Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] c6 zr1 or c7 zo6

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 10:23 PM
911/Q45
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So you've got a brand new Shelby Mustang, you've ordered new wheels and tires that you haven't received yet and you are agonizing in excruciating detail about a new ZR1 or a C7 model that doesn't even exist yet. I think you probably should have your meds adjusted.
Old 02-16-2013, 10:37 PM
spdmn75
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The nav is the cheapest fix you could make
Old 02-16-2013, 10:41 PM
C7envy
Racer

Originally Posted by 911/Q45
So you've got a brand new Shelby Mustang, you've ordered new wheels and tires that you haven't received yet and you are agonizing in excruciating detail about a new ZR1 or a C7 model that doesn't even exist yet. I think you probably should have your meds adjusted.
It is ok I'll wait it out and see what comes out. I'm sure it will be worth it.

As far as the wheels I made them in an offset that works on both cars for a reason.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Received 72 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by C7envy
This is true. The only thing with the current edition is I HATE the way the interior is set up and that crappy nav. I know caravaggio could fix pretty much everything but still that nav lay and such just sucks. Same with the feel of it in general. Plus I never was a fan of the plasticy panels that you can push in with your fingers. I will be test driving a few vettes on monday soon and the dealership has 3 zr1s (that I doubt they will let me drive) so I will take a look. Plus I like how the c7 is way more adjustable. I could live with a zr1 version of that for a long time regardless if the c8 or w/e becomes even better. I mean at some point you have to ask yourself how much more do you really need?
I think you answered your own original question with this statement....sounds like you should wait if you HATE so many things about the ZR1.....don't know that I've ever heard anyone say they HATE a ZR1...not even the Viper boys

Last edited by 05dsom; 02-17-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:03 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

See this is how I was when I bought my 13 gt500. Now because I wasn't patient and didn't know about the killer deals on new zo6s and zr1s right now I missed out on the better car. I'm trying to not make that mistake again, being I get a zr1 now and then later when the performance edition comes out for c7 and whoops the floor with the current zr1 I'm going to kicking myself in the *** again.

At least when the zr1 came out in 2009 (I think it was?) it will essentially be good till 2014-2015, so that is quite a bit of time to be king of the hill. I know a c7 version of a zr1 will ride 10x better and handle better than the current one.

ughhh decision decicions lol. I should have been car shopping for this stuff in like 2010 so a year after the zr1 came out that way I have many years to enjoy it before the new model is vastly superior.

This is why I won't buy a GTR either because it is going to get a complete redesign in like 3 years.
^^Really?
Old 02-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

FWIW, I think the top-level interiors in all the C6s are quite nice (4LT; 3LZ; 3ZR). Very comfortable on a long drive, too.
Are there nicer sportscar interiors out there ? Of course, but look at what you need to pay for the entire package...
Old 02-17-2013, 12:18 PM
grandsport4me1963
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you want to drive the fastest, most refined Corvette ever made for the next few years then why wait? Bang for the buck there is no better car on the road IMHO. GTR's are nice and fast but they look like tanks. I've even considered buying a Ferrari but I don't feel good about spending more money on something slower. Viper's new release can't even beat the 5 year old ZR1...yet. You can lose a few years of your life missing out on the experience or you can jump in like the rest of us and enjoy every time you push the start button.
Old 02-17-2013, 12:27 PM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

This is a damn expensive hobby/problem/addiction lol
Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
It certainly is...no cure, either !
Originally Posted by timmyZ06
I tried to find the antidote for years, couldnt find it so here i am!!
Originally Posted by bobafett
Most all of us here suffer from it. Ain't it great?!
Old 02-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 15 Posts

OP, i read your thread and most of your replies and only have one question for you...how did you make it in life this far?
Old 02-17-2013, 01:08 PM
C7envy
Racer

Originally Posted by Mookster
OP, i read your thread and most of your replies and only have one question for you...how did you make it in life this far?
I ask myself this question often.....I can't help how indecisive I am. Thats the problem when you are on a budget, (yes even at this price level it is a budget) otherwise I'd just get the new berlinetta......someday hopefully.

Originally Posted by grandsport4me1963
If you want to drive the fastest, most refined Corvette ever made for the next few years then why wait? Bang for the buck there is no better car on the road IMHO. GTR's are nice and fast but they look like tanks. I've even considered buying a Ferrari but I don't feel good about spending more money on something slower. Viper's new release can't even beat the 5 year old ZR1...yet. You can lose a few years of your life missing out on the experience or you can jump in like the rest of us and enjoy every time you push the start button.
with the no better bang for buck statement. I'm not in the position yet in my life to afford a ferrari unfortunately though otherwise even though it is slower I rather have a berlinetta.

I like the new viper but the reviews say it is very harsh riding, though at 150k it is too much.

Originally Posted by 05dsom
I think you answered your own original question with this statement....sounds like you should wait if you HATE so many things about the ZR1.....don't know that I've ever heard anyone say they HATE a ZR1...not even the Viper boys
The only thing I don't like is the nav and interior really. Both of which can be changed very easily. I don't think anyone likes the rear panels that you can push in with your finger but that is a very very small nuciance.
If I could get a zr1 now and then later a c7zr1 equivalent I would do that but I am not in that position to throw money away like that.

^^Really?
This is all Tadge is talking about just on the base corvette. I can only imagine how much better a zr1 version will be. Don't forget this body style has been around for 8 years and is now finally redesigned. If it isn't better something is seriously wrong.

