Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

AI cylinder heads

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2023, 05:11 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 907 Likes on 372 Posts

Originally Posted by REDZED2
Go with Tony. He won't fudge you or sling you bs. He does not have a chassis dyno I'm highly sure. Contact him through here or his website.

Good luck
Actually I have a really nice 24" roller SuperFlow with an 800 HP Eddy brake / load cell.....its under a tarp at the moment but hoping 2023 is the year we finally break ground on the install!!

Im really looking forward to getting this dyno up and running finally

💪😎

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com
The following users liked this post:
Glenn_B (03-06-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 08:55 AM
racerx3317
Drifting

Received 209 Likes on 163 Posts

..boy you are soo toast. Goodbye to the Forum for you. 🙂

The following 3 users liked this post by racerx3317:
Coy_W (03-21-2023), LS7_guy (03-07-2023), REDZED2 (03-02-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 09:14 AM
Noblebro175
Pro

Received 136 Likes on 112 Posts

Go with Tony. He won't fudge you or sling you bs. He does not have a chassis dyno I'm highly sure. Contact him through here or his website.

Good luck
  1. I'm resisting for now. I gotta get a car 1st lol. Life's priorities 1st. But I will be in contact when the time comes. Been lurking since 2020. Intaking everyone's threads,etc. I realize there's a ton of reputable shops and companies. Don't see Mamo mentioned alot other than everyone and their brother uses his ported intakes but what I do see of him, it's always positive and praises. I like the fact he uses what he does.
REDZED2 (03-02-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 09:46 AM
Colonel
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 187 Posts

..boy you are soo toast. Goodbye to the Forum for you. 🙂
I think most here would agree that's it's YOU who needs a vacation. I haven't seen such assery in this section in a very long time. Drunk much?

The following 5 users liked this post by Colonel:
airbrush1 (03-02-2023), Coy_W (03-21-2023), LS7_guy (03-07-2023), racerx3317 (03-02-2023), SPDKLZ1 (03-02-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 11:00 AM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,606 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Actually I have a really nice 24" roller SuperFlow with an 800 HP Eddy brake / load cell.....its under a tarp at the moment but hoping 2023 is the year we finally break ground on the install!!

Im really looking forward to getting this dyno up and running finally

💪😎
Glad you're getting the dyno installed, Tony. Can only help you in the long run..
Old 03-02-2023, 11:04 AM
grinder11
Race Director

Received 3,606 Likes on 2,556 Posts

Sad to see all the sniping and BS. Can't we all get along? We're all here-hopefully-for common good of our cars, and educating each other, not name calling and personal insults. Sheesh...
Glenn_B (03-06-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 11:16 AM
Dj_or_dj
Burning Brakes

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by PSYKED
hmm. so many heads, so many opinions. that is what is hard to wade through. i kinda feel like i could put a bunch of companies names in a hat and pull one out and be just fine. i definitely want a nicely ported head. i've heard good things about mamo, trick flow, ai, american heritage, and i forget the name of others. sounds like a bunch of subtleties between different companies porting and maybe geometry if an aftermarket casting. part of me thinks an aftermarket casting may be better as you can maybe avoid some of the flaws gm has with the heads. but, i hear really good things about companies that port the stock heads.

Throughout all the research I have done in trying to determine which heads cam package would suit my needs best. I had taken my time and really studied dyno charts. I'm not worried about what the numbers "are" or "aren't" instead I began looking at Torque and HP curves. I didn't make my decision hastily, and it took me an entire 2 years of reviews, calls, research to reach my deciding point.

If you look at the dyno graphs below.

This graph was from last year in April. As the tune got better so did the numbers. Also looking at the torque curve; the car makes around 300 ft-lb almost instantly 2200 rpm it and remains flat well passed peak and gradually falls off. The HP comes in smooth and Carrie's all the way to top end. This engine was still making power with no signs of the curve falling off when they let off @ 6900 rpm.

This car from this dyno graph is my good friends Z06 he too is running the RAMAIR SS CAI. He just got tuned within this month. More like one and a half weeks ago. Both of these cars are almost 1 year apart. And if you look at the torque curve you will see torque begins building immediately and flattens off gradually towards top end which is a VERY common trait with Tony MAMO's heads cam packages.

In comparison to many other companies this is something that drew my attention.

They are two different cars, that are in two different time zones. Almost 1 year apart Tuned by two different tuners on two different dyno's, but the sexiness in the torque curve and how smooth the power comes to life. Not to mention how it carries though-out the power band is really what got my attention.

You can clearly see how well set up and thought out these heads cam packages that Tony designs truly are.

That is why I decided to go with MAMO MOTORSPORTS MMS and their 265cc stage 1 heads over all other manufacturers out there.

