Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Oil analysts question.

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 10:06 AM
Trotter
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruno417
My car since new has always shown between 20-22 psi at idle when oil is fully warmed to at least 165*. Somewhere in the GM service manual I believe it stats what the oil pressure should be and that number falls with in the recommended range.
it is so strange because i read others with bone stock who are 25-28 at idle and never below. I guess oil could make a difference but i only have the dealer change it and have used mobil 1 5w30 since day 1.
just seems odd that the pressures would vary that much motor to motor
Old 02-07-2024, 12:46 PM
Les-10
Bow-Tie Guy
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Trotter
my apologies but i think you are asking about rpm?
600 rpm at idle
While there is no problem with a 600 rpm idle, for comparative purposes I believe you'll find most are idling at a little higher rpm yielding slightly higher oil pressure
Old 02-07-2024, 01:28 PM
Trotter
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Les-10
While there is no problem with a 600 rpm idle, for comparative purposes I believe you'll find most are idling at a little higher rpm yielding slightly higher oil pressure
Thank you.
I just made an assumption that a stock LS7 from the factory would be the same across the board but what you state would make sense for the difference
And although I doubt this makes one bit of difference - this is a 427 vert - not a Z06.

Quick Reply: [Z06] Oil analysts question.