Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] 611/585 on E & 588/546 on 91

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2023, 09:14 AM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,290 Likes on 934 Posts

Originally Posted by harryk387
Straight ignorance. Found out that could be done after I bought the pedal commander.
Ah one of those situations - that’s ok it happens to us all! Been there hence knowing about it lol
The following users liked this post:
Noblebro175 (02-15-2023)
Old 01-30-2023, 10:04 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Received 1,015 Likes on 534 Posts

Originally Posted by Dbl_D718
I understand that this was tuned on a hub dyno that's a little generous, my own Corvette was tuned there once. I'm not really concerned about the numbers, I'm mostly interested in a review of the driving manners with their 112 cam.
Yeah the Chassis dyno we use is not owned by me so I cant speak on the calibration of it or if it reads high or low, etc... I just know that I always request he uses the correct SAE J1349 (2004) correction factor as that is the gold standards for the correction factors for Chassis dynos.
I also know that Church (the chassis dyno shop we use) has two dynos and one read higher than the other by a somewhat decent amount. Not sure why as they are the same brand and all but again I dont own them so I have to rely on the numbers he gives me and just trust him on the charts. If it was my dyno it would be a different story.
We do own an in house Superflow SF902s but that is an engine dyno and that we have calibrated perfectly and it matches Westechs Performance Groups SF902s (which is the gold standard for engine dynos).
My guess is that these pulls were done on Church's higher reading dyno as we normally do not see this much power from a 116 cam setup (probably why I originally thought it was a 112 cam setup).

Anyhow just wanted to put all that out there since im not trying to be deceptive with the numbers or anything like that just posting the graphs I was provided with the correction factor the forum guys always want to see on the graph.
I digress...

What questions did you have about the 112 vs 116 cam setups?

https://americanheritageperformance.com/
The following 3 users liked this post by American Heritage:
Dbl_D718 (01-31-2023), JABCAT (01-30-2023), Too-Fast (01-31-2023)
Old 01-31-2023, 02:58 PM
Dbl_D718
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by American Heritage

What questions did you have about the 112 vs 116 cam setups?

I'm interested in a first-hand account on the drivability of the 112 cam. How it does around town, if it can cruise comfortably in 6th gear at 55-60mph, etc. I've found some great videos of idles and cold starts but not much about how it does on the street. A comparison of how peak power levels would differ between the 112 and 116 with a build like the one in this thread would be great.
American Heritage (02-09-2023)
Old 02-09-2023, 11:33 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

I'm interested in a first-hand account on the drivability of the 112 cam. How it does around town, if it can cruise comfortably in 6th gear at 55-60mph, etc. I've found some great videos of idles and cold starts but not much about how it does on the street. A comparison of how peak power levels would differ between the 112 and 116 with a build like the one in this thread would be great.
I hope a few of our customers who own either the 112 cam or the 116 cam will chime in on their take on the driveability of each cam but until then I can give you my feedback from driving and even owning quite a few z06s with both of these camshafts in them (I buy and sell a few z06s every year).
I will preface my feedback by saying I drive a TON of heavily modded cars and could daily drive even the rowdiest cammed z06 without to much trouble, so take that into consideration when reading my feedback.
I will also say that driveability on these cars (regardless of what cam) is ALL about how dialed in the tune is. It is almost always tune based when there are driveability issues with an aftermarket cam. What one tuner will struggle with just say "its the cam, nothing I can do about it" another tuner can dial into a buttery smooth daily driver. Tune, Tune, Tune, its all about the tune on these cars.

116 cam when dialed in properly drives as close to bone stock as any aftermarket cam can drive. In fact if the tune is truly spot on I would say it can drive exactly like stock till you put your foot into it. Zero bucking or surging in the parking lot when driving slow as well as zero bucking or surging at highway speeds when cruising in 6th gear. I would say this is a cam that GM could have sold as a factory option with these cars. From a tuning standpoint it is also a very easy cam to tune although I have seen a few tuners struggle with this cam but then those same tuners also struggle with pretty much every cam they tune (again all about the tune on these cars). Cam makes very good low end power, mid range power and still pull hard to the top of its power band.

112 cam... is a bit more aggressive than the 116 cam but is still a mild cam by today's standards and can also be a daily driving camshaft (although the 112 cam requires the use of headers to run this cam). 112 cam when dialed in perfectly also does zero bucking or surging in the parking lot or at highway cruising speeds. Again though its all about the tune. A poor tune with this cam will buck and surge at slow speeds and surge at highway cruising. From a tuning standpoint this cam is also relatively easy to properly dial in. I love the power band on this cam. It lack a tiny bit at the very very bottom of the power band but quickly makes up for it in the lower middle of the power band and then just pulls like a freight train from about 3,000rpms all the way to peak RPMs. Excellent cam for a HPDE car or road coarse car. Also a great all around hot rod cam for a weekend toy that you still want to be able to take the wife or girlfriend to dinner in (without her thinking your car is broken lol).

Both 116 cam and 112 cam are mild camshafts that can easily be daily driven and dont have any bad manners (when tuned properly). I usually tell customers who are torn between which cam out of these two to go with to make the decision based on if they are planning on running headers or not. If sticking with stock manifolds go 116 cam. If adding headers go 112 cam. That is pretty much what I would personally do.
Now lets see if a few other owners of these camshafts see this thread and can jump in with their feedback on the driveability aspect.

Dbl_D718 (02-10-2023)
Old 02-10-2023, 11:58 AM
Dbl_D718
Pro

Received 150 Likes on 96 Posts

Thanks for the feedback. I put in the order for a heads and 112 cam package a couple days ago
Old 02-10-2023, 08:45 PM
American Heritage
Supporting Vendor

Thanks for the feedback. I put in the order for a heads and 112 cam package a couple days ago
Nice! Your going to love the 112 cam and heads setup!
Thanks you very much for your order!!!

Quick Reply: [Z06] 611/585 on E & 588/546 on 91