Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] All season tires for ~ZR1?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2014, 04:26 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Default All season tires for ~ZR1?

I'm picking up a C7Z06 as soon as it comes out, which will likely be in the dead of winter and cup tires probably won't cut it. As I'm sure you all know it has the same size tires and wheels as the ZR1.

I plan to daily drive this thing and would love to know what a good AllSeason/Winter tire is. I understand that this may be a ridiculous question but I thought I'd ask anyway. I don't see a lot of snows in 335 sizes out there.

...But if you had a set of wheels that had cup tires for the summer and you planned to drive your car as much as you could the rest of the year, what tires would you put on that second set of wheels? Also, if those second set of wheels need to be a different size to accommodate a winter tire I'm also all ears. :

Thanks!

Best,
Gene
Old 04-20-2014, 06:24 PM
WeaponsGradeTorque
Melting Slicks

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

C7Z06 Daily Driver? I LOVE the idea. Enjoy it every day.

Maybe I should do the same. So, now I am

Originally Posted by phantasms
I'm picking up a C7Z06 as soon as it comes out, which will likely be in the dead of winter and cup tires probably won't cut it. As I'm sure you all know it has the same size tires and wheels as the ZR1.

I plan to daily drive this thing and would love to know what a good AllSeason/Winter tire is. I understand that this may be a ridiculous question but I thought I'd ask anyway. I don't see a lot of snows in 335 sizes out there.

...But if you had a set of wheels that had cup tires for the summer and you planned to drive your car as much as you could the rest of the year, what tires would you put on that second set of wheels? Also, if those second set of wheels need to be a different size to accommodate a winter tire I'm also all ears. :

Thanks!

Best,
Gene
Old 04-20-2014, 07:00 PM
ProEFI
Supremacy 1 car at a time
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Gene, let the mini runs in winter and leave the Z at home thats a good chance to use the AS tires good luck with finding them but I'll keep it if it's snowy in NY as I keep it here in summer cause of the over heat!!
Old 04-20-2014, 09:00 PM
phantasms
Leeds.io
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 398 Likes on 239 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by baro0k@eXtermination
Gene, let the mini runs in winter and leave the Z at home thats a good chance to use the AS tires good luck with finding them but I'll keep it if it's snowy in NY as I keep it here in summer cause of the over heat!!
haha thanks man. I'll keep the Mini around till the tune finally blows it up but the wife and I will only have the JCW Mini and C7 Z06 when the time comes. It would be nice to be able to drive both cars throughout the winter. I'm not looking to take it out in snowstorms, but I'd like a tire that works in cold weather. When the Mini eventually dies, I'll replace it with something that's baby ready (M3, GTR ), but that still leaves us with only one winter car if I can't get winter friendly tires for this thing.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:20 PM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

Just put some chains on it and you should be good...
Old 04-22-2014, 07:15 PM
PRE-Z06
Race Director

Received 2,054 Likes on 1,306 Posts

The widest all-season/snow tires I've seen are 295/35R18 and there are a few options...that would need a custom 18x10.5 for the rear, hope that helps in some way.

Actually there are 295/30r19 and 295/30r20 available for 11" wide rims that could work lol
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....=yes&tab=Specs

Last edited by PRE-Z06; 04-22-2014 at 07:18 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To All season tires for ~ZR1?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] All season tires for ~ZR1?