Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

Exciting NEW C6 CAI / True RAM AIR Design (Dyno and Road test results)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2022, 04:33 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Received 908 Likes on 373 Posts

Default Exciting NEW C6 CAI / True RAM AIR Design (Dyno and Road test results)

Guys,

I have recently gotten involved with a company that a number of years ago came up with a really effective CAI that features a well thought out ram air design, coupled with the largest filter area of any CAI that I am familiar with (which reduces restriction and increases power)

Long story short is there was a fall out of some kind with the original partners on this project and years later (very recently in fact) the company has changed hands and I am now involved with the marketing and R&D of its current and future projects.

Been meaning to post about this for quite some time but lately I have just been so busy playing catch up (finally receiving head castings and other key components to complete older orders etc.) that I didnt make the necessary time.

Note I have already sent this CAI to a dozen or so of my customers and quite a number of them have gotten back to me with very favorable results (against other aftermarket intakes) showing gains of over 10 RWHP (one was double that in fact) over various competitors on the market. While that is still very good (at essentially the same cost of admission), you have to keep in mind that none of these results factor in the ram air aspect of this particular design.....these are steady state tests on a chassis dyno (meaning no ram air to add power at road speeds).

Most (not all) CAI designs still pull heated air from under the hood (with only the small vent in the hood helping to reduce some of the temp) but that will only be marginally effective in reducing your IAT's.

The Ram Air SS will provide ambient inlet temps as long as your moving over walking speed and it requires you cutting a large rectangle in your radiator shroud which is a pretty straight forward deal (in fact I used a box knife and a steady hand to carefully cut my shroud.....didnt even have to remove it)

Pics of the install on my personal car below

Shroud partially cut after using the supplied frame as a template

Here it is after the piece was completely removed

Size of this opening says it all.....its over 10X the cross sectional area of the four inch inlet that feeds your engine!

And here is a shot of the massive filter element.....the larger this is the less restriction your engine sees while still effectively filtering the intake charge. This is one of the key features that separate it from other CAI designs

12 oz Coke can added in the picture for scale! =)

The front grill opening basically pressurizes the radiator cavity in the C6 design which at speed forces cooler ambient air through the radiator and once you install this CAI also pressurizes and provides ambient airflow to your engine as well....naturally the faster you go the more the pressure differential increases its effectiveness as your speedo climbs higher. Not getting warm air from under the hood makes a big difference.....in fact it's 1% more power for every 10 degrees of intake air temp reduction. Of course having this cooler air under pressure makes even more power....aka BOOST (albeit a very slight amount) versus most designs that will slightly choke flow at higher RPM (as seen in your KPA figures dropping when your logging WOT).

Truth is I ran a similar system many years ago on my C5 and that car ran extremely good and had excellent trap speeds some of which I attributed to this similar ram air design (you cut a much smaller hole in the radiator shroud and installed a box with a conical filter in it). That intake was similar in how it worked and benefited you but it wasn't as big and effective as this design. However, even that smaller unit when I installed that on my C5 I saw significant gains in performance (3 tenths and 3 MPH higher traps). And once again that design while similar pales in comparison to the Ram Air SS which just takes that concept (ambient temp pressurized air in the rad cavity) and exploits it much more effectively. Btw, the older C5 design was made by a company called Breathless Performance.....not sure if they are even around any more. You guys that have been here for awhile probably remember the system....it was popular in the early 2000's.

Anyway.....awesome performance benefits aside, I simply LOVE the way this CAI looks when its installed. I personally go for mods that look more OEM and higher quality in appearance and this CAI does that in spades. Here are some pics of the final install in my 08' Z06

Thoughts after my install (keeping in mind I'm currently still running a completely stock engine and driveline.....modded would have provided even stronger results!).

