Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Lowered ZR1 Pictures ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 AM
mpizz
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I lowered my ZO6, nothing changed with my alinement !

MIKE
Old 01-24-2011, 12:30 PM
SWB3
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mpizz
When I lowered my ZO6, nothing changed with my alinement !

MIKE
That's interesting, when driving straight down the road my steering wheel was off and had to be put on the rack to straighten. I would think the components are basically the same between the two cars?
Old 10-19-2012, 06:36 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Received 262 Likes on 215 Posts

beside alignment, how does it affect suspension/handling?
I lowered the Z06 all the way down on stock bolts, no change in ride, handling.
But she didn't have electro magnetic ride though
Old 10-19-2012, 07:04 PM
Nanook
lifeislikeaboxofchocolats
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-‘18-'19-'20- '21-'22-'23-'24

tweaked these a tad for ya..bout as good as it gets tho

The following users liked this post:
socialdfan (08-06-2023)
Old 10-19-2012, 07:16 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

I love that stance, that is exactly what im looking for. But i dont want to compromise handling or mess up the electro magnatic suspension.
I was wondering who had their ZR1 dropped on stock bolts?
Old 10-19-2012, 07:24 PM
narush
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I had the rear lowered on mine and it did jack the alignment up pretty good. I did nothing to the front. I had the car realigned and it is a beast now once again.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:37 PM
timmyZ06
Le Mans Master

Why rear only? Front was lower?
Old 10-19-2012, 07:52 PM
narush
Melting Slicks

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
Why rear only? Front was lower?
It has 20s in the front if I lower it they will rub. It sits even now.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:55 PM
PlanetZoom
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Old 07-27-2013, 06:55 PM
Zeekmann
Advanced

Lowered on stock bolts....

Old 07-27-2013, 08:46 PM
svtkeith
Melting Slicks

Received 69 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by SWB3
Here is a picture lowered about 1". Sorry no initial photo.

Looks awesome...
Old 07-27-2013, 09:42 PM
ZZ
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Anyone have issues with the rears rubbing on the fender and cutting into the tires?

Mine was lowered all the way on the stock bolts when I purchased it last month, but the rear tires would rub on the fender on hard bumps and was cutting into my tires. I could see the cuts and feel the rubber on the edge of the fender well. The rear tires are 335/25ZR20 on Vossen 20" rims. I raised it about 1/4" and I haven't noticed any more rubbing.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:18 PM
bdevault01
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by timmyZ06
beside alignment, how does it affect suspension/handling?
I lowered the Z06 all the way down on stock bolts, no change in ride, handling.
But she didn't have electro magnetic ride though
I would be interested in knowing the answer to this question as well. Cranking the suspension down some has to change the characteristics of the MSRC, eh?

Who agree's/disagree's? Would love to hear perspectives...
Old 07-30-2013, 11:01 AM
LFZ
Team Owner

Received 310 Likes on 227 Posts

Originally Posted by bdevault01
I would be interested in knowing the answer to this question as well. Cranking the suspension down some has to change the characteristics of the MSRC, eh?

Who agree's/disagree's? Would love to hear perspectives...
As long as you stay within the range of the stock bolts (and its a very small range) with full bushings, you're ok. Anything past that, and I'd think it would be compromising the shocks.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:38 AM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is ours, the silver 2010 next to the SSB. The dealer had lowered it on the stock bolts for a buyer whose deal fell through. Our friends' SSB is a standard height 2011. No issues until I recently put HRE P40SCs on it. Now, with the P40s, I get a slight rubbing/scraping/squealing sound when cornering aggressively under braking. I have communicated with two others who have lowered their ZR1s and installed the P40SCs. They are not experiencing the scraping sound. So, it is hard to say what is causing it. The CS reps at HRE explained that their offset for the ZR1 rims is a tad more aggressive than the factory offset. I have removed the front wheels to inspect the wheel well area and I can't see any signs of rubbing or abrasion. It's a little annoying but I love the look.

Here are a couple of shots with the new wheels.

