Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette ZR1
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
C6 Corvette ZR1
General info about GMs Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
Bill Stasek

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 AM   #1
gonabite
CF Senior Member

Default Carbon fiber mud flaps

I have searched a few different vendors and have not been able to find a nice carbon fiber replacement for the crappy plastic mud flaps on our cars. Does anyone know of a vendor who sells a quality CF flap. I just purchased a CF spoiler and rear diffuser from APR and would love to finish this off with the mud flaps. Thanks for any help with this.
gonabite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:24 AM   #2
barduch
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonabite View Post
I have searched a few different vendors and have not been able to find a nice carbon fiber replacement for the crappy plastic mud flaps on our cars. Does anyone know of a vendor who sells a quality CF flap. I just purchased a CF spoiler and rear diffuser from APR and would love to finish this off with the mud flaps. Thanks for any help with this.
You might try Cianci C7, I have a diffuser from them and I am quite pleased with the quality. I really like CF pieces and have an ebay search alert for it. A set of side skirts and the rear wheel well front guards popped up this morning and looks interesting. It is advertised as 100% CF. The seller is boosted_85. I tried to post a link but found out that you can't post an ebay link. I'll bet that the guards could be purchased separately. I did buy the hydrocarbon rear mud flaps from John at floridavettes and I am quite pleased with those. Perhaps I am too easily pleased. Also bought a real CF steering wheel recently, from an aerospace fabricator in Florida, and I really like the way it plays off of the rest of the CF on the ZR1. If you find any other good resources for CF please let us all know.
Click the image to open in full size.

barduch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:02 PM   #3
gonabite
CF Senior Member

Thanks for the info. Rear flaps look awesome.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
Racer
CF Senior Member
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

I have the same diffuser and rear splash guards and they are nice.
The seller of the splash guards is good as long as you don't need to talk to him or have any issues whatsoever. If you do have a problem arise...................

Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:52 PM   #5
Supersonic_ZR1
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonabite View Post
I also purchased the same pieces from APR and was wondering if these mud flaps are going to have an issue as well. Like you, I would like to get rid of the cheap looking plastic mud flaps and complete the C/F finish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
The seller of the splash guards is good as long as you don't need to talk to him or have any issues whatsoever. If you do have a problem arise...................
This could be a problem. Spending good money for a product and then the fitment arises because of the conflict of two different companies.

Supersonic_ZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 AM   #6
gonabite
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post

Your car looks great! That was my second choice of color. I went with white. Was it the fitment or the quality of the product? Thanks for the info.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:42 AM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette ZR1
Reload this Page Carbon fiber mud flaps

Tags
boosted85, c6, carbon, corvette, fiber, flaps, flps, guard, guards, mud, mudflap, rear, sale, splash, z06, zr1