Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] A.R. Headers Pics And Dyno Results!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 10:27 PM
SteveDoten@ARH
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts
Default A.R. Headers Pics And Dyno Results!!!

Not sure if this really goes here but it's the same powerplant and I thought you guys might be interested in the gains we saw with the new CTS-V

I wanted to thank everyone for their patience. We finally got it done today and we thought these photo’s and dyno results may peak your interest. Like I said on another thread, other than the stock mufflers, (which happen to work really well not to mention sound great), the balance of the factory system is at best really restricted. We expected good gains throughout the rpm range and that’s exactly what we got. The dyno graph represents our 1-7/8” header system installed ONLY. This is with no tune, the stock air box and a 2lb. boost loss.

An important thing to note is we were able to gain back almost a full pound of boost when we installed Hennessey’s Cold Air Kit, which picked the power up to 522 RW and torque to 490 TQ. This brought the overall boost to 8lbs. In stock trim we had 9lbs. Clearly our header system needs a CAI to function at peak efficiency but we expected that. We also expected the boost loss but thanks to Hennessey that’s easily remedied. Note, we did lean it from 10.8 to 11.2 to get the final numbers. That’s the extent of the tuning.

At idle and cruise the drivability and sound are near stock. When you lay into it the sound comes to life as it should. The great news for guys who are very sound conscious is THERE IS NO DRONE! The system is 100% made in the U.S. using 304 S/S throughout. This eliminates any need for coatings. Because the factory system isn’t flanged there’s two easy cuts that need to be made to the factory pipes by the rear axle and our system simply slips over and clamps on. There is no welding necessary. The install is fairly simple and can be accomplished in 5 hours or less. Other than removing the steering shaft, both headers easily slide in. Plug access and ignition wire clearance is excellent. The next step will be adding additional boost. The target is 11lbs. total. What that nets in RWHP remains to be seen but 580-600RW would be nice. Enjoy.

Nick

Old 03-11-2009, 11:36 PM
whtgt02vert
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice numbers!
Old 03-14-2009, 01:39 AM
drivinfast
Melting Slicks

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those look great, and great results too....
I know the ZR1 is different. That include those jacking points obviously?

You gonna post the #s after the mods you mentioned?
Old 03-14-2009, 10:58 AM
KILLER06GT
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess we will be seeing how the mods do tomorrow morning
Old 03-14-2009, 04:09 PM
SteveDoten@ARH

hopefully it's a nice day
Old 03-18-2009, 04:31 PM
obzidian
Safety Car

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

NOW we are talking!

I got a chance to test drive a CTS-v and well, I would trade in my Z06 for that car. It is THAT badass!! Not faster, but i wouldn't mind going slower for that kind of GM refinement and performance out of the LSA.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:52 PM
0Steve@AandACorvette
Former Vendor

Location: Oxnard SoCal www.aacorvette.com www.superchargersuperstore.com
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Old 03-18-2009, 06:10 PM
Nick@Newtech
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice numbers
Old 03-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Joe_Planet
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why is the left header offset so much compared to the right one? it seems like it touching the chassis..
Old 03-19-2009, 06:26 PM
GForceSS
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe_Planet
why is the left header offset so much compared to the right one? it seems like it touching the chassis..
Old 03-19-2009, 08:37 PM
SteveDoten@ARH

It's not touching it's the angle the pic was taken from. Do you think if it was hitting the customer or us for that matter would'nt have seen it an fixed it. I don't remember what is on that side of the motor(not the fabricator) but if there was a better way to do it we would have. I'll have Nick respond to this with a more in detail explanation
Old 03-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Cobra4B
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
CI 3-5-6-7-8 Veteran

Awesome... funny story. Went to the gym last week and saw two CTS-Vs in the parking lot. One Crystal Red and one Silver (not sure if it's blade silver on them or not). Awesome looking cars.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:26 AM
AR Headers

Received 127 Likes on 55 Posts

Joe, The clearances are fine everywhere. If you look at the photo's closely you'll notice the odd shape of the floorboards. Our header system takes advantage of all usable space but it requires that you offset slightly. They fit and perform great.

Nick

Get notified of new replies

To A.R. Headers Pics And Dyno Results!!!

Quick Reply: [ZR1] A.R. Headers Pics And Dyno Results!!!