Lets just say I didnt need a dyno to sense I picked up a BUNCH of power. I was honestly blown away but I knew I wanted something more precise than my butt dyno to compare so prior to the install I did a bunch of late night testing in Mexico on my favorite stretch of road using a Dragy to record what I viewed as almost a dyno pull on the street. What I mean by that is no shifting involved (which could easily skew the results).....one loooong pull from 3700 RPM to 7000 RPM in 3rd gear (which meant I set the Dragy to record from 65 MPH to 123 MPH) essentially lifting as soon as I heard the factory rev limiter engage at 7050 ish RPM's "abruptly" signaling me that I had exceeded 123 MPH and the test was over.

Also in an effort to improve consistency a little further I started the run at 55 - 60 MPH (3400 ish) with a med quick roll into WOT at that lower speed so the car was already WOT, planted and accelerating when the Dragy started recording the data crossing 65 MPH.

The test results of this one gear pull starting from an RPM I would usually never floor the car at (but more what you might see on a chassis dyno test) was very interesting. I should mention I did three pulls at the same water temp, starting in the exact same place (on the same road going the same direction) and Im showing you the middle of those results below (so not the best....not the worst but the grouping was very tight anyway in all three configurations I tested in).

First test was bonestock.....OEM CAI....the only mod to my 08' Z06 being a ported OEM TB but all three of these test results included that same throttle body

Stock baseline....65 - 123 MPH 3rd Gear

Next three runs were after the addition of the Ram Air SS with the OEM tune....weather conditions identical to the baseline runs with low 40 degree ambient temps

Solid gains here with just the addition of the CAI....Distance reduced by 51 feet and .34 quicker !!

And finally we have the tuned final results.....this didnt happen right away as all of the tuning was done on the street (via logs and dragy info) . Probably took close to 6 weeks with the time I had available to continue testing.....in fact the weather had gotten alot warmer heading into spring/summer and I was afraid I wouldn't have similar conditions to test. But then we got one last cold snap before the summer was here permanently and I got in some good results which again I posted the middle ground like the previous configurations (probably the 5th or 6th tweak/iteration of our tune....in fact I would like to thank my good friend Jacob....aka DarthV8r on most forums, who helped me remotely tune the car and extract the most we could working on the street).

My butt dyno had already told me we made a solid increase over just the Ram Air and the OEM tune.....in fact the biggest gain I felt was right from the hit where the car just kind of leaped in spite of only turning 3500 ish RPM when I quickly rolled into the throttle. When it had the OEM CAI on it the car was notably soft at that starting RPM. The Ram Air stock tune helped but it was a little lean there and when we dialed in the tune it made a solid difference.

A total reduction in ET of .56 seconds and requiring 81 feet less to get there!! These are some serious gains in a 3rd gear pull

While I still plan on hitting the dyno personally, I feel the Dragy results are more indicative of the performance potential of this design due to the fact there is zero ram air helping on the dyno.

That said I do have some dyno results to share that the original designer of this system conducted about 9 years ago.

Here is a link to that chassis dyno testing (less than 5 min video showing the install of the unit also).....I recommend you check it out!

Final results of that chassis dyno testing for the guys short on time

Stock....... 440 RWHP......431 RWTQ
Ram Air....468 RWHP..... 458 RWTQ
Tuned.......482 RWHP......471 RWTQ

Based on the real world results I have seen and felt I don't feel these numbers are exaggerated in the slightest.
It would take that and more to show me the gains I saw in less than a quarter mile run starting from an RPM anyone that knows how to drive these cars wouldn't have started from (I did if for the science and to see gains over a broader RPM range....also it was important to remove any shifting which would have made the results less consistent).

Can you buy one? Yes....I have a "decent" supply of these original CAI's available now but we are looking for a new vendor currently to build us more intakes. Ideally that happens before we run out but I mention this only to let you know the situation up front in the event you order months from now and we are in between stock (old inventory sold and new inventory not completed yet).

