Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] LPE 710 package VS. Porting stock snout and pulley upgrade?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2014, 12:21 AM
RPO_Z06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Default LPE 710 package VS. Porting stock snout and pulley upgrade?

So i'm on the fence here, I have an extra stock snout and was really dead set on having that and the throttle body ported and adding a 10-bolt hub with a 2.60 pulley and getting a tune but the bug really hit and now I'm thinking of ditching the idea and going the LPE 710 route and an upgraded heat exchanger. Any advise would be welcome.

-

Jamie
Old 04-22-2014, 12:40 AM
Dave Schotz
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

LPE 710 FTW, you'll love the package! (IMO)

Dave
Old 04-22-2014, 07:04 AM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

go for it since you have no other chooses I had one on my x ZR1 and was amazing to play with but not fast enough for me XD
Old 04-22-2014, 08:43 AM
bad habit bird
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you have an extra TB and snout I have to ask. Why not just port them and add a pulley? Sure, you won't gain quite as much as the LPE setup, but you will be saving over 2k by just porting what you have. You can put that money towards headers and a tune for everything and probably net more power than the LPE kit alone.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:05 AM
RPO_Z06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by bad habit bird
Since you have an extra TB and snout I have to ask. Why not just port them and add a pulley? Sure, you won't gain quite as much as the LPE setup, but you will be saving over 2k by just porting what you have. You can put that money towards headers and a tune for everything and probably net more power than the LPE kit alone.

Your basically asking what I'm asking, this was my original plan but I can't find anything that really shows what the gains are on this vs the LPE setup.
As a side note I'm not having LPE install the kit if I go that route, I'll be doing it myself and then taking it for tune afterwards, same scenario on the other setup if I were to go that way.
Plus the added expense of having the TB, snout ported and the hub and pulley installed vs just buying the LPE kit ready to install.

Get notified of new replies

To LPE 710 package VS. Porting stock snout and pulley upgrade?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] LPE 710 package VS. Porting stock snout and pulley upgrade?