Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Original title

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2012, 01:26 PM
LEAVINU
Le Mans Master

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Balla
Old 02-07-2012, 11:35 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

when I bought mine (new) from a dealer here in TX, it took about four weeks for the title to arrive via the mail
(from the DMV).
Old 02-08-2012, 12:06 AM
beastyz06
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
when I bought mine (new) from a dealer here in TX, it took about four weeks for the title to arrive via the mail
(from the DMV).
Thank you!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:03 AM
MachAll 2005
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

On the last 4 (new)cars that we have purchased (cash) .. we took the paper work including the MSO with us to our county DMV office and had the title in hand the same day ... 2 of these cars were purchased out-of-state..... the other 2 were out-of-county.

Good luck ... I'm sure you will be ok. BUT if you want some confidence, You might want to check with the state attorney general office to see if there are any complaints against the dealership

p.s. ... now that you are a proud owner of the greatest Vette ever, you might want to fill in your profile

Last edited by MachAll 2005; 02-08-2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:00 PM
Gary '09 C6
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 454 Likes on 399 Posts

Originally Posted by MachAll 2005
...p.s. ... now that you are a proud owner of the greatest Vette ever, you might want to fill in your profile

yes OP, please do...!

welcome to the CF and congrats on your ZR1
Old 02-08-2012, 08:06 PM
Corvette ED
Le Mans Master

Location: Pottsville, PA. USA Home Of America's Oldest Brewery Yuengling
Received 2,238 Likes on 1,032 Posts

I stand by what I posted before. I think the dealer had to pay off the car at a bank and is wait for them to send the title. The problem is when the bank gets the check they deposit it and wait for it to clear. The paperwork lays on somebodys desk and when they get around to it then they send it to the dealer.

Call the dealership and ask for the salesman who sold you the car. Tell them about not receiving the title and the brush off you are getting. See what they say and if you think you are getting the run around tell them this. I want a call back from your title person,if I dont hear from them I am going to file a complaint with your DMV and your state attorney generals office. That should get you an answer.
Old 02-08-2012, 08:18 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by Gary '09 C6
yes OP, please do...!

welcome to the CF and congrats on your ZR1
Thanks guys and I will sure do that !!
Old 02-08-2012, 08:20 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by Corvette ED
I stand by what I posted before. I think the dealer had to pay off the car at a bank and is wait for them to send the title. The problem is when the bank gets the check they deposit it and wait for it to clear. The paperwork lays on somebodys desk and when they get around to it then they send it to the dealer.

Call the dealership and ask for the salesman who sold you the car. Tell them about not receiving the title and the brush off you are getting. See what they say and if you think you are getting the run around tell them this. I want a call back from your title person,if I dont hear from them I am going to file a complaint with your DMV and your state attorney generals office. That should get you an answer.
Thank you Corvette ED for good info.

I've tried to call my sales person but either he is never there or not picks up the phone. I'll see what I can do.
Old 02-23-2012, 04:17 PM
beastyz06
Racer

WTF !! it's been 44days without the title and my car is just sitting at the garage to be registered at DMV!!

I've told them per your instructioin above that will file a complaint with TEXAS DMV and state attorney general office but they don't seem to be cared and just told me to wait for the title.

How long should I wait for the damn thing?
Old 02-24-2012, 08:07 AM
3LZZ06
_"SCOTT"_
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 53 Likes on 43 Posts

I think the dealer had to pay off the car at a bank and is wait for them to send the title. The problem is when the bank gets the check they deposit it and wait for it to clear. The paperwork lays on somebodys desk and when they get around to it then they send it to the dealer.
This is usually done via wire transfer so there should be no delay of funds.

I guess every bank is different but I recently sold my Z06 to a forum member in Canada, the car had a loan on it from Ally, upon payoff the turnaround time for them to release the title was less than two weeks...

Originally Posted by beastyz06
WTF !! it's been 44days without the title and my car is just sitting at the garage to be registered at DMV!!

I've told them per your instructioin above that will file a complaint with TEXAS DMV and state attorney general office but they don't seem to be cared and just told me to wait for the title.

How long should I wait for the damn thing?
Not sure who dropped the ball here (bank an/or dealer) but seems as though the you need to escalate this matter to the owner of the dealership and verify the specifics of this transaction thus far. Keep detailed notes and be prepared to pursue this legally.

Calm and cool will prevail...
Old 02-24-2012, 12:14 PM
beastyz06
Racer

Originally Posted by 3LZZ06
This is usually done via wire transfer so there should be no delay of funds.

I guess every bank is different but I recently sold my Z06 to a forum member in Canada, the car had a loan on it from Ally, upon payoff the turnaround time for them to release the title was less than two weeks...

Not sure who dropped the ball here (bank an/or dealer) but seems as though the you need to escalate this matter to the owner of the dealership and verify the specifics of this transaction thus far. Keep detailed notes and be prepared to pursue this legally.

Calm and cool will prevail...

Thanks ! What a nightmare......

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Original title