Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Getting ready to hit the dyno!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2014, 07:43 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by WeaponsGradeTorque

NICE! That was just with LPE 710 kit and headers, right?
Pretty much with ported stuff plugs and few other things.
Old 04-11-2014, 07:55 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

Received 394 Likes on 359 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13

Nice numbers ! How's it feel with the extra power? Post a copy of the dyno sheet it you can.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:27 AM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts

thats impressive.No other zr1 with the same mods has ever been dynoed at more than 625 rwhp.A stock one makes around 520 rwhp so for a no headwork and no cam set up to make 711 rwhp is almost unreal.Thats a 190 h.p gain from bolt ons and a tune.For the record i would like to add that using 94 octane gaz has zero benefit over 93 or even 91 octane .112 and 116 octane then you re talking.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:48 AM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by camirocz
thats impressive.No other zr1 with the same mods has ever been dynoed at more than 625 rwhp.A stock one makes around 520 rwhp so for a no headwork and no cam set up to make 711 rwhp is almost unreal.Thats a 190 h.p gain from bolt ons and a tune.For the record i would like to add that using 94 octane gaz has zero benefit over 93 or even 91 octane .112 and 116 octane then you re talking.
Phil. You are half right. 94 vs 91 octane will make no difference if the car is not tuned for it, but with 94 you can definitely be more aggressive with timing and make more power. Tune your car aggressively on 94, and then go beat on it with 91 in it and tell me how that works out for you.

Manny (and we all know his dyno is 100% accurate) just did a similar car and made over 650rwhp on 91 octane. I am sure with 94 he would get an extra 25hp out of it. A 5% variances in dynos is no big deal and not important to anyone but you.

Maybe instead of ragging on this "aggressive dyno" thing, thowing out a "nice numbers Tommy" would be nice.

Oh, and have a great day !!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:34 AM
Dave Schotz
Drifting

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
On a dynapack dyno on 94
711whp 704wtq
Great numbers Timmy!
Old 04-11-2014, 11:36 AM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow. Almost identical numbers to my 2010 ZR1, which put down 706/703, also on a Dynapack Dyno.

My stock 2011 ZR1 put down 540 on the same dyno with old fuel that caused some KR. Filled up with fresh 93 and data logged and the KR is all but gone. Don't know how much more it would have made, but more for sure.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Al3x_666
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

706 with similar set-up than Timmy?
Old 04-11-2014, 04:57 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by realcanuk
Phil. You are half right. 94 vs 91 octane will make no difference if the car is not tuned for it, but with 94 you can definitely be more aggressive with timing and make more power. Tune your car aggressively on 94, and then go beat on it with 91 in it and tell me how that works out for you.

Manny (and we all know his dyno is 100% accurate) just did a similar car and made over 650rwhp on 91 octane. I am sure with 94 he would get an extra 25hp out of it. A 5% variances in dynos is no big deal and not important to anyone but you.

Maybe instead of ragging on this "aggressive dyno" thing, thowing out a "nice numbers Tommy" would be nice.

Oh, and have a great day !!
The octane makes no difference at all when comparing 91 or 93 to 94.This is fact as per who i consider the top tuner in Canada!Next Manny s customer s car had heads and cam as well as other in house tricks done to it.That has to be worth 30 to 40 h.p over Tommy s bolt on car.Third i wonder if you are a silent partner or an attorney always defending this Dnyapac dyno.There isnt a 5 per cent variance there is more like 13 per cent between the actual rwhp the car makes and what this dyno says it makes.You keep getting pissed at me but i prove evrytime that what i say is 100 per cent true and i look out for the guy who pays his hard earned money and is taken for a ride thinking his car makes 100 h.p more than it does.I can even bring up a camaro that went to toronto had a smaller pulley installed ran 7 tenths quicker when it came back yet dynoed 80 h.p less after the mods in toronto than it did on this famous montreal dynapac.It might **** you off but facts are facts and when i see b.s i say it.Many others think the same as me but i happen to be the one who comes forward.You know your stuff and i respect that but the way you try and downplay this issue all the time makes me realize that you like you re ego stroked.They butter you up with big numbers which no one else in any other shop can duplicate and you go on defending these numbers. Tommy did all the work at home,all bolt on stuff then went for a tune and regardless of 94 or 91 octane you think that car makes 711 rwhp or even 650 you re living in a serious dream.In fact why dont you educate your narrow minded brain and call two corvette shops that modify plenty of c6 vettes and ask them what a zr1 with a 710 package and a tune will dyno at the rear wheels.I guarantee you your eyes will open wide and you may even pass out when you hear the number.Stock they dyno 520 h.p maximum,so another 190 or even 150 from bolt ons and a tune is just simply impossible.I dont give a hoot how good friends you are with whoever is shooting out these bogus numbers.When i see B.S i say it ,if you d rather close your eyes and go along with it then you are weak kneed its that simple.Whoever has tuned or owned a modded zr1 is welcome to correct me if i m wrong.This car better be trapping really high speeds .Lol Its a freaking joke and you should be ashamed of yourself for encouraging it.And you want me to congratulate Tommy for his record numbers?I am truly happy he fixed up his car but there are no congratulations in order.Why dont we arrange a roll race with Manny s 650 rwhp zr1?Off the line is ok too but traction might be an issue for one or both cars.When the 650 h.p car stretches the 711 h.p car what will you tell me then?Oh and its fine if Tommy puts 94 octane.I m not putting Tommy or his car down i am calling out bogus dyno figures .Do you get it?I think you actually know that everything i ve said is the god s honest truth you re just too deep into your friendship to admit it.That same place was saying i had headwork done to my car when in fact it was all stock freshly rebuilt at a g.m dealer.Thank god i had the proof ,and yet they still had me making 493 rwhp all stock ,and 523 with a tune on my ls7.Hahahaha.I told you right then and there as i told Bruce this dyno is out to lunch.450 stock and 480 after the tune and cai are the right figures.To end this thread id love to remind you that this same dyno had you pegged at over 800 ft pounds of torque at the rear wheels .Oh yeah i forgot the torque converter slippage enhances that figure a little right?Just a little.Jody i dont get my hands full of grease but i been at this a long time.I know a lot more than you credit me for.Your only defense is asking people why i dont modify my car,but sadly Jody that has nothing to do with this.So lets get that run going 650 rwhp vs 711 rwhp(axle actually),cause when you race the zr1 s wheels will have to be botled back on.For the record i wish Tommy aka Timmy z06 nothing but a fast well running car.The beef is not with him.To all the newcomers all the top shops use roller type dynos.All of them with no exception.I only hope some of the big names with 9 second cars built at their shops comment on this. Maybe then Jody will finally stop crying.The truth hurts but be a man and face it head on!
Old 04-11-2014, 05:38 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