In comparison, below don't look at the numbers. Look at the torque curve differences from above 👆 and below 👇 and the way the power comes to life.

The first graph shows the difference between the old heads/cai and new heads/cai, the 2nd graph is the difference between the old cam/balancer and the new cam/balancer.

539whp: stock heads, mamo msd, nw103, arh 1-7/8 headers, corsa intake, hsa s3.7 cam(supposed to be btr stg 3 equivalent)

551whp: added AHP Archangel heads(66cc) and ramairss intake

567whp: added btr stg 4 v2 and 10% ud balancer

Again we are not talking about dyno numbers here... just the power curves.

Last edited by Dj_or_dj; 03-02-2023 at 11:40 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Dj_or_dj:
LS7_guy (03-07-2023), MswmSwmsW (03-03-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 11:42 AM
Dj_or_dj
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by grinder11
Sad to see all the sniping and BS. Can't we all get along? We're all here-hopefully-for common good of our cars, and educating each other, not name calling and personal insults. Sheesh...
A-men
Old 03-02-2023, 11:46 AM
racerx3317
Drifting

Originally Posted by grinder11
Absolutely. But I also don't think anyone here should have to put up with disrespect when we are trying to have a simple discussion. Sorry if anyone was offended.
Coy_W (03-21-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 12:34 PM
Dj_or_dj
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Noblebro175
So, I see many on here that dump 20k in a stage 4 or radical HCI , making 620-650rwhp and its still stock bottom end ls7.

I wasn't aware if I dropped the car off at AHP , theyed charge me 10-12k to perform a engine swap and tune. I assume a clutch install would run 3-4k give or take , providing I didn't pick the more expensive options out there. Maybe a monster ,etc.... regardless , you didn't mention how much the average ls7 went for so I'll again assume 10k. Now, I'm looking at 5-8k over a HCI package. That's figuring 25k for a turnkey stroker.
A stock bottom end LS7 is not something to be laughed at. The OEM heads may be garbage but that bottom end is a masterpiece. People don't do anything with the bottom ends because they really don't need to. A 620-650 whp C6 Z06 is a VERY FAST car that can and often does spin tire in 3rd gear well into triple digit mph.

Let me put it into perspective, a 600 whp Z06 will leave an 800 whp just about anything else.

A stock Z06 will walk a 600cc crotch rocket.

A Full HCI car will walk a 1000cc crotch rocket.

On a stock bottom end.

When these cars get out of control it is a violent out of control situation that happens in the blink of an eye.

I am sure you want to go to a 440 cu in displacement. It sounds like fun and all, until it scares the living hell out of you and points itself at a Gaurd rail at 120 mph +.
Old 03-02-2023, 12:47 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,290 Likes on 934 Posts

Keep traction control and active handling on. I never understand why people take them off
Pauls zo6 (03-04-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 01:01 PM
Dj_or_dj
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
Keep traction control and active handling on. I never understand why people take them off

Hahaha you spying on me??? You mean drive with Nannies engaged?

I ride motorcycles, and traction control is all in the right wrist. I have owned several crotch rockets over the years, I have owned a couple CBR 1000rr's, zx6r, zx10r, R1 and Hayabusa which I did a top gear pull on several times. It has seen over 220mph on the speedo.

Personally I like the way the car feels without Nannies engaged.

And I have changed my driving habits ...the car learned me something good.

nothing like an ohh **** moment where your ******* squeezes so tight you can make a Diamond to keep you from doing that again LOL
richie427 (03-22-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 01:03 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,015 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by Noblebro175
So, I see many on here that dump 20k in a stage 4 or radical HCI , making 620-650rwhp and its still stock bottom end ls7.

I wasn't aware if I dropped the car off at AHP , theyed charge me 10-12k to perform a engine swap and tune. I assume a clutch install would run 3-4k give or take , providing I didn't pick the more expensive options out there. Maybe a monster ,etc.... regardless , you didn't mention how much the average ls7 went for so I'll again assume 10k. Now, I'm looking at 5-8k over a HCI package. That's figuring 25k for a turnkey stroker.
And engine swap labor is not $10k-$12k, in fact its not even half of that amount.
One of our turn key ready Forged LS7s can range from around $15k-$30k depending on the parts used and if we are reworking some of your parts or going with all new parts. With that said we do give core credit for alot of parts when going with all new parts for our engine builds.
Here is a link if you want to check out pricing and options:
https://americanheritageperformance...._by_popularity
of course you can always send me an email hp@americanheritageperformance.com to discuss anything you dont see or any questions you might have.

