Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] ** RPM Heads & Cam Results inside...**

Old 09-01-2007, 04:45 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default ** RPM Heads & Cam Results inside...**

Roger's Z has been under the R&D operating table and the results are awesome.

We took some time to verify the results of a few combinations and have come up with a very wicked, yet daily driver friendly combo.

Special thanks to Carlos at Vette Air for his camshaft.....nice

The graph below is the final numbers and it is in street trim. Final A/F was 12.4 -12.6 with max timing at 22°

The final configuration consists of RPM Heads, Carlos Cam, Callaway Honker, RPM Ported Intake & RPM Ported TB.

Old 09-01-2007, 04:53 PM
NemesisC5
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 331 Likes on 241 Posts

Solid N/A combination
Old 09-01-2007, 05:18 PM
vetterlatethannever
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Darn good numbers!
Old 09-01-2007, 06:04 PM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 374 Likes on 299 Posts

Default Nice numbers

What was the stock starting point?
Old 09-01-2007, 06:39 PM
ayousef
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

only those mods? thats like the best ive seen for NA, and I am assuming that is a mild cam??
Old 09-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 599 Likes on 220 Posts

can you say torque?
Old 09-01-2007, 06:55 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by double06
What was the stock starting point?
It's been awhile and when the owner will chimes in here he'll know.

I believe that the car was 450 stock, 480 headers/air intake, 498 headers/air intake/ported intake manifold.

These mods reflect the improvements of porting the heads, a much bigger cam, a cold air intake and a ported TB.

I've seen several cars make similar power with similar attention to detail and specs. You can't just point a finger at a cam catalog or guess.

Thanks,

Charlie
Old 09-01-2007, 07:00 PM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by ayousef
only those mods? thats like the best ive seen for NA, and I am assuming that is a mild cam??

No, I don't consider the cam to be mild but on the same note, it's not crazy wild, either.

I would certainly characterize this cam as "lopey" but very much a streetable cam.

Thanks,

Charlie
Old 09-02-2007, 03:45 AM
0C_Williams@RPM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Stingray23
can you say torque?
thanks....it pulls very well at all speeds
Old 09-02-2007, 07:03 AM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by C_Williams@RPM
No, I don't consider the cam to be mild but on the same note, it's not crazy wild, either.

I would certainly characterize this cam as "lopey" but very much a streetable cam.

Thanks,

Charlie
Thanks Charlie and wow, you did it again!

Look at that torque curve and power output...can you say power under the curve and "solid tuning" parameters considering the crappy CA gas and weather?

Yes, this cam lopes like a 427 should and it is VERY streetable. Folks, those days of big cams and no drivability are OVER!

Any capable tuner in the country can install this cam and tune it to drive like a cream puff. If you live in California, simply contact/visit Charlie; take advantage of his tuning offer, knowledge of this cam and workmanship prowess.

Many guys in Texas are well aware of this cam capabilities, drivability and beyond. Now it is time for the rest of the country to learn...thanks again Charlie

Carlos

Last edited by Myhardtop; 09-02-2007 at 07:35 AM.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:03 AM
thee Dragon
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stellar results considering the low timing and rich final A/F
Old 09-02-2007, 09:57 AM
UBNZO6D
Drifting

Received 118 Likes on 71 Posts

Simply awesome Charlie...I'm on vacation on the east coast with my sons...I will give you a call when I get home Tuesday...

Greg
Old 09-02-2007, 10:09 AM
c5_from_jc
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice gain, but what causes the big power drop at 6700 rpm?
Old 09-02-2007, 10:41 AM
cbgpe
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Default chassis dyno or engine dyno ?

Originally Posted by C_Williams@RPM
Roger's Z has been under the R&D operating table and the results are awesome.

We took some time to verify the results of a few combinations and have come up with a very wicked, yet daily driver friendly combo.

Special thanks to Carlos at Vette Air for his camshaft.....nice

The graph below is the final numbers and it is in street trim. Final A/F was 12.4 -12.6 with max timing at 22°

The final configuration consists of RPM Heads, Carlos Cam, Callaway Honker, RPM Ported Intake & RPM Ported TB.

