This after I got all worked up when my company became a GM supplier.
Old 02-16-2005, 10:50 AM
zman3
Racer

One point of interest, based on what I read on the "GM in the Driveway" web page:

Apparently if you buy a car through the GM in the Driveway program (which equates to supplier pricing) you can still use your GM card earnings if you have any. I did this on my 04 convertible last August. The web page also says that if you get the supplier pricing by being a GM supplier (not GM in the Driveway program) you can no longer use your GM card earnings. This apparently changed sometime last year.

Near the end of the FAQ section of:

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com
Old 02-16-2005, 02:23 PM
MyBabyLovesVette
Instructor

Default GM Supplier

I'm also looking for dealers who will accept the GM Supplier discount. Someone here said concentrate in OH or Kentucky. I called all around dealers in CA. No one want to take the discount now. They said they might in April. Who knows. Oh if it helps, I heard dealers are more likely to take In The Driveway then the GM Supplier. If anyone have any dealers you want to point my way, pls PM me.. thankss....
Old 02-16-2005, 03:44 PM
jp22575

I know a guy in Michigan named Scott Pratt

He can get you a New Corvette today.
give him a call 248-889-3232
Old 02-17-2005, 03:48 PM
NoThugs
Instructor

I just ordered my C6 through a local dealer, who accepted the GM Supplier pricing, here in Northern California. Les Stanford, was also willing to sell me one off the lot at GMS price.

Last edited by NoThugs; 02-17-2005 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:59 PM
0spoiled996
Former Vendor

St. Jude Donor '12

I will have to try them out then!!!

Get notified of new replies

To Looking for GMS help

Quick Reply: Looking for GMS help