Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

22k mile ZR1 first time owner

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 08:54 PM
Trakrat
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 22k mile ZR1 first time owner

Hi All,
I just got a 2013 ZR1 with 22k miles on it. It is a supersonic blue with blue stitching w/ ebony interior.

Being new to these cars, just curious what everyone recommends on maintenance or things to look out for?

A couple things I have questions on:
1.) I need to replace the rear inner fender well pieces that have the flare sticking out on the back side, seems one is slightly torn at the bottom and the other looks scuffed. does anyone have a part number?
2.) Are there any fluids recommended that I should replace immediately for proper maintenance?
3.) Is there any way to tell how many supersonic blue ZR1s were made? w/ blue stitching?
4.) Are there any concerns to keep a lookout on?
5.) Does anyone know what was the proper floor/hatch carpets that came with the car? Looks like the original owner put in all-weather rubber mats, and I want go back to the original mats.
6.) is there a way to order a new owner's manual set (cover, etc...)?
7.) any easy performance mods suggested?

I apologize if this all has been asked before... I did search and found A LOT of information not exactly pertaining to my searches.
Old 03-21-2022, 06:38 AM
JimsCorvettes
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 64 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Trakrat
It is a supersonic blue with blue stitching w/ ebony interior.
Is there any way to tell how many supersonic blue ZR1s were made? w/ blue stitching?
Supersonic Blue 2013 ZR1's: 12
Blue Stitching: 74
Ebony Interior: 279

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...-zr1-registry/

Jim
Old 03-21-2022, 07:32 AM
captain vette
Safety Car

Received 1,216 Likes on 793 Posts

When I buy my 2012 with 11k 2 and a half years ago I change the fluids in the trans, brake, diff, and also the coolant so it’s all reset to zero. If you are not aware of the isolator coupler issue you can check for play on the upper pulley by loosing the tension on the serpentine belt other than that these car are almost trouble free and bulletproof. Congrats for your SSB Zr1 one of my favorite
Old 03-21-2022, 11:58 AM
Trakrat
Advanced

Originally Posted by JimsCorvettes
Supersonic Blue 2013 ZR1's: 12
Blue Stitching: 74
Ebony Interior: 279

https://www.corvetteactioncenter.com...-zr1-registry/

Jim
Thanks,,, I'll have to see about updating that registry with my car.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:48 PM
Trakrat
Advanced

Is there a good site that sells OEM parts for our C6 still?

It looks like I need to get a replacement fuse box cover in my engine bay, as the one on it no longer stays closed, as someone broke it (also noticed it doesn't close properly, not sure if this is a common issue?)_
Old 03-21-2022, 05:59 PM
wjnjr
Melting Slicks

Received 914 Likes on 576 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Your local Chevrolet Parts Department if you're in a hurry or any of several online GM Parts vendors if you're not
Old 03-21-2022, 07:45 PM
corvettejoe09
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 51 Posts

I agree with captain vette.
I would also change the power steering fluid.
If you have a problem with the clutch pedal sticking to the floor (common issue) like mine, upgrade the clutch master cylinder to the GM upgraded one. Just use your existing clear reservoir instead of the new black one.
I went with the Tick master cylinder a few years ago & have zero issues even with HPDE.
Congratualations & enjoy!
Old 03-22-2022, 02:23 AM
ZR1 136
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

I would change all the fluids. Doing it yourself just time and $300. Cooling system flush, engine oil and filter, transmission, differential, brake fluid, and clutch fluid.
Old 03-22-2022, 06:15 PM
Trakrat
Advanced

Originally Posted by wjnjr
Your local Chevrolet Parts Department if you're in a hurry or any of several online GM Parts vendors if you're not
Thanks, wasn't sure if there was a site that the forum recommends for GM parts. Unfortunately I have poor experiences at my local dealers and would rather not deal with the stress.

Old 03-22-2022, 08:19 PM
CamayroZ
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1 136
I would change all the fluids. Doing it yourself just time and $300. Cooling system flush, engine oil and filter, transmission, differential, brake fluid, and clutch fluid.
I agree! And I would add spark plugs and wires, and the clutch master cylinder. Also check the brake pads, if you at ~50% or more then you are OK, if under, replace them.

I purchased a 2011 ZR1 about 6 weeks ago and did all of the above and in my case, the boots were almost baked on the plugs. The boots did not need to be replaced most likely but I replaced them with OEM. You can find my thread as I just did this...

Originally Posted by Trakrat
Thanks, wasn't sure if there was a site that the forum recommends for GM parts. Unfortunately I have poor experiences at my local dealers and would rather not deal with the stress.
That is too bad. As much I dislike car dealerships (sales people), I like the local parts / service guys and do all business locally.
A good local parts guy and a service guy are worth their weight in gold. It really helps to build that relationship.

Last edited by CamayroZ; 03-22-2022 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-01-2022, 02:17 PM
Colonel
Drifting

Received 279 Likes on 187 Posts

You have a rare car. There were only two 2013s made in Supersonic Blue with ebony/blue stitching. Their VIN numbers end in 087 and 173. Yours should be one of these cars if the registry is correct. Both of these cars were optioned with black headlight color override which means your lights should be black, not supersonic blue.
The following users liked this post:
Whoop (04-02-2022)
Old 04-01-2022, 04:47 PM
449er
Race Director

Received 4,731 Likes on 3,009 Posts
2023 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2022 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C6 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

A complete fluids change out would be my first order of business

Get notified of new replies

To 22k mile ZR1 first time owner