Looked over the results and wondered are these RWHP or engine dyno hp?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:01 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

That is the same cam that SW used in his car and he told me it was very drivable and made similar numbers in his car. Hes tried several iterations of cams in the two different Zs that he has had and is very happy with Carlos cam
Old 09-02-2007, 04:10 PM
RGT
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Myhardtop
Thanks Charlie and wow, you did it again!

Look at that torque curve and power output...can you say power under the curve and "solid tuning" parameters considering the crappy CA gas and weather?

Yes, this cam lopes like a 427 should and it is VERY streetable. Folks, those days of big cams and no drivability are OVER!

Any capable tuner in the country can install this cam and tune it to drive like a cream puff. If you live in California, simply contact/visit Charlie; take advantage of his tuning offer, knowledge of this cam and workmanship prowess.

Many guys in Texas are well aware of this cam capabilities, drivability and beyond. Now it is time for the rest of the country to learn...thanks again Charlie

Carlos
I am very happy to say that I am the owner of this car. This is by no means a small cam. This is a wicked cam that has that great "hot rod" lope that sounds downright nasty at idle...Charlie's legendary tuning skills along with his expertise at head porting and engine building in general produced a combination that makes this cam very streetable, yet my car pulls like a freight train when the gas pedal is mashed. Charlie spend considerable time in dialing the tuning in just right. As a result, there is absolutely no low rpm surging that is commonly seen in big cams. I highly recommend this cam to everyone who wants to see significant gains in horsepower and torque without going the blower route.

I would also like to give a very special thanks to Carlos at Vette-Air for recommending this cam. I believe that Carlos has this same cam in his personal car that ran in the 9's in the quarter mile. Correct me if I am wrong on this Carlos.
Roger
Old 09-02-2007, 05:26 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tjwong
That is the same cam that SW used in his car and he told me it was very drivable and made similar numbers in his car. Hes tried several iterations of cams in the two different Zs that he has had and is very happy with Carlos cam
You are right Mr. Wong, this is the same cam found in one of SW's Z06.

This cam down right makes power w/o sacrificing drivability and having to rev the motor sky high...power under curve baby!

Yes Roger, we tested this cam on my car and and many other cars for that matter. I ran high 9's w/o a cam at the track (oficial); cammed mid 9's are not officially recorded (no track)...G-tech pro tested only.

A new nastier cam is currently being tested on my car with bone stock heads seeing how it behaves...this cam is called Lucifer. Intial testing with ported heads has shown that this cam is downright wicked...more to come, soon!

Thanks,
Carlos

PS, every cam we sell comes with its individual "cam doctor" spec sheet. That's right, our cams are cam doctor so you know you are getting the real deal and not some off the shelf run of the mill piece.

Get notified of new replies

To ** RPM Heads & Cam Results inside...**

Old 09-02-2007, 05:53 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Myhardtop

Thanks,
Carlos

PS, every cam we sell comes with its individual "cam doctor" spec sheet. That's right, our cams are cam doctor so you know you are getting the real deal and not some off the shelf run of the mill piece.
Carlos, that is great because as any reputable tuner knows that when one installs a cam and to insure its in properly one degrees it to assure that. But without a cam card that is impossible to do. Some suppliers of these "custom cams" won't supply a cam card and say "just stick it in straight up" Jeez how many cams have you found that isn't ground quite right? I would want to know, and I am sure you would as well!
Old 09-02-2007, 06:41 PM
0Myhardtop
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by tjwong
Carlos, that is great because as any reputable tuner knows that when one installs a cam and to insure its in properly one degrees it to assure that. But without a cam card that is impossible to do. Some suppliers of these "custom cams" won't supply a cam card and say "just stick it in straight up" Jeez how many cams have you found that isn't ground quite right? I would want to know, and I am sure you would as well!
That is an excellent point Mr. Wong!

Remember, I've been on the other side of the fence; I hate it when I couldn't get cam numbers and was at the mercy of the vendors.

Folks, if you buy a cam from me [Vette-Air], you will get a cam doctor spec sheet that has EVERYTHING you or your installer needs. We don't play games...we make power!

Oh yeah, our QM 600 cam is $399.95/ with spring kit is $699.95! You see, no vette tax!
Thanks,
Carlos
Old 09-02-2007, 07:08 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

I never got a cam card with my builder and it annoys the heck out of me. feel like designing me a custom solid roller for a measly LT4 c4 ?

BTW awesome #s from that cam and setup.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] ** RPM Heads & Cam Results inside...**