Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] The Top Gear Video if you haven't seen it yet.

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Outsider
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Top Gear Video if you haven't seen it yet.

http://www.sleepy-fish.com/sleepy/To...orvette_lo.wmv

I know it is not a Z but for those who would like to see where the Z's starting point will be just watch. You will have to endure some brits ripping on the vette though.
Old 08-09-2004, 02:40 PM
mikeo
Burning Brakes

I just love when I hear Brits referring to the U.S. as "the colonies." Not only does this guy need to go back to school and re-study history, but he needs to go to a better driving school as well. I have to think that the ouctome of the drag race would have been a little different with a better driver. Otherwise, pretty cool video. Thanks for the post.
Old 08-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Outsider
Burning Brakes

there are a lot of things I saw that were bias, like their TVR winning the race, the way the driver was around the course. hearing the guy complaine about the shifting, and then watching him shift later in the video he is contradicting himself. But if the Corvette can beat a lotus, and a 911 GT2, the Z will be one hell of a car.
Old 08-09-2004, 06:47 PM
VetterMan
Burning Brakes

Old 08-09-2004, 08:49 PM
Chief Pontiac
Racer

Ever Vette and GM web site I have been on has had that video and ya know what.Every time I hear about it I want to
It is so one sided and biased that a kid would notice.The problem is that they are so blinded by their additude that the UK and the rest of the euro manufactures make the best cars.That when an American car that costs less and delivers the same performance as their so called super cars.They cant or wont even admit it,because if they did they would admit that their cars are inferior.They can kiss my a**.
Old 08-18-2004, 06:45 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Getting tired of references to this site. It's been beat to death over and over already. How many threads do we need on the forum about it? And why was it posted in the C6 Z06 area?

They were joking in the video to begin with!
Old 08-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

I LOVE THE PART AT THE END..........where the brit is STUNNED that the Vette gave that kind of lap time........and STILL he can't compliment it.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:21 PM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Shylor

They were joking in the video to begin with!
No, they really weren't.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:11 PM
03QuicksilverZ06
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ryan Bell
No, they really weren't.
You are correct.. GM sends a car in good faith (and by the way were warned by other british mags not to send it to top gear,, more on that later.. ) The antiamerican statement about america having it's finger up other nations noses, then proceeds to let a nsx beat the c6 is laughable at best .. the tvr as a 5.2 0-60 on its own page.. the c6 should have been right with it...... another mag said they would disrespect the car on the review and wreck it... They received the car with bald tires, stripped transmission, and dented bodywork..

Pretty nice for a country that would be speaking German if not for their allies
Old 08-18-2004, 10:13 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

No, they really weren't.

Ah, yes they were! If you watch their other reviews then you could have seen how their show works.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:07 AM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Ah, yes they were! If you watch their other reviews then you could have seen how their show works.
I do, and I have. It's not a joke. Do they *say* it jokingly? Yes. Underneath it all, are they REALLY kidding? No. They're saying it jokingly in order to get the same point across and not make themselves look like jerks (which they still did in my opinion). But make no mistake, they're not kidding.
Old 08-19-2004, 07:38 PM
OatBoy
Pro

that drag race made no sense
Old 08-19-2004, 10:12 PM
Shylor
Le Mans Master

Underneath it all, are they REALLY kidding? No. They're saying it jokingly in order to get the same point across

You are to sensitive.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:14 PM
Outsider
Burning Brakes

i do not think they were joking. they are arrogant, and feel that they are better then us "colonials" and our cars cant compare to theirs. I wonder if they are still pissed that we beat them?, even though it was over 200 years ago. But who cares, i sure dont.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:12 AM
Chief Pontiac
Racer

I do, and I have. It's not a joke. Do they *say* it jokingly? Yes. Underneath it all, are they REALLY kidding? No. They're saying it jokingly in order to get the same point across and not make themselves look like jerks (which they still did in my opinion). But make no mistake, they're not kidding.
But you know what.We know we have a car that can kick their euro trash in the a** and they know it.So to make them feel better they have to put it down.Very normal behavior for someone who feels inferior.
Old 08-20-2004, 10:01 AM
INTRUBL
Le Mans Master

They certainly made the NSX guys day. They went on for days over at their forum nsxprime.com. The last English car I owned was a 1971 Spitfire, blew the rear after 7,000 miles and again after another 5,000. Every time it rained and I turned on the wipers I would blow a fuse . Two happy days with an English car, the day you buy it and the day you sell it!
Old 08-20-2004, 10:57 AM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

You are to sensitive.
I didn't say it personally bothered me in the depths of my soul.

I just said that they were serious, which they are. I think it's stupid, but whatever.

Most importantly, the fact that they were not truly joking has no bearing on whether or not I am "too sensitive" or not.

Last edited by Ryan Bell; 08-20-2004 at 11:00 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To The Top Gear Video if you haven't seen it yet.

Old 08-20-2004, 10:59 AM
Ryan Bell
Team Owner

Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Originally Posted by Chief Pontiac
But you know what.We know we have a car that can kick their euro trash in the a** and they know it.So to make them feel better they have to put it down.Very normal behavior for someone who feels inferior.

The truth hurts. The Vette beat the GT3, the Exige, and basically just about everything else..........all for less $. Don't mistake that Evo for costing less than the Vette either. The FQ340 Evo is well over $50k....in fact, I think it's $60k over there.
Old 08-20-2004, 01:16 PM
Z06Kal
Advanced

Don't forget the EVO MR and GT3 rolls on straight R-compound tires. The evo basically a better version of the Yok A032. What do you think was on the C6? I gurantee it was the standard narrow 300UAE Goodyear Runflats the car comes with. IMagine what the c6 would have done with some R-compound under it and z06 sizing. I'd like to see the lap time then. IF it ran a time simlar to the Zonda or Konigsegg which costs 10 times more you would have seen them a little bit quieter at the end... : I've heard them comment on that show about how American cars can't turn and how the Ford GT was the first american car that can turn. Funny last I checked in every car magazine from 1996-2000+ the GTS Viper abiliterated all the euro/*** cars in track times without even ABS till the later years. The z06 and Viper now are of the top hot lap sports car in the world including all the crazy expensive stuff. The next closest euro cars are like 30,000+ more than a Viper and 60,000 more than a z06.....

Last edited by Z06Kal; 08-20-2004 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-06-2004, 01:56 PM
ZAD54
Drifting

Isn't jealousy great?

Quick Reply: [Z06] The Top Gear Video if you haven't seen it yet.