Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] 2012 Owners

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 08:30 AM
Chase99
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 Owners

Have noticed at least one 12 owner on this forum experiencing the dreaded vibration issue at or around the 70 mph mark. Are there any other 12 owners that can chime in at this time about the vibration?
Thanks
Old 11-03-2011, 09:50 AM
mikelj
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,391 Likes on 683 Posts
2023 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C2 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2015 C3 of the Year Finalist

I don't have it, and I have over 2000 miles on mine.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:47 PM
tramminc
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Must come from that soft *** (BUTT) flopping in the wind.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:56 PM
range96
Le Mans Master

Received 1,974 Likes on 1,215 Posts

Please also specify if you have the Cup wheels or not.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:33 PM
Kelly100
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you noticed how now in 4 model years, GM really has not, in a serious manner, taken this issue on? We are just the consumers, the owners of the product. We don't count.
Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 PM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Originally Posted by Kelly100
have you noticed how now in 4 model years, GM really has not, in a serious manner, taken this issue on? We are just the consumers, the owners of the product. We don't count.
I can assure you there ARE GOOD people working on this that do take it very seriously
Old 11-05-2011, 04:22 PM
Kelly100
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DebRedZR1GSVert
I can assure you there ARE GOOD people working on this that do take it very seriously
I am affraid that unless you are way up there with GM, your post is just a lost grain of salt. It does not take 4 MODEL years to correct this problem unless you want to admit a design flaw in the ZR1 concept. And BTW why should this be such a secret to US OWNERS AND THE DEALERS. I remember my the first model year of the Z06 which I owned and I was blamed, cussed out, told I was a liar on the oil burning issue. I am still smarting over that one. There is nothing in your corporate history that says something like "thou shall honor the customer and his complaints. Quite the contrary.
Since the 2012 is the 4th model year, this 2012 ZR1 owner should be given a new car or his money back without ANY hassle. I can imagine this person really feels like horsepuckey
In addition why should the vast majority of people (myself included) feel scared to death to take his beautiful ZR1 to a dealer for servicing???? You could start by answering that one

Last edited by Kelly100; 11-05-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-05-2011, 11:33 PM
JKVIPER
Instructor

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I am affraid that unless you are way up there with GM, your post is just a lost grain of salt. It does not take 4 MODEL years to correct this problem unless you want to admit a design flaw in the ZR1 concept. And BTW why should this be such a secret to US OWNERS AND THE DEALERS. I remember my the first model year of the Z06 which I owned and I was blamed, cussed out, told I was a liar on the oil burning issue. I am still smarting over that one. There is nothing in your corporate history that says something like "thou shall honor the customer and his complaints. Quite the contrary.
Since the 2012 is the 4th model year, this 2012 ZR1 owner should be given a new car or his money back without ANY hassle. I can imagine this person really feels like horsepuckey
In addition why should the vast majority of people (myself included) feel scared to death to take his beautiful ZR1 to a dealer for servicing???? You could start by answering that one
GM should be ashamed of themselves. Customers shell out $120K for a car that vibrates at highway speed which clearly can make the car annoying to drive. Then to not clearly explain why this is happening and taking care of their customers they say it is a characteristic of the car.

Although I have enjoyed the 4 corvettes I've owned over the years, it is really disappointing this is the way GM treats the customers of the most expensive car they produce. Complete BS.
Old 11-06-2011, 05:16 AM
Fizzex
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011 ZR1. I love it. It's far better than either my '02 or '07 Z06. But is it perfect? The best car ever made at any price, in any country? No. Although so far the only things I've had to do is swap the front wheels/tires side to side in order to fix a tire pull. And I did a road force balance using a GSP9700 and a less aggressive alignment.

And even though the ZR1 is the most expensive vehicle GM builds what does that have to do with anything? Is it ok for their lesser priced models to have issues simply because they're less expensive? Of course not, but is it more expected? Perhaps, but that tells one more about the company itself than the vehicle. And if that's a major concern then why buy from them?

Furthermore, since the vibration issue seems to affect a number of cars should the owners expect to get a replacement vehicle simply because their car seems to have the issue? No, that is what new car warranties are for. If one dosen't like the fact they won't be given a new car if theirs has a problem then again, they shouldn't buy one made by that company. In fact, one probably shouldn't buy any new vehicle if they believe the manufacturer will simply give them a new one should the vehicle they just bought have a problem.

If a problem can't be remedied then arbitration and/or ones state Lemon Law are a means of redress.
Old 11-06-2011, 08:07 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,622 Likes on 1,741 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

Kelly, I feel your frustration. My post was to convey not everyone at GM is bad and there are good people working on the issue. The two Gentlemen who came here to work on my ZR1 and the People I met at Wixom are top notch
From what I understand changes started being made after they worked on mine, a 2010, late in summer of 2010. The 2011s were already underway Changes have been made to the 2012s. I have posted some of the changes that have been made in other threads. Obviously there are still issues with the 2012s and SOMEONE needs to give us and the Dealerships more info!
I, too, was cussed at by the GM at a local Dealership here. People should start filing reports with GM in regards to the Dealerships who can't or won't work on this issues and act like that. I choose to keep my car after the fix. They could have bought it back under the Lemon Laws here. Has anyone requested that and followed through if they are unhappy with their ZR1?
GM DEF needs to crack down on the service areas at some of these Deaelerships. I am lucky I found one not far from here who seems to have a clue with Vettes all though not ZR1 licensed. If there were any major issues it would have to go back to the Purchasing Dealership 3 hours away.
BTW my GS rides and vibrates worse than the ZR1 lately
I hope everyone here gets their issues resolved quickly. "Justin" should be posting more info than he has. I know someone here has been given the updates.
Keep documenting in this thread:
http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-c...on-issues.html

Get notified of new replies

To 2012 Owners

Quick Reply: [ZR1] 2012 Owners