Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Service Active Handling

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2014, 12:08 PM
Finster07
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Service Active Handling

Well, I've had my 2011 ZR1 for just over a week now. Have to say it looks awesome, and it's pulls like crazy. However, it has it's issues. Hopefully the new battery I installed in the car, and the new battery in the FOB will fix some of the issues.

I commute 20 miles one way, and on every commute, the 'Service Active Handling' message comes on at about 10 miles. It's done this about 10 times now. I'm on the Interstate at 65mph or so and don't know of anything that I'm doing to set it off.

I have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow to do their thing. I have to admit, I'm damn uneasy dropping this car off at the dealership. I wish there was some way around it.

Any thoughts on a quick, home fix?

Last edited by Finster07; 07-08-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 03:49 PM
FAsnakes
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Finster07
Well, I've had my 2011 ZR1 for just over a week now. Have to say it looks awesome, and it's pulls like crazy. However, it has it's issues. Hopefully the new battery I installed in the car, and the new battery in the FOB will fix some of the issues.

I commute 20 miles one way, and on every commute, the 'Service Active Handling' message comes on at about 10 miles. It's done this about 10 times now. I'm on the Interstate at 65mph or so and don't know of anything that I'm doing to set it off.

I have an appointment with the dealership tomorrow to do their thing. I have to admit, I'm damn uneasy dropping this car off at the dealership. I wish there was some way around it.

Just take it in and have the dealer sort it out.
Old 07-08-2014, 09:01 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

new tires, rims?
Old 07-09-2014, 12:06 AM
Finster07
Pro

Originally Posted by 05dsom
new tires, rims?
No, it's all stock with the original tires. I will drop it off in the morning and let them figure it out.
Old 07-09-2014, 12:42 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Either battery or wheel speed sensor.
Old 07-09-2014, 05:44 AM
Z06Ronald
Melting Slicks

Received 39 Likes on 27 Posts

Hi Vic, I hope that my following recent post can help you on a quick home fix: http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...post1587310257
Old 07-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Finster07
Pro

Dealership called me and said after their diagnostic, they found a bad steering wheel sensor. They had to order it and were supposed to install it today. Hopefully they will be done with it tomorrow.

Old 07-14-2014, 07:30 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

Dealership called me and said after their diagnostic, they found a bad steering wheel sensor. They had to order it and were supposed to install it today. Hopefully they will be done with it tomorrow.

Finster07,

Thanks for your update! It's great to hear that the dealer ordered a new sensor for you. Please let us know how the vehicle operates moving forward and don't hesitate to message us if any additional questions or concerns arise.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-15-2014, 02:03 AM
FAsnakes
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 25 Posts

This is crazy, just had the same error pop up the other day.. Service ABS, Service Active Handling - on my 2011 ZR1.

Took it in to the dealer today and the diagnosis is :: left wheel speed sensor (or something like that).. . She's spending the night and should be ready tomorrow.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:53 PM
Finster07
Pro

Originally Posted by Chevy Cust Svc
Finster07,

Thanks for your update! It's great to hear that the dealer ordered a new sensor for you. Please let us know how the vehicle operates moving forward and don't hesitate to message us if any additional questions or concerns arise.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
I appreciate your post! I just picked the car up today. Looking forward to driving it this week.
Thanks
Vic
Old 07-15-2014, 09:46 PM
Chevy Cust Svc
Race Director

Received 677 Likes on 504 Posts

I appreciate your post! I just picked the car up today. Looking forward to driving it this week.
Thanks
Vic
You're welcome Vic,

I'm sure the driving experience will be very enjoyable .

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-25-2014, 09:40 PM
Gordon Sanoff
Navigator

Default Service active handling

hi had the alignment done and it was way off. The active handling prompt went off

Get notified of new replies

To Service Active Handling

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Service Active Handling