Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Getting ready to hit the dyno!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 10:07 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by TWS Racing

Even after reading the thread, I'm not 100% sure of Timmy's mod list. Mine is Torq Speed Lab's ZR800 build package. Basically pulleys, ported Lingenfelter snout, Lingenfelter air intake, NW102 TB, cam, springs, pushrods, Kooks LT's and Kooks X pipe, ID 850's, larger heat exchanger. Heads are untouched.

I just recently converted to flex fuel and expect some good gains once we get it on the dyno and tune the PE alcohol table and spark adder for alcohol table. Right now I just have flex fuel enable and variable stoich AFR in the ECM so that I can drive it on E85, but gains have not been realized yet.
Same thing minus cam and injectors. 94 is what is the most noticeable variant in this. My lpe snout is ported to 104MM. HE won't had power. So cam would be your difference with me.
Old 04-11-2014, 10:58 PM
Al3x_666
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I need to fix my wheels issue ASAP to make a ride with the two black ZR1 and the black Katech Z06 !

And may be Jody with his nice convert monster!

Old 04-12-2014, 10:41 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

videos and dyno chart coming soon....
Old 04-12-2014, 04:32 PM
enufpwr
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 5 Posts

AWESOME Numbers!!! Congrats!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:23 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
Nice to meet you yesterday Jody and Alex too. Phil if you only stick to bash federal then leave. They are first class shop and don't deserve any of this BS. Thanks.
I am not bashing federal Tommy they tuned my car and i am very satisfied,so dont spread b.s!All i am saying is the dyno numbers on this dyno are not even close to what the car really makes at the rear wheels.Maybe you like your ego stroked but in reality you are making no more than 620 at the wheels .He se got an axle dyno and when your wheels go on the car,horsepower goes away.Tu as des grosses roues et quand tu fais un essaie sur le quart de mile tes roues sont sur l auto pas sur le plancher dans la shop. I hope you understand .Toutes les shops avec des roller dynos sont d accord a zr1 with a 710 kit like yours makes 610 h.p at the rear wheels and thats nothing to laugh at.cam and head cars make 640 to 650,not more.Your car in stock form makes 520 rwhp do you really believe that adding headers ,a pulley and a few things adds 190 h.p????????IMPOSSIBLE.Your car looks great by the way ,love the spoiler and the new tires.
Old 04-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by camirocz
He se got an axle dyno and when your wheels go on the car,horsepower goes away. Your car in stock form makes 520 rwhp do you really believe that adding headers ,a pulley and a few things adds 190 h.p????????
It honestly doesn't matter what RWHP number a dyno spits out. What matters is the delta (i.e. gains). Always, always, always make a few baseline pulls on the same dyno prior to doing any mods so you know what you've actually gained. I'm guessing he doesn't have any baseline pulls, so this is a pretty worthless thing to be arguing about.

Oh... and I hate to be that guy, but I'll say it anyway: paragraphs are your friend.
Old 04-14-2014, 10:36 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Really does suck that all the clients of federal, ECS, and all the other shops that use dynopacs are getting bogus inflated numbers. I'm sure they are very unhappy.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:15 AM
narush
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Awesome Timmy glad everything worked out and anytime ya need someting don't hesitate to ask.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:51 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Really does suck that all the clients of federal, ECS, and all the other shops that use dynopacs are getting bogus inflated numbers. I'm sure they are very unhappy.
They dont use dynapacs.All the top shops use roller dynos to give accurate rwhp numbers.Why dont you ask straight out what a given car with specific mods dynos on a roller dyno.I am sure there are some big name shops both here and in the states whose owners are willing to clear this matter up for us.
Old 04-18-2014, 08:23 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

They dont use dynapacs.All the top shops use roller dynos to give accurate rwhp numbers.Why dont you ask straight out what a given car with specific mods dynos on a roller dyno.I am sure there are some big name shops both here and in the states whose owners are willing to clear this matter up for us.
More crap from the runaway freight train of bad information you post. ECS and many big shops use Dynapaks and swear by them.

We should ask them as you say. I wonder if you would believe what a respected shop like ECS might say ??? Somehow I doubt it.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...s-dynojet.html

Last edited by realcanuk; 04-18-2014 at 08:31 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:51 AM
Fartpipe
Le Mans Master

Received 115 Likes on 70 Posts

Old 04-30-2014, 09:12 AM
DOUG @ ECS
Premium Supporting Vendor

Location: Providing the most proven supercharger kits for your C5/6/7 609-752-0321
Received 1,086 Likes on 657 Posts

Originally Posted by realcanuk
More crap from the runaway freight train of bad information you post. ECS and many big shops use Dynapaks and swear by them.