Selling price.....The 90mm version of this kit will sell for $625 (you basically use your OEM coupler....exactly what I did personally in this current configuration)....if your running the larger 102/103mm aftermarket TB the cost is $655 as it comes with the larger silicone hose for the larger TB.

I will probably have these units on my website store soon, but for now just email, PM or call me if you would like to order one....lead times are usually 1 - 2 weeks

I look forward to your feedback and results when you do and call me if you have any questions regarding the install....it's pretty straightforward (check out the vid in that dyno link above)

Regards,
Tony

Please take the time to also visit my website at www.MamoMotorsports.com

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 09-25-2022 at 06:06 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports:
703z06 (09-26-2022), az426hemi (12-21-2022), ElisTwoCents (10-11-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 01:35 PM
703z06
Instructor

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Very impressive gains
Looking forward to purchasing one of these + a ported MSD soon from you
Old 09-26-2022, 03:19 PM
SPDKLZ1
Burning Brakes

Received 272 Likes on 188 Posts

It seems pretty similar to the Callaway Honker intake...
The following users liked this post:
zdeckich (11-09-2023)
Old 09-26-2022, 05:17 PM
Apocolipse
Le Mans Master

Received 1,292 Likes on 936 Posts

Thanks for designing a new system for our cars. Curious - What does the IAT get up to in staging lanes / traffic vs stock?
The following users liked this post:
TRSCobra (09-26-2022)
Old 09-26-2022, 06:11 PM
TRSCobra
Drifting

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 241 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
Thanks for designing a new system for our cars. Curious - What does the IAT get up to in staging lanes / traffic vs stock?
If coolant temps were below the fan setpoint it looks like heat from the radiator would go right up into the intake til after the car was moving for a bit.
The following 2 users liked this post by TRSCobra:
d16dcoe45 (11-23-2022), Tundraguy (09-26-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 04:34 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by SPDKLZ1
It seems pretty similar to the Callaway Honker intake...
It is very similar (in fact as I mentioned in my lengthy write up, it's similar to the system I had in my C5 20 years ago)

And there are a couple of other manufacturers that use this "design" also (by "design" I'm mostly referring to CAI's that cut the radiator shroud to take advantage of the high pressure ambient air that's directly behind it).

Having seen just about all the different similar options over the years, I just feel this takes the most advantage of that design based on the size and depth of the plenum box and the humongous filter this kit comes with.

In fact the filter is almost twice as large as the other brands I have seen....the larger plenum box and the larger filter means there is more high pressure surface area pushing on that 4" air duct feeding your engine

Coming from a guy that has dedicated a good part of his life to better understanding and optimizing "airflow", these are key advantages the Ram Air SS offers.

Also cleaning and accessing the filter is a piece of cake....remove the hose clamp at the TB and unsnap the two stainless clips you see on the top front of the plenum box and the whole shell and filter is in your hands.

Like the picture I have with the coke can in my thread.....its very serviceable and easy to remove if you need to

Circling back to filter sizing for a minute, most kits offer filters that are more of a narrow rectangle like the picture below depicts.

In fact here is a picture of a filter from a popular CAI manufacturer (that works in a similar fashion to the Ram Air SS) and the difference in filter CSA is substantial (might be an honest double or slightly more)

This really drives home the point I have been making regarding filter size!

Once again....larger filter equals less restriction and provides a larger surface area for the high pressure air to work on and force feed your throttle body at higher road speeds

Think of how effective this system will be at triple digit speeds!

Originally Posted by Apocolipse
Regarding IAT's in traffic or in the staging lanes at the track, naturally there is some heat soak. That's difficult to get around in any type of CAI in a production vehicle.

Do they climb when your sitting in traffic.....sure but think about your car in the staging lanes that have filters under the front hood area (still above the radiator) that dont have access to fresh air once the car gets in motion!
Its hot stagnant air under the hood that will take minutes to clear out....a quarter mile run wont change the IAT's much at all.

