Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

New Michelins and a Different Alignment

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2022, 12:06 PM
Andydp
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default New Michelins and a Different Alignment

Just got new tires for "Big Bird" my 2006 Velocity Yellow ZO6.

I purchased a set of Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4 ZP. My first impression is they are super quiet compared to my previous Michelins. I still have to take it for a long(er) trip but I expect good things. To those that will ask, yes, they are run flats. No, I did not want "non run flat" tires.

I'm sure many of you have experienced the tires on a ZO6 tend to wear unevenly. The reason I was given on this site is the standard ZO6 alignment is for track use, they are not aligned to consider the road crown. I want to thank the person here that pointed me to the PFADT web site and their Corvette Alignment chart. I gave the garage the chart and asked they align using those specs. I have noticed the steering is more "evenly divided" than before. I've had no steering problems for 84K miles so it wasn't a big problem to begin with. The link for the PFADT site is

Alignment Guide Rev 9.12.2011.xls (billswebspace.com)

This is my experience. As I have noted, in past postings, there will be divergent opinions.
Old 05-06-2022, 01:05 PM
WhiteDiamond
Race Director

Received 84 Likes on 55 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

I would like to see your thoughts on the tire after a few thousand miles or such, whatever you do on the car during the summer. I have been looking and the rear tire selection has gotten difficult. I just put the Michelin PS 4 A/S on my Audi, but the are not run flat. So far, really like the tire on the Audi, but I have been one of those non-run flat for the Vette since the beginning. Hoping these newer gen run flats addressed some of those issues.
Old 05-07-2022, 08:35 AM
Andydp
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by WhiteDiamond
I would like to see your thoughts on the tire after a few thousand miles or such, whatever you do on the car during the summer. I have been looking and the rear tire selection has gotten difficult. I just put the Michelin PS 4 A/S on my Audi, but the are not run flat. So far, really like the tire on the Audi, but I have been one of those non-run flat for the Vette since the beginning. Hoping these newer gen run flats addressed some of those issues.
I was planning on having the shop take a look after about 5K miles. The previous Michelin set lasted three years to include 9K miles on Route 66 and back. I wanted run flats because I did not feel like having a flat and being stranded in the Mojave Desert.

As I said, my first impression is they are much quieter and "seem" to ride better.

Get notified of new replies

To New Michelins and a Different Alignment

Quick Reply: New Michelins and a Different Alignment