Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Stiffer and more responsive setup

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2023, 03:37 AM
Blomman
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stiffer and more responsive setup

Hi,

I recently switched to DRM Bilsteins with the poly bushings on my 2007 C6Z06.

I like the shocks but would prefer an even stiffer, more responsive ride with added road feel. The car is just a weekend toy, so I am not too concerned about comfort.

Therefore, I plan on doing the following additional modifications:
1. Borg Motorsport Premium Delrin 100AF Bushings (already purchased)
2. AMT Adjustable Camber Kit with front upper control arm stud kit (since I will be messing about with the control arms) (not purchased yet)
3. LG G1 front and rear sway bars with quiet adjustable links (I have an aftermarket exhaust, so clearance should not be an issue) (not purchased yet)

Any thoughts on this? Is there anything else I should upgrade while I am at it?

Thanks and Happy Easter!

Blomman
Old 04-07-2023, 07:13 AM
Blizzard1975
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I`d put stiffer engine and trans mounts (e.g. Hinson), much better driveline feel and reduced wheel hop
Old 04-07-2023, 10:30 AM
Sandman_73
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Recently put Hinson motor mounts on my car. Really changed the feel of the car for the better. Love how the shifter doesn’t move in my hands.
Old 04-07-2023, 11:54 AM
AzDave47
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,532 Likes on 2,610 Posts

Sandman, I don't use two hands to move the shifter. Is it hard to shift gears if the shifter doesn't move?

OP. billet motor mounts will help.
Old 04-07-2023, 12:34 PM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 175 Likes on 138 Posts

I went with the following parts and love how my car drives.

@LG Motorsports
LG Motorsports G2 Coilover Kit
LG Motorsports G1 Sway Bars
Hypercoil Springs 700 Front, 650 Rear

@Mark@AMT Motorsport
AMT Motorsports Adjustable Camber Kit
AMT Motorsports Motor Mounts

@Van Steel
Van Steel Delrin Control Arm Bushing Kit
Old 04-07-2023, 01:59 PM
Sandman_73
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by AzDave47
Sandman, I don't use two hands to move the shifter. Is it hard to shift gears if the shifter doesn't move?

OP. billet motor mounts will help.
Im referring to how the shifter moves while in any gear due to all the movement in the factory motor mounts.
Watch any C6 track video on YouTube and you can see how the shifter moves considerably under engine load and around corners. With the Hinson mounts the shifter and car now act like one. Also very noticeable at low speeds (in 1st or 2nd) just driving through parking lots on/off throttle. No movement…👍
Old 04-08-2023, 01:44 AM
Blomman
Intermediate

Thanks everyone for great input!

It seems as if I am on the right track here. A set of coilovers would of course be great but probably overkill for my intended use, and the DRM Bilsteins that I recently installed should perform well on the street.

Perhaps I need to add motor and diff mounts to my list of upcoming modifications. I like the look of the AMT mounts. I will have to do some research here.
Old 04-08-2023, 09:01 AM
Bruno417
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

I put the DRM Bilsteins on my car, swapped out the crappy OEM cast rotors for a set of two piece Baer Eradispeed rotors along with a set on Michelin PS4S' and it made a huge difference. Before the swap if you mashed the throttle at 3000 rpm in first gear all you got was axle hop. Now that is all gone. My tuner also did play around with TCM, but I don't think that was what eliminated the axle hop.
Old 04-09-2023, 11:14 AM
Blomman
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Bruno417
I put the DRM Bilsteins on my car, swapped out the crappy OEM cast rotors for a set of two piece Baer Eradispeed rotors along with a set on Michelin PS4S' and it made a huge difference. Before the swap if you mashed the throttle at 3000 rpm in first gear all you got was axle hop. Now that is all gone. My tuner also did play around with TCM, but I don't think that was what eliminated the axle hop.
Yes, a decent set of tires is a must. I replaced the original runflats with a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 4S as soon as I purchased the car a few years ago. What a difference! Apart from the original tires being hockey pucks after 12+ years, performance tires really have improved in general over the past decade.

Get notified of new replies

To Stiffer and more responsive setup

Quick Reply: Stiffer and more responsive setup