Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[ZR1] Need a fuel pump - 2013 model

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2023, 05:13 PM
Blue Thunder
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
National Champs Gators 4 St. Jude '09

Default Need a fuel pump - 2013 model

I need a fuel pump assembly, GM Part # 19420818

ACDelco 19420818 Genuine GM Parts Fuel Pump Module Assembly

and it would appear there is a national shortage, backorder, whatever you want to call it. Haven't been able to find it for months.

I've searched multiple threads and have not found the answer to this one.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution for this item?

Thanks in advance.
Blue Thunder
Old 10-15-2023, 07:30 PM
gdonzi
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have one on order with Summit Racing delivery is expected late November :/ After market try Fore Fuel pumps but it's not a plug and play system. What symptoms is your car having?
Old 01-07-2024, 10:05 PM
PSS
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue Thunder
I need a fuel pump assembly, GM Part # 19420818

ACDelco 19420818 Genuine GM Parts Fuel Pump Module Assembly

and it would appear there is a national shortage, backorder, whatever you want to call it. Haven't been able to find it for months.

I've searched multiple threads and have not found the answer to this one.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket solution for this item?

Thanks in advance.
Blue Thunder
Sorry for the response to an old thread. Just saw this in a search.

Did you figure out a solution? What is wrong with the module. If it is the pump we can probably replace the pump itself. Not sure if the level sensor is the same as on the standard C6 and Z06 pumps. If it is we could swap the level sensor. But if you need an entire module then that is more difficult/expensive since they are hard to come by (and expensive when you can get them).
Old 01-08-2024, 07:40 AM
Rokket
Burning Brakes

Received 267 Likes on 198 Posts

You can swap in an E5LM pump from what I've read. It's Bugatti Veyron brushless pump.
The following users liked this post:
LS9TA (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 10:01 AM
Konadog06
Racer

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Latest word from Summit is March 11/2024 ship date. Don’t hold your breath as that date has been moved back 3 months at a time for over a year now.
Recently checked with Summit to see if my original order was still in force, it was not. Also noted at that time that you weren’t even allowed to place an order anymore. Signed up for a notification if part became available. Last week an email notification arrived saying the part could now be ordered with a ship date of 3/11. Who knows..
Bill
Florida
Old 01-08-2024, 12:16 PM
Masonpauls1
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

DW400 series, 415 lph is what's going in my '07Z with 850cc injectors. Looks like the pump is ready to ship.
LS9TA (01-08-2024)
Old 01-08-2024, 10:56 PM
PSS
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Rokket
You can swap in an E5LM pump from what I've read. It's Bugatti Veyron brushless pump.
Yes, that is what I was referring to. We have some of those pumps. But that only works if the problem is the pump and not something else in the module.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:02 PM
PSS
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Masonpauls1
DW400 series, 415 lph is what's going in my '07Z with 850cc injectors. Looks like the pump is ready to ship.
DW400 is a brush type pump. You would have to disable the OEM pump controller in a ZR1 to use that. Also the OEM ZR1 pump flows more than the DW400.

The DW400 does flow more than the OEM Z06 pump but you will have to disable the venturi pump to run it (I don't think they offer a version with a secondary feed to drive the venturi (jet) pump.

Old 01-08-2024, 11:03 PM
PSS
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Konadog06
Latest word from Summit is March 11/2024 ship date. Don’t hold your breath as that date has been moved back 3 months at a time for over a year now.
Recently checked with Summit to see if my original order was still in force, it was not. Also noted at that time that you weren’t even allowed to place an order anymore. Signed up for a notification if part became available. Last week an email notification arrived saying the part could now be ordered with a ship date of 3/11. Who knows..
Bill
Florida
Have you tried placing an order directly with a GM dealer for this GM module. Summit is probably buying it from a GM dealer as well. And if you gave the dealer your VIN and said the vehicle was disabled you might get the pump sooner.