What I did to take further advantage of this design was to install an inexpensive two wire GM IAT sensor in the side of the Ram Air SS box above the filter area....I spliced that relocated IAT sensor into the OEM MAF / IAT wire harness (the C6 has MAF and the IAT in the same place right in front of the TB).

I extended the OEM wires that go to the IAT portion of the MAF sensor to pick up the resistance recorded by my more optimally placed IAT sensor (I will update this thread with pics later). Part of the problem tuning these cars (especially on the chassis dyno) is you get alot of heat soak due to where the IAT is located.....right above the fans and just behind the radiator.....that entire MAF housing gets really hot and it skews your actual IAT readings even worse. Where I relocated mine (right in the airbox cavity above the filter) Im getting much more accurate IAT's and I dont get any artificial heat soak to skew the data. As soon as the car starts moving you can watch the temps drop with the ambient air rushing in the plenum box. Also in this location I can sit in traffic and the temps climb slowly because your not getting all the underhood artificial heat soak in the sensor.

To be honest this is really a different topic altogether and Im getting out into left field a bit here but the bottom line is no system is impervious to heat soak, but with this design as soon as you start moving the IAT's will drop MUCH faster than any other design.

One last thing to add is on my C5, when I raced the car I had a switch under the dash that would run the fans constantly if I was sitting in the staging lanes (running an electric water pump and a lower T-Stat as well).....I will probably add that to my C6Z once I finally make the time to install one of my LS7 top end packages on that car. Unfortunately I have very little time to work on my own stuff but that project is moving up the list on a long line of things I want to accomplish by next year. I plan to document that build in great detail with stock baseline numbers all the way to the finished combination possibly making a few pit stops in various stages of the upgrades.

So yeah.....heat soak.....that's the LONG answer to a short question but I hope you guys followed along.

-Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 09-27-2022 at 05:53 AM.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:12 AM
LoSloZ06
Racer

Received 97 Likes on 55 Posts

My car is a driver, and it’s in some of the harshest conditions: stop-and-go NYC 100+ degree traffic. There is simply no effing way I’m cutting the shroud. I had to undo the vararam bs and reinstall a stock shroud.

My car is meant for long distance trips, I want to keep it reliable. I’ll sacrifice 10hp for longevity, drivability, and reliability.
Old 09-27-2022, 07:55 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by LoSloZ06
My car is a driver, and it’s in some of the harshest conditions: stop-and-go NYC 100+ degree traffic. There is simply no effing way I’m cutting the shroud. I had to undo the vararam bs and reinstall a stock shroud.

My car is meant for long distance trips, I want to keep it reliable. I’ll sacrifice 10hp for longevity, drivability, and reliability.

At speed this system is worth alot more than 10 HP but my question is why do you feel this design compromises any of the three things you mentioned??

You have full filtration and normal standing water, heavy rainfall or deep puddles isn't an issue either.

Unless you planned on driving your Vette into approx. two feet of water there is no way you could accidentally hydro lock the engine (unless the water level was literally the height of your radiator)

It doesnt have a low pick up point so you shouldn't have to be concerned about anything like that.

I address this more so for the clarification of others considering one.....you seem happy with the changes you have made and that's fine.

Everyone takes different approaches to their builds

-Tony
Old 09-27-2022, 09:09 AM
SG4247
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Is the filter element oiled or dry?

Where does a person get a replacement filter if needed?

-Thanks SG
Old 09-27-2022, 09:45 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by SG4247
Is the filter element oiled or dry?

Where does a person get a replacement filter if needed?