We should ask them as you say. I wonder if you would believe what a respected shop like ECS might say ??? Somehow I doubt it.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c5-t...s-dynojet.html

We sold our $40,000 dollar Dyno Jet to buy an $80,000 DynoPack. Why? Because it's a better tuning tool.
Old 04-30-2014, 10:12 AM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Yeah, I don't have camirocz on ignore because it's always funny to see what kind of wild nonsense he is going to post next.

I wonder if he even knows what a Dynapack is... much less actually used one.

My 2011 ZR1 on a Dynapack...
Attached Images  
Old 04-30-2014, 11:36 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Yeah, I don't have camirocz on ignore because it's always funny to see what kind of wild nonsense he is going to post next.

Old 04-30-2014, 02:38 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by DOUG @ ECS
We sold our $40,000 dollar Dyno Jet to buy an $80,000 DynoPack. Why? Because it's a better tuning tool.
there you go!!!!

Guys and gal, i've been really busy lately. I still need to swing by Federal to get my handheld and my dyno charts!! For those none believer.... I hit almost 15 PSI while dynoing, so that alone explain high numbers! Even my tuner was shocked outta the outcomes!
Before someone quote me, yes ill hit the track soon and see what gives!!!
Old 05-06-2014, 08:37 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Default You re not that smart

I wonder if he even knows what a Dynapack is... much less actually used one.

My 2011 ZR1 on a Dynapack...
TWS you read the mods on his car then compare with every other similarly modded car and tell me his numbers are accurate.Before making stupid comments do your research.I dont give a damn what kind of dyno anyone uses its about calibration!Just for your information i checked in with extremely reliable shops in both the U,S and Canada and all agree those numbers are way off.Rememeber :CALIBRATION.Not criticizing anyone s car or the work that was done on it.Unlike you running your mouth to get attention i can back up my claims.Funny how every other zr1 with the same mods dynos at 620 rwhp yet a few of you still argue with me that 711 rwhp is totally off!Maybe you guys should ask a few top shops if these numbers are even possible.You re all quick to criticize me but i would love for this car to go to a reputable shop and get re dynoed .If people dont have a problem saying their cars are making 100 rwhp or close to it more than the actual output then thats fine.As for me, this was the absolute last time i talk about this subject.Not here to make enemies simply to state the truth.
Old 05-06-2014, 08:43 AM
RCC
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

People are used to seeing dynojet numbers because dynojets are the most popular dynos. In saying that dynos should be just a tuning a tool but in the age of the internet everyone likes to compare Dyno numbers which makes it very difficult with the many different types out there.

So I look at it like this-

Dynojet- Industry standard because they are the most popular and what most people are used to getting numbers off of.

Dynapack- reads higher than a dynojet.

Mustang- reads lower than a dynojet.

I don't who's is the last accurate as you can ask 3 different people and get 3 different answers.

Get notified of new replies

To Getting ready to hit the dyno!!!

Old 05-06-2014, 10:02 AM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

From all that I have observed, Dynojets read the highest, Dynapacks in the middle, and Mustang dynos read the lowest.

Not arguing, just contributing to the discussion based on just one enthusiast's observations (mine).

We prefer to use a Dynapack because of the tremendous amount of control it allows over the dyno pull. Also a loaded dyno so better to replicate actual driving/racing conditions and induce load to help build boost as if the motor was pushing the car down the track. We also like it because it eliminates tire spin as a factor.

One funny anecdote on personal experience, that almost contradicts my other observations: Only on one occasion have I had the chance to take a car of mine from a Dynapack to a Dynojet without any changes to the car inbetween. Not an absolute scientific comparison because the dyno sessions occurred about a week apart and so weather would have been a little different, but surprisingly between the Dynapack and Dynojet my numbers were scarily consistent on that car. Like 1-2 RWHP difference. I was surprised as I expected the Dynojet to read around a couple percent higher. Instead the two dynos were almost dead nuts equal. The Dynojet operator, FWIW, stated that their Dynojet was known for being a little stingy.

Anyway, don't get wrapped around the axle based on dyno results. A dyno is a tool, the track is the test. Care about your timeslip more than your dyno chart. You race your car, you don't race your dyno.
Old 05-06-2014, 10:59 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

camirocz
Old 05-06-2014, 11:04 AM
whatcop?
Le Mans Master

Location: Daytona Beach/ Atlanta---- Good Ol' Florida Boy/ Georgia
Received 43 Likes on 41 Posts

Hey Camirocz I have the highest HP ZR1 with no tune or pulley

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Getting ready to hit the dyno!!!