The following users liked this post:
SSMOKE (09-22-2018)
Old 07-30-2013, 12:53 PM
Glenn Quagmire
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 604 Likes on 283 Posts

[QUOTE=barduch;1584539691]Here is ours, the silver 2010 next to the SSB. The dealer had lowered it on the stock bolts for a buyer whose deal fell through. Our friends' SSB is a standard height 2011. No issues until I recently put HRE P40SCs on it. Now, with the P40s, I get a slight rubbing/scraping/squealing sound when cornering aggressively under braking. I have communicated with two others who have lowered their ZR1s and installed the P40SCs. They are not experiencing the scraping sound. So, it is hard to say what is causing it. The CS reps at HRE explained that their offset for the ZR1 rims is a tad more aggressive than the factory offset. I have removed the front wheels to inspect the wheel well area and I can't see any signs of rubbing or abrasion. It's a little annoying but I love the look.

Geez Pat, that is damn sexy! Are you all the way down? Do you think raising it just a bit would help with the rub? Inquiring minds want to know, as for some time I've been thinking about lowering mine. However, with the P40SC's, I figured it wasn't worth it. BTW, your wheels look amazing with the paint color, and I'm not normally a huge silver fan.

I still need to call HRE and ask about the grooves being cut in the barrels of both front wheels. Our discussion reminded me that when mine first were done, the fronts wouldn't fit. Thus, they had to be redone. Plus, the satin black finish has faded quite a bit.

Not to highjack the OP's thread, but given the cost, I expected more from HRE. In fairness to them, I'm gonna give their CS a shot at making it right. Thankfully, I hung onto my factory Comp Greys...
Old 07-30-2013, 03:16 PM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

[QUOTE=Glenn Quagmire;1584540375]
Originally Posted by barduch
Here is ours, the silver 2010 next to the SSB. The dealer had lowered it on the stock bolts for a buyer whose deal fell through. Our friends' SSB is a standard height 2011. No issues until I recently put HRE P40SCs on it. Now, with the P40s, I get a slight rubbing/scraping/squealing sound when cornering aggressively under braking. I have communicated with two others who have lowered their ZR1s and installed the P40SCs. They are not experiencing the scraping sound. So, it is hard to say what is causing it. The CS reps at HRE explained that their offset for the ZR1 rims is a tad more aggressive than the factory offset. I have removed the front wheels to inspect the wheel well area and I can't see any signs of rubbing or abrasion. It's a little annoying but I love the look.

Geez Pat, that is damn sexy! Are you all the way down? Do you think raising it just a bit would help with the rub? Inquiring minds want to know, as for some time I've been thinking about lowering mine. However, with the P40SC's, I figured it wasn't worth it. BTW, your wheels look amazing with the paint color, and I'm not normally a huge silver fan.

I still need to call HRE and ask about the grooves being cut in the barrels of both front wheels. Our discussion reminded me that when mine first were done, the fronts wouldn't fit. Thus, they had to be redone. Plus, the satin black finish has faded quite a bit.

Not to highjack the OP's thread, but given the cost, I expected more from HRE. In fairness to them, I'm gonna give their CS a shot at making it right. Thankfully, I hung onto my factory Comp Greys...
Jeff, not a complete HRE highjack, as their proprietary offset for the ZR1 wheels may be an issue if one is planning to lower their car. I, too, now have the matching gravel grooves on the inside of the front wheel barrels. But, and I am guessing, probably not as noticeable as it is with your darker finish. I would never have guessed how it happened had I not stopped and witnessed that piece of gravel wedged between the caliper and the barrel. You were reading my mind with the idea of cranking it back up a notch. I am going to break out the service manual today and see if that is something that I can do myself. I will be sure to post the results. Best of luck with the HRE customer service rep. HRE, IMO, is tops in style, quality, and not being afraid to charge a premium for same. Let's hope that they offer Nordstrom customer service to go along with their Nordstrom prices. I bet they do. Keep us posted.

Get notified of new replies

To Lowered ZR1 Pictures ?

Old 07-31-2013, 01:08 PM
0HRE_Wheels
Former Vendor

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

These issues should not be happening. We apologize for the inconveniences.

'Barduch' & 'Glenn Quagmire' - please email me at jorgem@hrewheels.com with your email address and best phone number to contact.

Jorge
Old 07-31-2013, 08:42 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Not a ZR1, but a Z06 with the full ZR1 carbon kit. Lowered on stock bolts only.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:31 AM
Robert R1
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 99 Posts

For track usage only, has anyone noticed a clear improvement in handling?

If so, how much did you lower it?

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Lowered ZR1 Pictures ?