Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] C6 Z06 Plastic interior trim behind B-pillar loose

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2016, 05:22 PM
Corvette_D
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Default C6 Z06 Plastic interior trim behind B-pillar loose

When I drive over even the slightest uneven surfaces, there are flexing/rubbing/creaking sounds coming from somewhere in the rear interior of the car (at least it sounds like it's in the interior). When I looked back there, I noticed these interior trim pieces are loose. It looks like there are plastic screws (that have a flat head so you can't screw them in but appear to be threaded) that are supposed to hold these plastic pieces in. I tried pushing them back into place but can't get them to stay. I believe these are the sources of the noises I hear. As you can see from the pics, the passenger's side one is out much more than the driver's side one.

Does anyone know how I can push these back in the right way? I did some searching but couldn't find anything about this issue.
Attached Images   

Last edited by Corvette_D; 12-12-2016 at 05:25 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 12-13-2016, 05:26 PM
Z06Qazi
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Ive got the same issue - fit and finish on these cars suck ! i bought new hardware jsut havent got around to installing it yet.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:16 PM
yip
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

I just bought an 08 Z06 a couple months back and when I first looked at it I saw the above trim and felt that some of the other trim around the sills were loose. I actually drove to a couple of other dealerships to look at other Corvette's to see if they had the same issues. I kind of assumed it was from the previous owner taking the interior apart for whatever reason but to my surprise all the other C6's I looked at had the same issues.
Old 12-15-2016, 12:37 PM
Michael_D
Safety Car

Received 361 Likes on 270 Posts

That trim piece can be a PITA to install. It has a combination of push pins and hooks. The hooks require a person to 'slide' the trim piece over them to hold it tight. Way too difficult to explain.... I was surfing my audio upgrade picture folder to see if I had a good picture, but unfortunately, I do not. I bet if you posted something over at the audio sub forum, you find someone with a good picture and explanation of how to fix it - before you tear it apart. Or, you could just remove it and see for yourself.

Old 12-16-2016, 12:43 AM
Corvette_D
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael_D
That trim piece can be a PITA to install. It has a combination of push pins and hooks. The hooks require a person to 'slide' the trim piece over them to hold it tight. Way too difficult to explain.... I was surfing my audio upgrade picture folder to see if I had a good picture, but unfortunately, I do not. I bet if you posted something over at the audio sub forum, you find someone with a good picture and explanation of how to fix it - before you tear it apart. Or, you could just remove it and see for yourself.
Thanks for the info. Maybe mine slid out of place, and that's why I simply can't just push it back in

I think I might post over there and see what they say. I'm nearly positive this trim piece is causing the noises I'm hearing. It'll be amazing once that's fixed.

Get notified of new replies

To C6 Z06 Plastic interior trim behind B-pillar loose

Quick Reply: [Z06] C6 Z06 Plastic interior trim behind B-pillar loose