Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette ZR1
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read FAQ
Search
C6 Corvette ZR1
General info about GMís Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track Sponsored by
Bill Stasek

Welcome to Corvetteforum.com!
Welcome to Corvetteforum.com.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, join Corvetteforum.com today!

Corvette Store

C6 Parts & Accessories
C5 Parts & Accessories
Wheels & Tires
Sponsored Ads

Vendor Directory

Old 02-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #1
beastyz06
CF Senior Member

Default Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue

Hello Guys,

I know and read a lot of informations about steering wheel vibration issue in this forum.

I did not experience it until this morning. I live in Torrance, CA, can anyone in local recommend me trusted dealer around my area?

Martin Chevrolet and Cormier Chevrolet are near by my house but nobody, I mean "NOBODY!" picks up the phone when I called them for several times.

Will balancing wheels solve the problem?
beastyz06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #2
givemeurc6
CF Senior Member

I wouldn't trust Martin even though they are the closest to you. I've had bad experience there. The best dealership around in my opinion is Rydell. I think there is a good dealership in the inland empire. I don't own a Zr1, but if i did i wouldn't take it to anyone.
givemeurc6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:08 PM   #3
beastyz06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeurc6 View Post
I wouldn't trust Martin even though they are the closest to you. I've had bad experience there. The best dealership around in my opinion is Rydell. I think there is a good dealership in the inland empire. I don't own a Zr1, but if i did i wouldn't take it to anyone.
Thank you and you are exactly right. That is why I'm asking forum members' opinions to guide me towards to the right direction. I also don't want to take my car to any dealer.

Anybody?
Old 02-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #4
ILLUSHN
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by givemeurc6 View Post

Rydell in Chatsworth gets my vote, too! Ask for Donny Yorke, he's a nice guy and he's very knowledgeable!
ILLUSHN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #5
Hirohawa
CF Senior Member

I go to Cormier - now Win Chevrolet- ask for Jim in Service, he is always great to deal with.
Hirohawa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #6
beastyz06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLUSHN View Post

Rydell in Chatsworth gets my vote, too! Ask for Donny Yorke, he's a nice guy and he's very knowledgeable!
Thank you !
Old 02-04-2012, 10:32 PM   #7
beastyz06
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirohawa View Post
I go to Cormier - now Win Chevrolet- ask for Jim in Service, he is always great to deal with.

Thank you !!
Old 02-04-2012, 11:29 PM   #8
Joezone914
CF Senior Member

Send a message via AIM to Joezone914

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirohawa View Post
I agree if you must goto Chevy. Goto Win and see Jim Iverson
Joezone914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:45 AM   #9
DebRedZR1
TDD Moderator
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13
Support Corvetteforum!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/CorvetteNationusa/

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastyz06 View Post
Hello Guys,

I know and read a lot of informations about steering wheel vibration issue in this forum.

I did not experience it until this morning. I live in Torrance, CA, can anyone in local recommend me trusted dealer around my area?

Martin Chevrolet and Cormier Chevrolet are near by my house but nobody, I mean "NOBODY!" picks up the phone when I called them for several times.

Will balancing wheels solve the problem?
And Girls
Love those Dealerships that Never answer the phone. One here that did that, always got an answering machine. They wonder why I don't go there anymore.
I'm sure you have read all the different causes and solutions. How many miles are on your ZR1? Good luck and keep us posted.

2010 TR ZR1 BAMF LS9, 2010 TR Grand Sport Vert

DebRedZR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #10
pcguy2u
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

You don't state what the circumstances are that lead to the vibration or what year ZR1 or when the problem started or how similar the problem is to the descriptions from in the various threads on this issue.

Last edited by pcguy2u; 02-05-2012 at 12:29 PM.
pcguy2u is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #11
mjcourt
CF Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebRedZR1GSVert View Post
Love those Dealerships that Never answer the phone. One here that did that, always got an answering machine. They wonder why I don't go there anymore.
I'm sure you have read all the different causes and solutions. How many miles are on your ZR1? Good luck and keep us posted.
The corvette guy at my dealership gave me his personal cell phone number so that I can locate him and donít have to be routed through the dealership phone system. Two new tires have been installed and two rotors are on the way from GM. So far Iím very pleased with the way my dealership and GM are handling the issue. Iíll post more details when all is done.
mjcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Go Back   Corvette Forum > C6 Corvette, 2005 - 2013 > C6 Corvette ZR1
Reload this Page Dealer recommendation in SouthBay, CA to fix steering wheel vibration issue

Tags
2012, c4, california, corvette, dealer, dealership, fixes, forum, grand, parts, recomendation, shake, southern, sport, steering, vibration, wheel, zr1