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
FWIW, I think the top-level interiors in all the C6s are quite nice (4LT; 3LZ; 3ZR). Very comfortable on a long drive, too.
Are there nicer sportscar interiors out there ? Of course, but look at what you need to pay for the entire package...
You are right. But I am not worried about the interior so much since John does great work on his interior jobs, they basically are ferrari/bentley equivalent.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:38 PM
Mookster
Drifting

Received 56 Likes on 15 Posts

Just enjoy your GT500 for couple years. Let the next C7 performance model come out and decide then.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:42 PM
C7envy
Racer

Originally Posted by Mookster
Just enjoy your GT500 for couple years. Let the next C7 performance model come out and decide then.
I think this is probably the smartest way to go.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:50 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

I ask myself this question often.....I can't help how indecisive I am. Thats the problem when you are on a budget, (yes even at this price level it is a budget) otherwise I'd just get the new berlinetta......someday hopefully.

with the no better bang for buck statement. I'm not in the position yet in my life to afford a ferrari unfortunately though otherwise even though it is slower I rather have a berlinetta.

I like the new viper but the reviews say it is very harsh riding, though at 150k it is too much.

The only thing I don't like is the nav and interior really. Both of which can be changed very easily. I don't think anyone likes the rear panels that you can push in with your finger but that is a very very small nuciance.
If I could get a zr1 now and then later a c7zr1 equivalent I would do that but I am not in that position to throw money away like that.

Quote:
See this is how I was when I bought my 13 gt500. Now because I wasn't patient and didn't know about the killer deals on new zo6s and zr1s right now I missed out on the better car. I'm trying to not make that mistake again, being I get a zr1 now and then later when the performance edition comes out for c7 and whoops the floor with the current zr1 I'm going to kicking myself in the *** again.

At least when the zr1 came out in 2009 (I think it was?) it will essentially be good till 2014-2015, so that is quite a bit of time to be king of the hill. I know a c7 version of a zr1 will ride 10x better and handle better than the current one.

ughhh decision decicions lol. I should have been car shopping for this stuff in like 2010 so a year after the zr1 came out that way I have many years to enjoy it before the new model is vastly superior.

This is why I won't buy a GTR either because it is going to get a complete redesign in like 3 years.
This is all Tadge is talking about just on the base corvette. I can only imagine how much better a zr1 version will be. Don't forget this body style has been around for 8 years and is now finally redesigned. If it isn't better something is seriously wrong.

You are right. But I am not worried about the interior so much since John does great work on his interior jobs, they basically are ferrari/bentley equivalent.

TEN times better?

Last edited by 05dsom; 02-17-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 02-17-2013, 01:52 PM
redzone
Le Mans Master

Received 149 Likes on 88 Posts

It is ok I'll wait it out and see what comes out. I'm sure it will be worth it.

As far as the wheels I made them in an offset that works on both cars for a reason. :thumbs:
What are you going to do about the widths? The ZR1 would look terrible with 285's on the back...
Old 02-17-2013, 02:08 PM
C7envy
Racer

Originally Posted by redzone
What are you going to do about the widths? The ZR1 would look terrible with 285's on the back...
The offset is 60 in the rear on an 20x11 rim. It can fit a rear 315 or 335 MPSS tire.

I don't think the sport cup come in 20 inch if I am not mistaken only 19?

Besides I rather just buy another set of HRE pr40sc for a car like the zr1 or a corvette in general. I just didn't think a mustang was deserving of more than a p40 (even though it is the best mustang).
Old 02-17-2013, 02:08 PM
C7envy
Racer

TEN times better?
Oh don't argue semantics. You know 10x was an exaggeration. I was trying to make a point.
Old 02-17-2013, 02:30 PM
05dsom
Melting Slicks

Oh don't argue semantics. You know 10x was an exaggeration. I was trying to make a point.
I'm not arguing semantics, you're the one who made the statement. How were we to assume this was an exaggeration?

Get notified of new replies

To c6 zr1 or c7 zo6

Old 02-17-2013, 03:03 PM
C7envy
Racer

I'm not arguing semantics, you're the one who made the statement. How were we to assume this was an exaggeration?
Because if it was 10x better at that point it wouldn't be getting around town on wheels and tires anymore.
Old 02-17-2013, 03:41 PM
TacDoc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

C7,
Another thing to think about is cost vs loss now vs 3 years. With 2013 ZR1's being discounted you can eat up an awful lot of upside down with your Stang. Rick Conti has a yellow 1LZ 2013 for $99,995. You can absorb the loss on the Stang, get your own nav, redo the interior and still probably have less than MSRP in the Z. If you don't want a 1LZ he has several 3LZ's including a white performance optioned one for $110,000-$111,000. I say eat up your loss now, you won't have the option if an LT4 comes out in 2-3 years.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:33 PM
C7envy
Racer

Originally Posted by TacDoc
C7,
Another thing to think about is cost vs loss now vs 3 years. With 2013 ZR1's being discounted you can eat up an awful lot of upside down with your Stang. Rick Conti has a yellow 1LZ 2013 for $99,995. You can absorb the loss on the Stang, get your own nav, redo the interior and still probably have less than MSRP in the Z. If you don't want a 1LZ he has several 3LZ's including a white performance optioned one for $110,000-$111,000. I say eat up your loss now, you won't have the option if an LT4 comes out in 2-3 years.
Upside down with the mustang? The mustang is 100% paid off after the 2nd day I owned it. But I think I see what you are saying. That is the only thing it is still early enough that if I sold the shelby I wouldn't lose any money really since dealerships are still marking them up or selling them at MSRP and I got mine at invoice.

In 2-3 years since I DD it, it will probably be worth somewhere in the 40s I would imagine with 30k miles in 3 years 20k miles in 2 years since I'm on track to drive around 10k miles a year.

Quick Reply: [ZR1] c6 zr1 or c7 zo6