Konadog06 (01-09-2024)
Old 01-18-2024, 08:23 PM
CorvetteFan1953
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

https://www.ebay.com/itm/11602336219...mis&media=COPY

is this of any use? Perhaps this can be swapped In
Old 01-19-2024, 07:57 AM
Blue Thunder
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In I Veteran
National Champs Gators 4 St. Jude '09

Originally Posted by PSS
Have you tried placing an order directly with a GM dealer for this GM module. Summit is probably buying it from a GM dealer as well. And if you gave the dealer your VIN and said the vehicle was disabled you might get the pump sooner.
Had one on order with GM dealer for 10 months and they came back and said the order could not be fulfilled....and they don't even know if it ever could. So, going the aftermarket route.
Old 01-19-2024, 09:01 AM
double06
Melting Slicks

Received 376 Likes on 301 Posts

You could look at Lingenfelter or Racetronix they have pumps for sale - what is in stock I do not know.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:02 PM
PSS
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by double06
You could look at Lingenfelter or Racetronix they have pumps for sale - what is in stock I do not know.
But those pumps won't work with the OEM ZR1 fuel pump controller since it is expecting a brushless DC pump. You would have to change to a different fuel pump control module and then configure the vehicle to accept that module (or disable the module).

Now on a Z06 it is a different story since that used a conventional brush type pump. But I think those modules are also much easier to get.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:04 PM
CorvetteFan1953
Burning Brakes

Received 224 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by PSS
But those pumps won't work with the OEM ZR1 fuel pump controller since it is expecting a brushless DC pump. You would have to change to a different fuel pump control module and then configure the vehicle to accept that module (or disable the module).

Now on a Z06 it is a different story since that used a conventional brush type pump. But I think those modules are also much easier to get.
Apparently the one I linked above is the original TI Automotive pump, but just the pump itself. $375.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:08 PM
PSS
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Konadog06
Bill
Florida
If the one from Summit/GM dealer doesn't show up, would an aftermarket replacement module that still uses the same E5LM TI Auto brushless pump be of interest (assuming it is designed to be a drop in replacement - fully compatible with the OEM ZR1 pump controller (and requiring no changes to the controller programming etc)? If it could be done for roughly the same price ($1200-$1500)?

Old 01-20-2024, 02:17 PM
PSS
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by CorvetteFan1953
Apparently the one I linked above is the original TI Automotive pump, but just the pump itself. $375.
Yes, the pump you linked to is the correct pump for the ZR1 module but if you need an all new module you need more than just the pump. You might need a new module because you need a new filter (shouldn't unless very high mileage but it is possible) or maybe the level sensor isn't working etc or maybe the module got damaged during other repairs.

Old 02-03-2024, 10:26 AM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PSS
I made a separate thread looking for a pump as well a few months back. My car has been at the stealership since April last year as well as contacting Summit and placing an order. So well see what happens. Hopefully sooner than later this year, waiting patiently.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...fuel-pump.html

Get notified of new replies

To Need a fuel pump - 2013 model

Old 02-03-2024, 10:28 AM
PSS
Heel & Toe

Originally Posted by Supersonic_ZR1
I made a separate thread looking for a pump as well a few months back. My car has been at the stealership since April last year as well as contacting Summit and placing an order. So well see what happens. Hopefully sooner than later this year, waiting patiently.
Are you saying your car has been disabled since April due to the lack of a fuel pump?
Old 02-03-2024, 10:32 AM
Supersonic_ZR1
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PSS
Are you saying your car has been disabled since April due to the lack of a fuel pump?
Yes
Old 02-04-2024, 12:01 PM
92rsz
Pro

Received 242 Likes on 168 Posts

You could conceivably put a normal c6 or something like the lingenfelter e85 pump module in a zr1 and make it work. The fpcm can be turned off in the tuning software. It would take a hotwire pump harness and a signal from the fuel pump relay to turn it on. You will have to alter the tune because the zr1 commands different pressures based on load. But at least you could drive the car until/if the zr1 module becomes available again

Quick Reply: [ZR1] Need a fuel pump - 2013 model