Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] So glad I went ZR1!

Old 12-22-2013, 05:46 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Default So glad I went ZR1!

First Instead of a C7! I just saw my first C 7! First from the back
then the side. I was out in on of the first cruise's in the ZR1!

The C7 rear is ugly and the car has me thinking it's like the 67-68!
The C6 ZR1's and Z06's may prove to be the preferred car's over the C-7.
Just thinking I could have paid more for a C7 instead makes me glad I made the right move. So far I need to see move of the C7 to see if it grows on me! For now it's not even close then you read of someone trading a 2010 with 15k for 3,000.00 boot for a C7 !
Pretty soon the C7 will be everywhere and the ZR1 with be the preferred more rare better looking car!
I'm even thinking another Z06 or 427 convert and blower kit instead of adding a C-7 to add to the ZR1!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 12-22-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:26 PM
solow1k
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I agree on the performance part, the C6 ZR1 is still a C6. So when most people see it, its a C6.
Old 12-22-2013, 06:50 PM
RPO_Z06
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Contributor

Originally Posted by solow1k
the C6 ZR1 is still a C6. So when most people see it, its a C6.
That's a very accurate statement, the majority won't even know what it is.
Kid's know it more than adults do, probably because of being in video games if I had to guess.
Old 12-22-2013, 07:09 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

Received 206 Likes on 136 Posts

While I agree on the performance part, the C6 ZR1 is still a C6. So when most people see it, its a C6.
You've obviously never owned one

Everywhere I go, people I don't even know come up to me and admire the car. Either black or white, it doesn't matter. While driving, people almost break their necks trying to get a good look. And tell me you you don't recognize the difference.

PLEASE

I'll never understand why people make posts like this. Even my 09 Z06 was never called a C6
Old 12-22-2013, 07:24 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by NofakeJake

Everywhere I go, people I don't even know come up to me and admire the car. Either black or white, it doesn't matter. While driving, people almost break their necks trying to get a good look. And tell me you you don't recognize the difference.

PLEASE

I'll never understand why people make posts like this. Even my 09 Z06 was never called a C6

I was asked many times, What the hell is that bad a$$ car??? And when i say a Corvette, they are always shocked! The base C6 look very different to me than a Z06/ZR1. Who's give a crap about people who says''' Its a C6 not a C7 !!!! Sometime i have hard to figure out what's the reasons they deciced to buy a car Im not gonna get a ZR1 its a C6!!! Yeah right then you belong in a C7!!
Old 12-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Chevy Performance
Racer

Received 84 Likes on 44 Posts

Most people may not recognize the difference or really be aware of the differences. However, the ZO6's and ZR1's probably draw attention unlike a base C6. Most people may overlook a base C6 but a ZO6 or ZR1 causes people to look again or even stare. It's kind of the same thing with my 2002 SS. People comment often on it, although it's not stock, but may not realize it's a SS and not a V6 or Z28 model. The SS gets attention where as another model Camaro does not draw attention. Certain models stand out and others are considered just another car. Even a base car can be modified and draw attention, it's probably not the model that does it.
Old 12-22-2013, 11:35 PM
solow1k
Racer

PLEASE

LMFAO awesome...

someone walked up to me in my last Vette and asked how long I've owned a Viper. People walk up to my Viper and gawk almost daily. Keep in mind this in DFW, where Vipers, Vettes, Pcars, Fcars, Lambos, arent very uncommon at all.

People ask me what my Supra is all the time.

Your point is just about as valid as someone with a Neon SRT4 saying its not a Neon.

A vette is a vette is a vette. Same with Cobras/Mustangs, and other special additions. Do I think the ZR1 is ****ing awesome, hell yes. Do I think that it looks much different then a Z06, GS, C6, no. Is it still a C6, yes.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:13 AM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

LMFAO awesome...

someone walked up to me in my last Vette and asked how long I've owned a Viper. People walk up to my Viper and gawk almost daily. Keep in mind this in DFW, where Vipers, Vettes, Pcars, Fcars, Lambos, arent very uncommon at all.

Your point is just about as valid as someone with a Neon SRT4 saying its not a Neon.