AHP uses a hub dyno so numbers are 40 extra tq and similar hp
FYI.
This is not an accurate statement at all.
A properly calibrated Hub dyno will read the same as a properly calibrated rear wheel dyno when all other factors are the same. Plus there are a ton of dyno sheets out there of our products on cars from all over the world on tons of different dynos not just on the dyno's we use. If you want to start picking on dyno numbers I would start with the incorrect correction factor a lot of guys that post chassis dyno graphs online use. All Chassis dyno graphs should be posted using the industry standard for chassis dynos which is SAE J1349 (2004) correction factor, this is going to be the correction factor that generates the lowest numbers. Any other correction factor being used when posting a Chassis dyno graph is artificially inflating the numbers.

https://americanheritageperformance.com/
The following 2 users liked this post by American Heritage:
Glenn_B (03-06-2023), Noblebro175 (03-02-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 01:06 PM
racerx3317
Drifting

I don't like to feel like a computer is driving my car instead of me. I hate how the car reacts with all the nannies on if it gets just a little sideways. If it's raining or something, I leave them on but otherwise I'm usually in comp mode.
Old 03-02-2023, 01:13 PM
Colonel
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 187 Posts

I never turn it off. I actually wish the traction control were quicker to respond (needs a faster thinking brain I think...like me before coffee) and just a little more aggressive when doing so. If I roll into the power in 2nd the traction control seems to allow the TC to keep up with things as the traction breaks loose and I can ride the hazing all the way through to redline. That's in 2nd. There is no hope for 1st gear traction any longer. I'd love to be able to really hammer it in 1st and 2nd and let the TC handle things....but it's not programmed for this kind of power. Gonna need a Motec or similar for that.
Noblebro175 (03-03-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 01:55 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Colonel

I never turn it off. I actually wish the traction control were quicker to respond (needs a faster thinking brain I think...like me before coffee) and just a little more aggressive when doing so. If I roll into the power in 2nd the traction control seems to allow the TC to keep up with things as the traction breaks loose and I can ride the hazing all the way through to redline. That's in 2nd. There is no hope for 1st gear traction any longer. I'd love to be able to really hammer it in 1st and 2nd and let the TC handle things....but it's not programmed for this kind of power. Gonna need a Motec or similar for that.
Agreed I wish it was more accurate like the Porsche / Mclaren / supercar world. Granted their systems are probably more costly than the value of our cars but it sure would be amazing.

As for the matcho men that drive without traction control - that’s the reason for so many crashes and unnecessary injuries to yourself / innocent others that got in the way. Put the testosterone boosters down. Word of advice - if you get into a new supercar don’t touch the traction control or you will be in a ditch real quick.
Noblebro175 (03-03-2023)
Old 03-02-2023, 01:57 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dj_or_dj
Hahaha you spying on me??? You mean drive with Nannies engaged?

I ride motorcycles, and traction control is all in the right wrist. I have owned several crotch rockets over the years, I have owned a couple CBR 1000rr's, zx6r, zx10r, R1 and Hayabusa which I did a top gear pull on several times. It has seen over 220mph on the speedo.

Personally I like the way the car feels without Nannies engaged.

And I have changed my driving habits ...the car learned me something good.

nothing like an ohh **** moment where your ******* squeezes so tight you can make a Diamond to keep you from doing that again LOL
Lol yes I’m spying on you. If the nannies are kicking in then you are driving wrong - no other way to put it lol.

Get notified of new replies

To AI cylinder heads

Old 03-02-2023, 01:59 PM
Dj_or_dj
Burning Brakes

Lol yes I’m spying on you. If the nannies are kicking in then you are driving wrong - no other way to put it lol.

HAHAHAHAHA

TOUCHÉ MY FRIEND!!!

SHHHH don't tell anyone...
Old 03-02-2023, 02:03 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Dj_or_dj
HAHAHAHAHA

TOUCHÉ MY FRIEND!!!

SHHHH don't tell anyone...
Hahahah I usually keep to myself don’t worry 🫣😂
Old 03-02-2023, 02:17 PM
racerx3317
Drifting

Agreed I wish it was more accurate like the Porsche / Mclaren / supercar world. Granted their systems are probably more costly than the value of our cars but it sure would be amazing.

As for the macho men that drive without traction control - that’s the reason for so many crashes and unnecessary injuries to yourself / innocent others that got in the way. Put the testosterone boosters down. Word of advice - if you get into a new supercar don’t touch the traction control or you will be in a ditch real quick.
The system on the C6 is pretty rudimentary. All it does is cuts power when it feels a little yaw and that's what I don't like about it. I drove a McLaren mp4-12c on an autocross track and you couldn't even feel to stability control working. I hope the C7 and C8 systems are that good.

Quick Reply: AI cylinder heads