You once again miss the point and have no clue what you are talking about.

I don't care if Tommys car makes 200 rwhp, or 2000. The guy makes a thread excited about his mods and getting tuned, and instead of saying something nice, you bring up the same crap.
You worship a shop that you have never even visited or met the owner, and crap on one constantly that went out of their way to help you. What you have against Federal is beyond me, but you should just keep it to yourself instead of ******** on everyones threads.
No one is taking anyone for a ride. Only you are more concerned with the dyno number than the actual work or how the car runs. Seriously Phil, wtf is your problem. You have posted this same crap countless times, in countless threads of other people. I will not respond next time you do it. Its obviously a total waste of time. Continue worshipping shops you don't use, and cars you don't own. Its obviously all you have.

Oh, and to respond to your comparisons of cars, why is it when my car dynode 620 rwhp on that inflated dyno, I ran 10.40 at 135mph. What you are saying is that my car actually was around 550 rwhp. I am ok with that.
Then why does a car dynoing at 750 rwhp on a "real" dyno at Mannys, only manage to run 10.20 at 140 with a full drag pack and skinnies. I would think 200 hp more should net more gain than that.

Last edited by realcanuk; 04-11-2014 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:10 PM
camirocz
Melting Slicks

Because that car that went to Manny s had damaged valve train by the time it went to the track.It was down at least 100 h.p had no oil in it as he found out right after the run,in fact 5 dual valve springs that had one craked spring .I am not worshiping any given car or shop i am simply calling out bogus dyno numbers.As for your car 10.40s was a long time ago with the stock ls2 and a set of wchh heads.It hasnt seen anywhere near that time since being upgraded to a 402 stroker.The dyno numbers have gone up but the mph has dropped substantially.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:51 PM
realcanuk
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '13

Originally Posted by camirocz
Because that car that went to Manny s had damaged valve train by the time it went to the track.It was down at least 100 h.p had no oil in it as he found out right after the run,in fact 5 dual valve springs that had one craked spring .I am not worshiping any given car or shop i am simply calling out bogus dyno numbers.As for your car 10.40s was a long time ago with the stock ls2 and a set of wchh heads.It hasnt seen anywhere near that time since being upgraded to a 402 stroker.The dyno numbers have gone up but the mph has dropped substantially.
Lol. Right!!
Old 04-11-2014, 07:53 PM
K B Vettin
Melting Slicks

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

awesome numbers!
Old 04-11-2014, 08:12 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

A real Canadian throw down goin' on here.
Old 04-11-2014, 08:16 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

this is probably more accurate....Quebec vs Habs
Old 04-11-2014, 08:31 PM
Streetk14
Melting Slicks

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Are we really arguing whether or not there is a power difference between 91 octane and 94 octane (properly tuned) on a 600+ RWHP FI application?
Old 04-11-2014, 09:20 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Streetk14
Are we really arguing whether or not there is a power difference between 91 octane and 94 octane (properly tuned) on a 600+ RWHP FI application?
It's not worth it believe me!!
I drove the car for a while today and HOLLSH!T !!!!! Its just retarded! Love it it is crazy how stock and quiet it feels. ...till you nailed it! !
Old 04-11-2014, 09:21 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by 05dsom
this is probably more accurate....Quebec vs Habs
Yeah spot on!

Get notified of new replies

To Getting ready to hit the dyno!!!

Old 04-11-2014, 09:23 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by realcanuk

Lol. Right!!
Nice to meet you yesterday Jody and Alex too. Phil if you only stick to bash federal then leave. They are first class shop and don't deserve any of this BS. Thanks.
Old 04-11-2014, 09:26 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

A saw almost 15 psi on top so it might help. Even them was surprised about the numbers. None of them was expecting breaking 700whp! I can't say I wasn't happy!
Old 04-11-2014, 10:02 PM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Al3x_666
706 with similar set-up than Timmy?
Even after reading the thread, I'm not 100% sure of Timmy's mod list. Mine is Torq Speed Lab's ZR800 build package. Basically pulleys, ported Lingenfelter snout, Lingenfelter air intake, NW102 TB, cam, springs, pushrods, Kooks LT's and Kooks X pipe, ID 850's, larger heat exchanger. Heads are untouched.

I just recently converted to flex fuel and expect some good gains once we get it on the dyno and tune the PE alcohol table and spark adder for alcohol table. Right now I just have flex fuel enable and variable stoich AFR in the ECM so that I can drive it on E85, but gains have not been realized yet.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Getting ready to hit the dyno!!!