-Thanks SG
They are lightly oiled (not like some new K&N's that come out of the bag.....sometimes those leave oil on the bag)

I will always offer replacement filters so that will never be an issue.....good question though

-Tony
Old 09-28-2022, 10:57 AM
LT1 Z/28
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks similar to the CAI (Hurricane) that came on my Z (shroud cut too like yours). This one didn't play nicely with the OEM MAF curve, it took a tune to correct and not throw a CEL. It sounds like yours is an improved design!
Old 09-29-2022, 11:21 AM
miami993c297
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

Is there any chance this Mamo CAI can be installed in a C5 90mm TB?
Christian
The following 2 users liked this post by miami993c297:
Mirek (09-30-2022), Navy Blue 210 (10-01-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 11:50 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by miami993c297
Is there any chance this Mamo CAI can be installed in a C5 90mm TB?
Christian
Christian,

Long time....Hope all is well

Regarding your question it's certainly a good one and I would be curious to find out

The honest answer is I don't know as it was definitely designed using a C6 prototype vehicle. I suspect with a C6 OEM rubber airbridge (like you see in the pics I posted with my install) there is a reasonable chance it would work (or work with some slight mods to the box or box frame).

I mean clearly the C5 and C6 are very similar designs with the laid down radiator and the shroud right there on an angle etc.

Shoot me an email.....I will make you a deal on one if your willing to try it knowing I have no idea what the outcome would be

Get in touch and we can talk about it.....Im confident you would be pleased with how well it worked....just don't know what kind of hurdles you would have to jump through (if any) to get it installed

Regards,
Tony
The following 3 users liked this post by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports:
miami993c297 (09-29-2022), Mirek (09-30-2022), Navy Blue 210 (10-01-2022)
Old 09-29-2022, 02:17 PM
miami993c297
Melting Slicks

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Christian,

Long time....Hope all is well

Regarding your question it's certainly a good one and I would be curious to find out

The honest answer is I don't know as it was definitely designed using a C6 prototype vehicle. I suspect with a C6 OEM rubber airbridge (like you see in the pics I posted with my install) there is a reasonable chance it would work (or work with some slight mods to the box or box frame).

I mean clearly the C5 and C6 are very similar designs with the laid down radiator and the shroud right there on an angle etc.

Shoot me an email.....I will make you a deal on one if your willing to try it knowing I have no idea what the outcome would be

Get in touch and we can talk about it.....Im confident you would be pleased with how well it worked....just don't know what kind of hurdles you would have to jump through (if any) to get it installed

Regards,
Tony
Hi Tony,
Impressive you remember my preferred way to communicate is email...(I have all our exchanges in archive since 2004)
I am working off the country until early October and will email you for arrangements...I can say we have had already some great success experiencing extreme ways, and count on making this one work, because technically it's what my engine need...but you already know that.
Christian
Old 09-29-2022, 06:05 PM
TwinturboN8
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Scheduled my before dyno time for your Ported MSD, Ported NW103 and Ram Air SS

It is very similar (in fact as I mentioned in my lengthy write up, it's similar to the system I had in my C5 20 years ago)

And there are a couple of other manufacturers that use this "design" also (by "design" I'm mostly referring to CAI's that cut the radiator shroud to take advantage of the high pressure ambient air that's directly behind it).

Having seen just about all the different similar options over the years, I just feel this takes the most advantage of that design based on the size and depth of the plenum box and the humongous filter this kit comes with.

In fact the filter is almost twice as large as the other brands I have seen....the larger plenum box and the larger filter means there is more high pressure surface area pushing on that 4" air duct feeding your engine

Coming from a guy that has dedicated a good part of his life to better understanding and optimizing "airflow", these are key advantages the Ram Air SS offers.

Also cleaning and accessing the filter is a piece of cake....remove the hose clamp at the TB and unsnap the two stainless clips you see on the top front of the plenum box and the whole shell and filter is in your hands.

Like the picture I have with the coke can in my thread.....its very serviceable and easy to remove if you need to

Circling back to filter sizing for a minute, most kits offer filters that are more of a narrow rectangle like the picture below depicts.

