Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Mantic clutch for LS9 ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2014, 07:09 AM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Mantic clutch for LS9 ???

Does Mantic make a clutch for the LS9 nine bolt crank ? I'm unable to find it if they do and I've had several people recommend it....
Old 06-17-2014, 07:34 AM
Ballbearingturbo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard not yet. Could be wrong.
Old 06-17-2014, 06:28 PM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ballbearingturbo
I've heard not yet. Could be wrong.
Well poop....might be stuck with the RXT
Old 06-17-2014, 07:01 PM
ace32x
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Don't believe they do
Old 06-18-2014, 10:19 AM
0ggerko
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Guys...I'm the new Mantic Rep for North America. We are working on the 9 bolt but we do not have it available just yet.

You're most welcome to contact me with any questions you have...just please know I may not be on this forum often as I have a very full plate right now. Mantic is growing quite rapidly...which is a great challenge to have.

You can also reach me through your local Mantic Dealer as I'm in contact with most of them quite frequently.
Old 06-18-2014, 12:36 PM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,083 Likes on 655 Posts

We have several people people waiting patiently, hopefully soon!
Old 06-18-2014, 07:43 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ggerko
Hey Guys...I'm the new Mantic Rep for North America. We are working on the 9 bolt but we do not have it available just yet.

You're most welcome to contact me with any questions you have...just please know I may not be on this forum often as I have a very full plate right now. Mantic is growing quite rapidly...which is a great challenge to have.

You can also reach me through your local Mantic Dealer as I'm in contact with most of them quite frequently.
Well get a sample out to ECS so we can test 1 out
Old 06-18-2014, 08:53 PM
0Cunningham Motorsports
Former Vendor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

hope they do soon.... right now its either a rxt or rps
Old 06-21-2014, 07:23 AM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Unfortunately my car has already been down to long to wait for many of the upcoming clutch offerings. I'm genuinely surprised that the nine bolt configuration poses that much of a difference in machining....and that's coming from a background in prototype cnc and tier 1 experience.

I suspect the real issue is the relatively low volume of the LS9....that its hard to justify a special machine program for an odd ball configuration. (Given EVERY other LS uses the same 6 bolt design)

I understand Monster clutch has their new LT1 setup for the nine bolt ready....but sadly they never return my calls or state some wait period that borders on insanity.
Old 06-21-2014, 01:12 PM
ace32x
Drifting

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Six-Gun-Todd
Unfortunately my car has already been down to long to wait for many of the upcoming clutch offerings. I'm genuinely surprised that the nine bolt configuration poses that much of a difference in machining....and that's coming from a background in prototype cnc and tier 1 experience.

I suspect the real issue is the relatively low volume of the LS9....that its hard to justify a special machine program for an odd ball configuration. (Given EVERY other LS uses the same 6 bolt design)

I understand Monster clutch has their new LT1 setup for the nine bolt ready....but sadly they never return my calls or state some wait period that borders on insanity.
It's not just the fly wheel. Slave spacing and bell housing and a few other things were different to my understanding when talking to McLeod on why their new street twin wasn't fitting like they said it was suppose to
Old 06-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Dave Schotz
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

RPS for the WIN IMO... loving mine.
Old 07-14-2014, 09:37 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Anybody have this guys number
Old 07-14-2014, 09:45 PM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZBADESTZ
Anybody have this guys number
The new guy working there seems to be good about returning calls....but the 4-5 week wait time just tweaked me so bad I ordered the RXT same day. Very nice piece and I ordered it through a full McLeod dealer who promised it would fit first time....
Old 07-14-2014, 10:09 PM
ZBADESTZ@Straightline
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by Six-Gun-Todd
The new guy working there seems to be good about returning calls....but the 4-5 week wait time just tweaked me so bad I ordered the RXT same day. Very nice piece and I ordered it through a full McLeod dealer who promised it would fit first time....
what fly wheel did you get?
Old 07-14-2014, 10:14 PM
Six-Gun-Todd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ZBADESTZ
what fly wheel did you get?
Originally I was intent on using the McLeod steel one but I heard rumblings about stack up issues with anything but the factory flywheel....so factory flywheel it is....

Heard the same about the Lingenfelter one as well actually and with the power potential of my setup I wasn't worried about a couple pounds
Old 07-23-2014, 09:48 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,083 Likes on 655 Posts

First one is on it's way to the customer, there are no fitment issues or "testing" necessary when dealing with a company like Mantic. We are awaiting a larger shipment of them shortly.

Old 07-23-2014, 10:39 AM
Ballbearingturbo
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
First one is on it's way to the customer, there are no fitment issues or "testing" necessary when dealing with a company like Mantic. We are awaiting a larger shipment of them shortly.
What's the hp and trq rating in these?

Get notified of new replies

To Mantic clutch for LS9 ???

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Mantic clutch for LS9 ???