Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] 2013 ZR1 question

Old 05-07-2013, 09:20 AM
Mr. Gizmo
Le Mans Master

Received 641 Likes on 476 Posts

Originally Posted by SHEPME
Hi, everyone.
I sold my 2008 Z06 and just picked up my new 2013 ZR1.
I have a question for the other ZR1 owners on the forum.
Unfortuatly I still have the same marbles in a can sound in 1st gear when starting out just like I had in the z06. I called Tremrec and was told it's normal, something called rollover.
That's not my question.
When starting out in 1st gear not only do I hear the marbles in a can sound (which I know what it is) and the sucking sound of the supercharger but I also hear a slight high pitched sound almost sounding like a belt is loose but it's not. Does anyone else hear this.
Should I be concerned?
Obviously if I increase the rpm's taking off in 1st I hear none of the above mentioned sounds.
Any feedback is appreciated.
Shepard
The solution is taking off in 1st gear with more RPM. All the bad noises go away and all the good noises start happening. Don't worry be happy with your 2013 Zr1. -- you got the last of the beasts
Old 05-07-2013, 08:31 PM
TWS Racing
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06

The LS7 may seem to you to have more torque down low but it doesn't. The torque curve of the LS9 is considerably greater at any RPM compared to the LS7.
I love driving my 2012 ZO6, but is has never conspired with my right foot to try to kill me like my 2011 ZR1 has.

The ZR1 just seems to have torque everywhere and anywhere. I have to drive my ZO6 like I'm mad at it to get close to the same feeling.

And congrats to Shepard!

For the money there is no better car on the planet in my highly-biased, non-humble opinion. Enjoy your awesome new machine.

Last edited by TWS Racing; 05-07-2013 at 08:48 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [ZR1] 2013 ZR1 question