In fact here is a picture of a filter from a popular CAI manufacturer (that works in a similar fashion to the Ram Air SS) and the difference in filter CSA is substantial (might be an honest double or slightly more)

This really drives home the point I have been making regarding filter size!

Once again....larger filter equals less restriction and provides a larger surface area for the high pressure air to work on and force feed your throttle body at higher road speeds

Think of how effective this system will be at triple digit speeds!

Regarding IAT's in traffic or in the staging lanes at the track, naturally there is some heat soak. That's difficult to get around in any type of CAI in a production vehicle.

Do they climb when your sitting in traffic.....sure but think about your car in the staging lanes that have filters under the front hood area (still above the radiator) that dont have access to fresh air once the car gets in motion!
Its hot stagnant air under the hood that will take minutes to clear out....a quarter mile run wont change the IAT's much at all.

What I did to take further advantage of this design was to install an inexpensive two wire GM IAT sensor in the side of the Ram Air SS box above the filter area....I spliced that relocated IAT sensor into the OEM MAF / IAT wire harness (the C6 has MAF and the IAT in the same place right in front of the TB).

I extended the OEM wires that go to the IAT portion of the MAF sensor to pick up the resistance recorded by my more optimally placed IAT sensor (I will update this thread with pics later). Part of the problem tuning these cars (especially on the chassis dyno) is you get alot of heat soak due to where the IAT is located.....right above the fans and just behind the radiator.....that entire MAF housing gets really hot and it skews your actual IAT readings even worse. Where I relocated mine (right in the airbox cavity above the filter) Im getting much more accurate IAT's and I dont get any artificial heat soak to skew the data. As soon as the car starts moving you can watch the temps drop with the ambient air rushing in the plenum box. Also in this location I can sit in traffic and the temps climb slowly because your not getting all the underhood artificial heat soak in the sensor.

To be honest this is really a different topic altogether and Im getting out into left field a bit here but the bottom line is no system is impervious to heat soak, but with this design as soon as you start moving the IAT's will drop MUCH faster than any other design.

One last thing to add is on my C5, when I raced the car I had a switch under the dash that would run the fans constantly if I was sitting in the staging lanes (running an electric water pump and a lower T-Stat as well).....I will probably add that to my C6Z once I finally make the time to install one of my LS7 top end packages on that car. Unfortunately I have very little time to work on my own stuff but that project is moving up the list on a long line of things I want to accomplish by next year. I plan to document that build in great detail with stock baseline numbers all the way to the finished combination possibly making a few pit stops in various stages of the upgrades.

So yeah.....heat soak.....that's the LONG answer to a short question but I hope you guys followed along.

-Tony
Tony- I just scheduled my before dyno time for the before and after portion of the build to include Ported MSD, Ported 103, and Ram Air SS. I actually spoke with the installer who suggested I never should have invested in the ported portion of this project. He suggested that the gains were not worth the cost. I hope to prove him wrong after I've received a proper tune with GP Tuning in the Bay Area. I Will report installed and tuned dyno results shortly!

Last edited by TwinturboN8; 10-03-2022 at 12:07 PM. Reason: new information
Old 09-29-2022, 07:20 PM
slammin86
Burning Brakes

Received 392 Likes on 205 Posts

Will this fit z07 cars?
Old 09-29-2022, 10:20 PM
c6rson
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been lusting after basically all of your stuff since I bought my car, although that wasn't very long ago lol. I am definitely interested in this, along with a TB and if anyone out there, (or Mamo himself), has a Mamo ported manifold just laying around that they want to sell, shoot me a DM and sign me up!