A vette is a vette is a vette. Same with Cobras/Mustangs, and other special additions. Do I think the ZR1 is ****ing awesome, hell yes. Do I think that it looks much different then a Z06, GS, C6, no. Is it still a C6, yes.
Well that explains it..

You've proven my point.

Where I reside, people might be more educated about cars, performance and capabilities. They certainly know the difference between Vettes and Vipers, let alone a Ricer?
Old 12-23-2013, 10:17 AM
bgad
Safety Car

Received 91 Likes on 57 Posts

Are you more interested in what you think about the car or what someone else thinks?
Old 12-23-2013, 10:42 AM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by bgad

Are you more interested in what you think about the car or what someone else thinks?
Exactly! !!
Old 12-23-2013, 12:17 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,419 Likes on 2,266 Posts

The ZR is a blast to drive. It's comfortable. A great road trip car. Will do stop and go traffic all day if called upon with no complaint. Is a groundpounder on command. Looks great. Fun to push/instills confidence with its handling and power delivery. Just a fun sports car. Fun enough that I'll keep mine. I like the 7. Love my ZR. If the C7Z turns out to be worth a darn, might add it to the ZR.

But have no plans whatsoever to get rid of the ZR - it's just too much fun to drive.
Old 12-23-2013, 03:46 PM
solow1k
Racer

Well that explains it..

You've proven my point.

Where I reside, people might be more educated about cars, performance and capabilities. They certainly know the difference between Vettes and Vipers, let alone a Ricer?
LMFAO at "ricer"

My ricer is most likely faster then anything you own

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
Exactly! !!
What I think, which is why I own what I do.

SRT = still a Neon
Cobra = still a Mustang
ZR1 = still a Vette

Its really that simple imo
Old 12-23-2013, 03:48 PM
NofakeJake
Melting Slicks

LMFAO at "ricer"

My ricer is most likely faster then anything you own

What I think, which is why I own what I do.

SRT = still a Neon
Cobra = still a Mustang
ZR1 = still a Vette

Its really that simple imo
Geez, don't take it personally. Some of us aren't defined by our cars. Now if you insulted me on my Lear Jet... LMFAO
Old 12-23-2013, 05:32 PM
solow1k
Racer

Geez, don't take it personally. Some of us aren't defined by our cars. Now if you insulted me on my Lear Jet... LMFAO
I assure you I haven't taken anything personally. I'm just realistic about this stuff.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:25 PM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
The C7 rear is ugly and the car has me thinking it's like the 67-68!
Woah now, I was with you until this line. You didn't just compare the looks of the C7 to the C3 did you? Because that's just crazy talk.
Old 12-23-2013, 06:51 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Corvettinator
Woah now, I was with you until this line. You didn't just compare the looks of the C7 to the C3 did you? Because that's just crazy talk.
he was crossing two separate generations (c2/c3) so I really don't know what he was taking about?
Old 12-23-2013, 07:05 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by 05dsom
he was crossing two separate generations (c2/c3) so I really don't know what he was taking about?
I was meaning that the 67 is the better looking much higher retailing car now over the 68 which had some trouble's.
Same could happen with the 13-14's. Time will tell!

Get notified of new replies

To So glad I went ZR1!

Old 12-23-2013, 07:20 PM
540Z28
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LMFAO awesome...

I don't know if he wants to illustrate how stupid people are in Texas or brag about having a Supra...........LOL!!

Just bustin' your chops!!!

Last edited by 540Z28; 12-23-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 03:55 AM
Corvettinator
Drifting

Received 34 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock'n Blue 08
I was meaning that the 67 is the better looking much higher retailing car now over the 68 which had some trouble's.
M'kay, while I like mid-years, I think the C3 is the best looking Vette ever, especially the early ones. Matter of opinion, yes, but the C7's are downright fugly, so the comparison is false!
Old 12-24-2013, 08:09 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,621 Likes on 1,740 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

He keeps trying to justify himself

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
Exactly! !!
x3

Another idiotic post by the resident give a bad name to ZR owners

Originally Posted by 05dsom
Dont worry about it Kevin, none of us ever know

I love the looks of the C7, makes my C6s look kind of dated but nothing compares to the mighty ZR1 as far as Handling and Power
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] So glad I went ZR1!