Get notified of new replies

To Exciting NEW C6 CAI / True RAM AIR Design (Dyno and Road test results)

Old 09-30-2022, 02:29 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by miami993c297
Hi Tony,
Impressive you remember my preferred way to communicate is email...(I have all our exchanges in archive since 2004)
I am working off the country until early October and will email you for arrangements...I can say we have had already some great success experiencing extreme ways, and count on making this one work, because technically it's what my engine need...but you already know that.
Christian
Yes sir.....we hotrodders always figure out a way to install parts to make our cars faster.....even ones that need some additional "tweaking" to install

I dont see this deal being a big rocket launch by any means but I doubt it's just plug and pay. As I said very interested in getting your feedback on this. Just hit me up when your ready

Originally Posted by TwinturboN8
Tony- I just scheduled my before dyno time for the before and after the Ported MSD, Ported 103, and Ram Air SS, Id actually think about replacing the Honker with this intake after seeing the filter size differece. Will report installed and tuned dyno results shortly!
Awesome....Im looking forward to those results!

Originally Posted by slammin86
Will this fit z07 cars?
That Im more confident will be plug and play.....I don't see how any of the rad shroud area will be different in a Z07

Should be no different than a C6Z06 install

Originally Posted by c6rson
I've been lusting after basically all of your stuff since I bought my car, although that wasn't very long ago lol. I am definitely interested in this, along with a TB and if anyone out there, (or Mamo himself), has a Mamo ported manifold just laying around that they want to sell, shoot me a DM and sign me up!
Time to stop "lusting" (did get a chuckle out of that!) and consider this VERY cost effective two part plan..... I think you will agree it makes sense

Purchase the CAI and a ported TB from me now. I could port your TB to save money if its an 09' - 13' model and if it's an 06' - 08' model I handle those on an exchange basis which is also very cost effective.

Even if you already have an existing CAI, I feel you will get a solid bang for your buck purchasing both this items but if your still running the OEM airbox it would translate into reeaally significant gains in power and performance per dollar spent. You would have approx $875 into the CAI and the ported TB and you would see even larger gains than I featured in this thread because your also adding the extra airflow from the ported TB at the same time (I already had this in my baseline configuration). Also the ported TB makes the car more responsive and gives it better tip in throttle which feels great on the street.....doing the CAI and the ported TB at the same time will by a huge in your face upgrade in power and torque. Nothing else for less than a grand would come close to these gains in performance.....this is without a doubt the low hanging fruit you would want to grab and take advantage of first. And the install labor is pretty straight forward....anyone even reasonably handly could tackle this install themselves. No need to have a shop do it if you like to tinker on your car (once again check out the dyno video I provided which shows the install).

Then down the road you score a new or used Mamo ported MSD somewhere (by wary of used btw....not all work portrayed as mine is mine) and that would be the cherry on top and another sizeable more forward in terms of power output

Basically a two step plan that spreads the cost out over a longer period of time and both of these steps will offer big grins after the install !!

Hope this helps or at least gives you something to consider

-Tony

Last edited by Tony @ Mamo Motorsports; 09-30-2022 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-30-2022, 07:33 AM
slammin86
Burning Brakes

Received 392 Likes on 205 Posts

That Im more confident will be plug and play.....I don't see how any of the rad shroud area will be different in a Z07

Should be no different than a C6Z06 install

-Tony
Supposedly the area over the radiator is different due to the aluminum radiator that the Z07 cars have. I was unable to fit a halltech CAI because of this. A corsa CAI fits fine.
Old 10-01-2022, 12:06 AM
Tony @ Mamo Motorsports
Supporting Vendor

Originally Posted by slammin86
Supposedly the area over the radiator is different due to the aluminum radiator that the Z07 cars have. I was unable to fit a halltech CAI because of this. A corsa CAI fits fine.
I would say if the radiator shroud is the same P/N there would be an excellent chance it would work but I don't know whether that's the case (that info should be relatively easy to track down online)

If it is a different shape (the Z07 shroud) and it sits taller or higher in the car that could be a fitment issue regarding the plenum box height relative to clearing the hood

Thanks for letting me know about the different radiator configuration

Regards,
Tony

Quick Reply: Exciting NEW C6 CAI / True RAM AIR Design (Dyno and Road test results)